Hi everyone

you misunderstand me. interpolate @ 0 shows you the real target. so if you know what you're doing, your chain will hit more often. if you're like me and you don't like the choppiness, you set polate to 32(so it delays it %50 less than 64 does duh). that makes the target a little closer to the truth but without the chop.

I question isuk because he has told me "1.40 polate is different than 1.11." So that tells me he still hasn't figured it out.

also isuk i only rang for you guys, and I LO'd never cap. I was on Ok. at the time dude.

edit - you can read NoFiX's opinion on this in one of the netset threads. He question's if allowing players to use netset to adjust their settings to whatever they feel best, is really a better prediction than leaving them alone. It's all preference. of course terp @ 0 will result in better chain just because its the real target. but if you aren't used to the chop, maybe you don't want it @ 0. and maybe that will actually help your chain more.

Last edited:
1.40 polate and really every patch of lasthope is arguably different than 1.11 because you're adding more bloated code to a game that is very light weight

its the same thing that happens when you go from the community to arghs duel or a tr server and your aim is a bit screwed up

everything is more laggy because of the extra code

also stock 1.40 without netset the pft updates in increments of 32 which is weird as fuck imo

ya but servers run on 1.30, which is actually where most of the bloat comes from. if you havn't played on usbase in a while, you will see what a huge difference it is. bugs has something special going on there. players move really smoothly. its nice.

old configs had just as much bloat as 1.40. probably even more so.

right but pre 1.30 there was a huge difference honestly i saw it happen over night when a bunch of 10v10 teams dropped twl with lasthope, arena died, and lt got a lot smaller

plus a bunch of pubs

all over night because of the polate patch

its like during the 1.30 era when there were all of these comments about 16 pingers only being good because of 16 ping

but no one considered that interpolate being default at 64 stil lgave 16 pingers a bad target to aim at and ppl that pinged 64 a better more accurate one

edit - you can read NoFiX's opinion on this in one of the netset threads. He question's if allowing players to use netset to adjust their settings to whatever they feel best, is really a better prediction than leaving them alone. It's all preference. of course terp @ 0 will result in better chain just because its the real target. but if you aren't used to the chop, maybe you don't want it @ 0. and maybe that will actually help your chain more.

right but in this same thread though or a similar one you also have opsayo saying interpolate does nothing vehemently and wanting to keep it set to 64 for everyone

Ping is how fast you send and receive data. I had 64 ping during 1.30. I received data 48ms slower than you did, dare. After you receive the data is when interpolate comes into play. Because it's clientside. But tribes sends data blah blah idk exactly bugs would. Point is, 64 ping is slower than 16 and is not more accurate.

the perception of the target is more accurate not the latency thats what im saying

im not saying 16 ping isnt an advantage latency wise

im saying the clientside netsettings were set in a certain way to benefit people with 64 ping all through 1.30

and netsettings do a lot unlike what opsayo argued all through that interpolate thread

I think what opsayo was saying was, it can be a pseudo effect and people can be misled. Plus netset does allow people to over-predict with pft, which allows them to shorten their lead. The player is drawn ahead of where he actually is, so if you keep your ret on the player model and hope the real target is at the correct distance behind the drawling, your lead is easier to follow. It's a strange deal but people do it. I don't like how it feels.

anyway at least you realize that lack of interpolate and pft really screwed up the game throughout 1.30 for a lot of high ping people so there really is no argument here

i know a lot of people that quit during 1.30 just cause of how different and slower the game felt

i also think making massive changes to a game that is already 15+ years old is just throwing a dagger in the coffin (yeah it was already dead but still)

the people releasing last hope at the end had good intent but were almost doing it selfishly so that their pu would be "cheat free" but requiring an update to a game of that age really pushes a lot of the casual people out and further kills an already dead game at that point

dare is articulating my point about interpolate a lot better than i am

overall i wasn't happy w/ a lot of the last hope decisions especially when nofix was selling patches as soon as they came out and we were just again insuring only small groups of people were able to play with full advantages

at a certain point the game should be left to RIP

Last edited:
You know what, I don't want to speak for opsayo. Isuk said something that I thought was stupid and let's just leave it at that. If he doesn't want to talk about it then ok.

Player prediction and allowing people to change them is a huge subject and it's a very tricky thing. It's been debated by more than just tribes players. People can exploit it but at the same time, people should be allowed to pursue the best prediction for themselves.

The game will never be perfect unfortunately. Who cares let's just shutup.

My point wasn't stupid at all I didn't articulate it how you wanted me to say it, but dare did it for me. My second point about adding a patch to a 15 year old game is extremely valid as well.

laughing stork this is the part you don't get its kind of like fighting war on drugs

people will cheat regardless

if you release a patch... people will bypass it instantly (nofix) sell it and it will end up in the hands of a clique elite group

this causes more issues than just making these so called "cheats" public and letting it all out

it sucks but its the best solution

this also stops nerds from going on witchhunts to find "cheaters" and posting pages of arguments about it

we got very lucky with this 1.41 patch in that everyone that still plays somehow downloaded it

when lasthope came out ppl would see the link and just be like fuck this and quit

it also wasnt compatible with many mods like arena so ppl just stopped playing them

that would mean no more expealodocious players or joe daddys over night

I don't think nofix is going to release a bypass for afterhope. I don't think anyone really has a want to do it. what's the point? Nobody cares.

I think it's cool we are cheat free atm. I enjoy the occasional pub. I don't enjoy pubbing with cheaters who think I'm cheating as well. If a bypass is released and easily obtained, I'll either download it myself and act like a fag or I'll just stop playing.

Back