Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Good Bye. The End
Page 9 of 28
Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
161 - 06-23-2002, 04:57
Lady of Darkness must've rejected his request for a DCC chat.

Sponsored Links
YourG/F'sLover
Unregistered
Old
162 - 06-23-2002, 04:58

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
163 - 06-23-2002, 04:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Ptavv
This stopped being an online video game forum quite awhile ago and became aplace for a community to gather and talk about whatever... if you missed that then you're retarded.
If your first place to turn to is an online videogame 'community' then you're the ****ing retard. This isn't reality my friend.None of these people can hug you, or console you. You don't even know them. You meet maybe 10% of the community maybe, once? twice a year?? And of the people, how many act COMPLETELY different in real life?? Take it for what it is: A place to discuss random **** with some dudes (and like 2 chicks) online and nothing else.

Christ go get a girlfriend or something. And don't tell me you can't. ****ing anyone can get one. Ugly girls need love. Fat chicks need lovin too. Lower your expectations and ****ing UNPLUG for a while.

Inquisitor[Inq]
VeteranX
Old
164 - 06-23-2002, 04:58
As someone partially trained for this kind of thing I have to say I am fairly disgusted with a large percentage of the people who posted on this thread, and very happy some others are around. Sometimes people are only looking for attention, but do you want to be the one who makes the deciding comment to someone with a gun/pills/length of rope, and it being the wrong comment? I am sure I will receive many 'who cares?' responses. Well I pity you that your machismo has somehow eclipsed your humanity.

Tribalwar.com: More lazy assholes per capita than France

Inquisitor[Inq]
VeteranX
Old
165 - 06-23-2002, 05:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Joemomma5000
Christ go get a girlfriend or something. And don't tell me you can't. ****ing anyone can get one. Ugly girls need love. Fat chicks need lovin too. Lower your expectations and ****ing UNPLUG for a while.
It is this kind of comment that kills people in the real world, and to some people who feel that 'normal society' has failed them this 'interweb game forum' or some other electronic medium (forum,, EQ, any onlinesocial venue) IS their world.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
166 - 06-23-2002, 05:02
Quote:
If your first place to turn to is an online videogame 'community' then you're the ****ing retard. This isn't reality my friend.None of these people can hug you, or console you. You don't even know them. You meet maybe 10% of the community maybe, once? twice a year?? And of the people, how many act COMPLETELY different in real life?? Take it for what it is: A place to discuss random **** with some dudes (and like 2 chicks) online and nothing else.

You're moronic if you think you can't have meaningful interactions with the people you meet through video games. I have the phone #s of most of the people I played with in [KoV] and quite a few others. Despite the fact that I've never called them with my personal troubles I've discussed many things with them in IRC or other places and gained very helpful insight into lots of stuff.

Having never met them in person I'm far more comfortable telling them things I'd never tell some of my closest friends, and I don't ahve to worry about things being told to other people. You're a ****ing retard if you can't see some benefit in talking to people on the internet.

I do have a girlfriend (albiet one who is ****ing out of town until Thursday). Furthermore it doesn't matter how they act, all that I care about are the opinions and insight they can offer me.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
167 - 06-23-2002, 05:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Inquisitor[Inq]
As someone partially trained for this kind of thing I have to say I am fairly disgusted with a large percentage of the people who posted on this thread, and very happy some others are around. Sometimes people are only looking for attention, but do you want to be the one who makes the deciding comment to someone with a gun/pills/length of rope, and it being the wrong comment? I am sure I will receive many 'who cares?' responses. Well I pity you that your machismo has somehow eclipsed your humanity.

Tribalwar.com: More lazy assholes per capita than France
Ok seriously. If a comment made here makes someone commit suicide, they were going to anyways. Sure I'll be sad at the loss of human life, but I won't feel bad about what I've said, no one forced him/her to do anything.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
168 - 06-23-2002, 05:04
If you want to put my opinions down to the rantings of some nerd who has no real friends and is lying about his girlfriend feel free.

My name is Matt Timlin, if you PM me I'll give you my phone #, then I'll give you the phone #s of three of my closest friends, you can call them say "hey you know this guy, he a friend of yours?" and ****, I'll even put you on the line with my gf (when she gets back) so you know I didn't lie about that either. So kindly gain some perspective and **** off.

rukkus
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
169 - 06-23-2002, 05:05
hey did i mention i met matt pinfield tonight?

KEEP IT STRONG YODA! DON'T DIE! end it

Thesis
Unregistered
Old
170 - 06-23-2002, 05:05
Quote:
Well I pity you that your machismo has somehow eclipsed your humanity.
machismo really has nothing to do with it.

out of, let's say 413 suicide threads (random number) posted here on tribalwar, all 413 were false alarms.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice shame on me? i'd rather be heartless than gullible for the 413th time.

JohnnyX
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 06-23-2002, 05:05
Inquisitor, if he explained why he was feeling down and considering suicide I am more than sure people would console him.

Instead he left a vague letter hinting about him dying and waited to see people's reactions. That is both disturbing and disgusting. People who cry wolf are the ones that **** it up for people who really have nowhere to turn.

Also, as many people have stated, I hardly think if you were going to commit suicide you would post about it on a forum where you family doesn't even visit. People don't leave suicide notes for strangers, they leave them for people they love to explain why they did what they did.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
172 - 06-23-2002, 05:06
Why Thesis, what have you got to lose for saying "Hey don't do it, it's a waste of your life?". Oh god forbid he was doing it for attention, even if he was, pat yourself on the back and say "Hey I helped save someone's life tonight, no matter how small a part I played".

It's not like people are laughing at you for expressing sympathy for someone who wants/needs it.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
173 - 06-23-2002, 05:07
Quote:

You're moronic if you think you can't have meaningful interactions with the people you meet through video games. I have the phone #s of most of the people I played with in [KoV] and quite a few others. Despite the fact that I've never called them with my personal troubles I've discussed many things with them in IRC or other places and gained very helpful insight into lots of stuff.

Having never met them in person I'm far more comfortable telling them things I'd never tell some of my closest friends, and I don't ahve to worry about things being told to other people. You're a ****ing retard if you can't see some benefit in talking to people on the internet.

I do have a girlfriend (albiet one who is ****ing out of town until Thursday). Furthermore it doesn't matter how they act, all that I care about are the opinions and insight they can offer me.
Sure I see some benefit. I'm here after all.

But I don't take it past the online-friend level. I don't write them suicide notes, or ask them on dates, or any other ****ing rediculous things people do online.

And yes I understand that some people feel alienated. Or feel they have no one to talk to. Etc etc. Well then fine, live on the internet, I won't stop you. But don't come in here crying about who gives a **** and threatening to kill yourself.

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
174 - 06-23-2002, 05:09
I really don't get why it's so terrible to offer them a bit of sympathy and encouragement to not kill themselves... I mean it's not like every time you do it someone takes one of your testicles or something. If people were more compassionate false alarms wouldn't ruin anything since people would always get the treatment they deserve.

I wanna see one of you fools walk up to a man with a gun in his mouth who's ready to pull the trigger and tell him to do it.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
175 - 06-23-2002, 05:10
Quote:
Why Thesis, what have you got to lose for saying "Hey don't do it, it's a waste of your life?". Oh god forbid he was doing it for attention, even if he was, pat yourself on the back and say "Hey I helped save someone's life tonight, no matter how small a part I played".

It's not like people are laughing at you for expressing sympathy for someone who wants/needs it.
Wrong buddy. I'm laughing. I'm laughing at every ****ing sucker who feels the need to help wax this poor loser's ego.

"WAH IM DONE, CRTL-K IN REAL LIFE, BYE DOODS"

"NOO DONT DO IT. YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!!"

"YEAH YOU ARE HANDSOME AND ****"

"AND SMART AND FUNNY"

"Gee guys, I feel a lot better, thanx"

Pffffft ****off. Don't give me that ****. This isn't dawsonscreek.com

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
176 - 06-23-2002, 05:11
Fortunately for the future of the world then few, if any, people give a **** about your opinion JoeMamma... I hope you have someone close to you kill themselves because they felt they couldn't talk to people close to them, reached out to strangers for help, and got turned away.

Kurayami
Banned
Old
177 - 06-23-2002, 05:11
Joemomma5000 is very tough and cool. I wish I could be like him.

Inquisitor[Inq]
VeteranX
Old
178 - 06-23-2002, 05:12
Quote:

Ok seriously. If a comment made here makes someone commit suicide, they were going to anyways. Sure I'll be sad at the loss of human life, but I won't feel bad about what I've said, no one forced him/her to do anything.
You are missing the fundamental point that sometimes it only takes one thing to make someone on the edge make the last, terminal step.

If a smile can save someones life (they can), and nothing more complicated than not saying hello to someone can kill (it can), cutting/belittling comments on what someone may perceive as their last bastion of belonging sure as hell can be a deciding factor too.

No one forced me to believe you are an *******, but I do now. If someone was walking on a bridge and ends up tottering on the edge no one is forcing you to stick out your hand to save them either - but how will you feel if they fall?

The last thing neighbor told one of my aunts when they heard she was depressed was on the lines 'Oh it'll be allright - suck it up things aren't too bad'. She (my aunt) was dead 3 hours later. Little things Joemomma, little things.

SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
179 - 06-23-2002, 05:12
Quote:
As someone partially trained for this kind of thing I have to say I am fairly disgusted with a large percentage of the people who posted on this thread ...
I wholeheartedly agree and it started with the original poster. Inq, you've been here for a long time also man. You know as well as any other TWar vet that any "death notice" or cry for help here has been bull**** from day one. I think most of us stopped jumping by the time the 10th ******* said "so and so killed himself" or whatever.

People actually responding here makes the problem worse. If you don't give them what they want they'll go away because every troll only lives for his audience. Take that away and they'll move on. If they truely need help they'll go away and maybe actually get help from someplace that can actually give it to them. Coming to Twar with an extreme issue such as suicide had got to be one of the stupidest ****ing things to do.

Inquisitor[Inq]
VeteranX
Old
180 - 06-23-2002, 05:13
Quote:
Originally posted by Thesis

machismo really has nothing to do with it.

out of, let's say 413 suicide threads (random number) posted here on tribalwar, all 413 were false alarms.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice shame on me? i'd rather be heartless than gullible for the 413th time.
Is one persons life worth deciding that you can judge every person on someone elses past history?

Page 9 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Good Bye. The End

Social Website Bullshit