T2 mod for T3?

Krazy Bear said:
So when t:v came out we where hoping for something better than t2.Not a step back as which t:v is.Now we know this game was being made to suit the newbies out there.And it has done that well.But we and i think i speak for the t2 community was hoping for a something that was a little better than what it is now.

Krazy Bear i haved played T2 with you for more then a couple of years and i respect your opinion. But honestly you cannot say that you speak for the T2 community and that T:V is a step backwards.

It's kinda funny how the Tribes community in general is so completely against mods. When I picked up the full version of Tribes in '99 after playing demo, I knew what base was and I played it exclusively at the start, but there were a lot of fun mods that kept my interest as well. If it weren't for the mods, and in particular the competitive Ren community of T1, I might not still be playing Tribes today. Ren isn't exactly my cup of tea anymore, but it kept me here and that's what's important.

In most other FPS games, mods are embraced. And give people a little more credit - the dumb ones who can't tell a modification from the base game are NOT people you want in the competitive community anyway. Mods are a good thing. Lighten up a little bit and let people play the game they want to play.... if more mods = more players still playing the overall game, then that means more chance for Tribes 4, and more people that may eventually drift into the competitive scene.

If it hadn't been for T1 Ren / Shifter / Havoc etc, there would be quite a few players in many of the top teams right now that wouldn't even be here.

Duuurh..... Ist cool to h8 Tee Too!

There are some things T2 did right, and some things T2 did wrong. I look forward to a mod that will bring everything T2 did right and combine it with what Vengeance has brought to the table.

To say T2 did nothing right is ignorant band-wagon humping.

Silken said:
It's kinda funny how the Tribes community in general is so completely against mods. When I picked up the full version of Tribes in '99 after playing demo, I knew what base was and I played it exclusively at the start, but there were a lot of fun mods that kept my interest as well. If it weren't for the mods, and in particular the competitive Ren community of T1, I might not still be playing Tribes today. Ren isn't exactly my cup of tea anymore, but it kept me here and that's what's important.

In most other FPS games, mods are embraced. And give people a little more credit - the dumb ones who can't tell a modification from the base game are NOT people you want in the competitive community anyway. Mods are a good thing. Lighten up a little bit and let people play the game they want to play.... if more mods = more players still playing the overall game, then that means more chance for Tribes 4, and more people that may eventually drift into the competitive scene.

If it hadn't been for T1 Ren / Shifter / Havoc etc, there would be quite a few players in many of the top teams right now that wouldn't even be here.

more to the point, mods and custom maps are the DRIVING FORCE of online fps gaming.

to constantly whine about mods and custom maps (as many vocal people HERE do), is stupid.

and of course... qualifying that you want QUALITY custom mods and maps goes without saying... so there's no need to say it.

TV needs to tap the reality that unreal engine is the hot spot for modders and mappers right now. ideally, a lot of talent from the ut2k3/4 scene will drop that game and rush to Tribes. likewise, hopefully, that and the talent within tribes... will combine to make the total conversion scene for TV a lot stronger (tribes isnt exactly known for real total conversions).

we want TV to be friendly to modders and thus to be able to support ane evolve over time (nobody turns out good mods overnight)

Last edited:
I still may buy T:V.
I haven't yet decided to spend $50 buck on a sp game that will become old all too quickly.
As for mp.
I pray for creativity and an design that assumes intelligent players.

menes said:
I still may buy T:V.
I haven't yet decided to spend $50 buck on a sp game that will become old all too quickly.
As for mp.
I pray for creativity and an design that assumes intelligent players.

i.e. "i need to ask my mom for $50"

:)

JimBodkins said:
This is hilarious.

T1 players - who begged for T1 with better graphics - criticizing someone for wanting T2 with better graphics.

Can you spell Hypocrit? :)

I'm not certain if T:V does have any "better graphics" over T2. Subjective at best. T1 however did look pretty bad compared to either of the other two.

Some of the maps looked really amazing in T2, I liked the player models better too.

hfingers said:
Krazy Bear i haved played T2 with you for more then a couple of years and i respect your opinion. But honestly you cannot say that you speak for the T2 community and that T:V is a step backwards.

Yes he can, and I've played even longer.

As Silken said about the T1 Ren / Shifter / Havoc,
Although I personally never liked or played these mods much, I realize that alot of others do. Most who liked these mods will likely T:V and the nearly zero gavity mods that will surely come.

Leave Lister alone. Since when did wanting mods become a bad thing? At least he wasn't being annoying like the usuals and doing the "T:V sucks cuz its not T2".

SycoFreak said:
Didn't T:V JUST come out? Shouldn't people be focusing on playin' the actual game then worring about mods? There's nothin' wrong with that, but give the game some play time before messin' it up with mods...

who cares....once they buy it they can do whatever they want with it.

Big Monkey said:
I'm not certain if T:V does have any "better graphics" over T2. Subjective at best. T1 however did look pretty bad compared to either of the other two.

Some of the maps looked really amazing in T2, I liked the player models better too.

We are a minority, but I have to agree.
T:V is brighter and more colorful. Rather cartoonish.
But to me, the graphics don't look anywhere near what I would expect 5 years later.

Is the heavy f'ed up or what in comparison to T2? I think it looks like crap.
Even the heavy walking doesn't sound right.
Sounds like a tin can rather than a heavily amoured tribes member.

Graphics I can deal with.

The game play, the teams and community is really what needed revamping, and I think T:V can bring it all to the table if we have the right tools to do so.

So far the base game is lacking in some areas for server administration, scripting and mapping etc. I hope time will fix these issues.

I love to see a Shifter mod for T:V. When I got tired of playing base in T1, Shifter was the only mod that keep me having fun thoughout the years.

Krazy Bear said:
Ok for all of you all that cant seem to use your brains.T2 has been going on now for what 3 years now right?Over that time the community has droped down to a few select people left playing.Ok so over time people look for somthing different and move on.Now i am a die hard t2 fan, but yes it is all but dead.So when t:v came out we where hoping for something better than t2.Not a step back as which t:v is.Now we know this game was being made to suit the newbies out there.And it has done that well.But we and i think i speak for the t2 community was hoping for a something that was a little better than what it is now.Now by asking for a mod for t:v isnt going to hurt any one of you all that play T:V.Maybe you will even like it more that we are not in the servers pubing with you all.And when it gets posted in the forums for some one to please make a mod......We are not asking for your opion...because really we dont care to hear it.So to sum things up 1 more time.........Dont bother us and we wont bother you.And remember all we are really asking for is a game that we ALL can enjoy

It's not going to happen. T1 players want speed and the game to be based on players abilities. T2 players want automated toys that do all the work that they can label as strategic depth.

Back