Flag toss and set mine...

**Majin Buu**

Veteran XV
I have been looking through the options and checking threads to see what key is bound to flag drop and set mine. Anyone know what the default key is for those?

They actually show up as equipables.. they're key's 4 and/or 5 by default I believe

First, equip, then fire to use/deploy/throw/etc.

The key for throw game object(flag) should automatically release at full power. What is the point of throwing a flag 2 feetin front of you. The power meter works fine with the nades but the flag should have 1 power level...FULL.

JongyFong said:
The key for throw game object(flag) should automatically release at full power. What is the point of throwing a flag 2 feetin front of you. The power meter works fine with the nades but the flag should have 1 power level...FULL.
Also, flag physics are buggy in beta. You're going to throw flags a lot farther.

JodoFett said:
Sometimes you want to charge but not toss it right away. When passing for instance.

So don't have have the flag thrown until you release the button. You can hold down 'throw game object' all you want, and it won't actually be thrown until you take your finger off the key. But no matter what it should be at full power regardless of how long its charged, so I can tap it and launch the flag or hold it down for 10 minutes and launch the flag.

It's probably that way because there ARE some cases when you just don't want to chuck the flag too far in front of you. Mostly this is in situations where you are ABOVE the player you want to pass to.

For example:

- On "Cavern" when you're on low health and returning with the enemy flag, grappling your way home, only to realise that you've just been set alight by an enemy burner and won't make it. You're near your flag platform where you have a teammate defending just underneath you, so you don't want to chuck it too far or it will overshoot him/her, risking an easy return for the enemy.

- Your flag's just been taken as you're coming home for the cap, so you want to fly over your HOF/MOF and drop the flag on their head while not losing any of your momentum, because you want to swing around with your grappler without looking down and join the chase to retrieve your flag. Throwing the flag too far ahead would give the enemy a chance to return it before your HOF/MOF walks to it.

IMO it's nice to have the option of a full-force throw OR a more-or-less downwards drop, as long as it's not so buggy & a bit more predictable.

Amadeu5 said:
Look down when you throw? :shrug:

Try it and note the loss in forward direction & momentum, no matter how quickly you "flick" your view downwards to toss the flag directly down at a teammate. As the flag doesn't inherit your momentum (in Beta 05 anyway), by just tapping throw, you can drop it straight down without having to readjust your view or take your eyes off what's in front of you. Makes a difference on Emerald/Cavern when you want to continue straight through to your base for a quick re-kit. :p

Back