Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Brink]New FPS from Splash Damage
Page 23 of 57
Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
441 - 05-09-2011, 13:29
Apparently the textures will look better on Xbox 360 if you install the game.

PC version will obviously look much better than most of the videos that have been posted here. I'm still getting the Xbox 360 version myself.

Sponsored Links
Nonie54
VeteranXX
Old
442 - 05-09-2011, 13:30
i played 360 version a bit on saturday, the texture issues were the first thing i noticed. **** not going hi-res until a few seconds after being on screen.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
443 - 05-09-2011, 13:34
i played the ps3 version at pax east and thought the textures were horrible on that. everything seemed super low-rez - so many jaggies - wasn't sure if it was the game or the tv or a combination of both. it was so jaggy that i wasn't sure it was even running at HD resolutions.

sucks for ps3 people though, may not be able to play online until may 31st due to the psn fiasco

textures not looking hi-rez for a few seconds is a result of texture streaming

one of the reviewers from Destructroid basically said he thinks this will be one of those games that people either hate or love...no in-between

it doesn't bode well that all reviews are embargoed until tonight at midnight (release day) - never a good sign...that means the publisher thinks the game will not review well.

Last edited by Got Haggis?; 05-09-2011 at 13:37..
Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
444 - 05-09-2011, 13:36
Borderlands had the same issue on Xbox 360, installing the game on the harddrive makes the better textures to pop out faster. Not a big deal (for me).

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
445 - 05-09-2011, 13:38
And so much for the 10 year lifespan of PS3 and Xbox 360. Watch out for the next-gen console announcements at the E3.

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
446 - 05-09-2011, 15:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishStix View Post
OK... **** YOU HATERS . Take a look at 1:40 onwards. Look at the Parkour system in action.

This is going to be amazing Can't wait for this ****
The great thing about this one is how high it looks like the skill cap will be, due to the movement system. Top players will annihilate new players/teams at levels unseen in a FPS since Tribes

100GranD
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
447 - 05-09-2011, 15:11
The 360 version is suppose to have a patch on release day to fix the texture issues among a few other things.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
448 - 05-09-2011, 15:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
The great thing about this one is how high it looks like the skill cap will be, due to the movement system. Top players will annihilate new players/teams at levels unseen in a FPS since Tribes
Thats what I hope, but it remains to be seen how much of a difference it actually makes. It will have a lot to do with map design...like, if you know someone is coming 3 seconds behind you, can you turn a corner, slide through a vent, and come up behind them?--Will the maps be designed to facilitate this, or are they just going to have a few barriers you can jump over here and there?

Sounds like the devs know what they're doing though.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
449 - 05-09-2011, 15:37
i'm kinda hoping they will release mapping tools for this game man.. they didn't confirm anything related to DLC yet.. i am so hoping they are skipping that and make it more open like a ****ing FPS on the PC should be.. i'm getting a bit fed up with having to play the same 15/20 maps the whole time.. of which i probably like 10..

substance
VeteranXV
Old
450 - 05-09-2011, 15:43
I was bored so I made a weapons list

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
451 - 05-09-2011, 15:45
i wouldn't hold out hope for mapping tools

and lets face it, the only reason tribes lastest as long as it did (and to this day) is due to the mapping/modding community

edit: and i totally thought this was the T:A thread. I think splash damage said they would try to get a SDK out.

Last edited by Got Haggis?; 05-09-2011 at 16:07..
Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
452 - 05-09-2011, 15:47
i've been looking forward to this game for a while now, but the review embargo and all the copyright stuff definitely scares me

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
453 - 05-09-2011, 15:55
the review embargo could very well be only because of the 360 texture glitches/issues, which someone just mentioned will supposedly be fixed immediately

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
454 - 05-09-2011, 16:18
Pretty stupid move on SD's part for not pressing a working "non-graphical-glitching" version of the game for the xbox, especially after boasting that they had finished the game many months ago and were just working on weapon balance.

No wonder there's a review embargo.

Brink On Xbox 360 Gets Day One Patch|Just Push Start

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
455 - 05-09-2011, 16:19
Removing user videos of yet to be released games seems to be standard industry practice nowadays. Mortal Kombat 9 videos were also removed from the YouTube before the game was released, that game got pretty good reviews considering that it is a fighting game.

max
VeteranXV
Old
456 - 05-09-2011, 16:25
I might go to bed early and then play the game in the morning, rather than stay up and wait for unlock at midnight local.

Last edited by max; 05-09-2011 at 16:32..
Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
457 - 05-09-2011, 16:26
Just ordered 360 version from Amazon. Got it with release day shipping (will ship overnight) for $56 total, plus a $10 Amazon account credit. Also includes the "Psycho" pre-order set which doesn't look as cool as the Gamestop one, but meh..

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
458 - 05-09-2011, 16:38
ATI hot fix for Brink, for those of you that use ****ty ATI graphics cards.

AMD Catalyst

Spoiler

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
459 - 05-09-2011, 16:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
ATI hot fix for Brink, for those of you that use ****ty ATI graphics cards.

AMD Catalyst

Spoiler
Thanks for the heads up...

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
460 - 05-09-2011, 16:48

Page 23 of 57

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Brink]New FPS from Splash Damage

Social Website Bullshit

Tags