[e-peen]Profiles linkage.

Ratorasniki said:
I've got a warlock with a full set of nemesis and the assorted goodies that come from raiding BWL and AQ way too much. I also happen to be one of the tanks for the twin emp fight in our guild so I've got a pretty rediculous set of epic shadow resist stuff. It's about +550 damage atm give or take a few pieces of stat gear (fucking warlock items have no int). Right now he's 37/7/7 destruction.

I play with Beatstick who has a warrior with a full set of wrath, a crul & bulwark, an ashkandi and a set of some of the best damage gear AQ and BWL have to offer as well.

It's just easier to type it out than to update a profile thing. It's not like that level of gear really impresses TW people anymore, we're all fairly hardcore gamers it's not surprising we've all collected the best of the best.

I went MD/Ruin and hit WSG with a friendly shadow priest the other day and brought a few consumables though and I smoked some poor cretin for a 4200 point shadow bolt. I bet that woke him up. Beatstick regularly one-shots 60s with sword spec.We're both overpowered as hell, bring on the nax gear.

sounds like fun ;)

my lock just got 60, when i get attuned since i got some friends in the guild i'll be getting into a guild that's working on AQ. is a heavy destruction build (7/7/37 which is what i am now) good for raiding? since it's fire i assume it's nowhere near the best, SM/ruin and MD/ruin look pretty solid for raiding, but conflag is just way too much fun to give up for PvP, even though i'm in some greens and worthless blues, doing no damage at all conflag is still the shit ;)

which spec do you think i should take right now? i go oom in PvP and PvE pretty quick, regardless if i shadowbolt or try immo/conflag. SL seems like a fun PvP build, but without ruin or anything, since i'm in shitty gear it seems like doing even LESS damage would be even less fun. it's so frustrating trying to pick a spec, not sure what i want to do :(

so help me decide which spec i should take right now with no gear, and which i should take when i start gettin some gear ;)

<3

having ony attuned 4 worthless tunes now, alliance is so much easier. All u need to do is clear BRD once. At 60 you can solo to the windsor guy and depending the class u can solo to get ure note. I wanted to gouge my eyes out as horde.

I never liked the affliction tree past 7 points, so I always rule out SM/ruin to spite its popularity. I don't feel like tree its particularly useful for damage output which is your main role in a raid. Demonology is sort of a one-trick pony when it comes to damage, and it relies on something that ultimately is going to get fixed and having a pet paladin/priest you can pester to res your succubus.

While it's theoretically possible to sustain a higher overall damage with MD/Ruin, the fact that it relies upon other players, pet management (moving it around manually and parking it so it stays out of range of AE attacks, and then not forgetting it and moving it up again when you clear rooms) and pet healing always were sore points with me. The loss of improved lifetap in a raiding environment is a huge one, as you can really only go balls out for about 45 seconds before needing to regen mana. Having to do it 3 or 4 extra times in a given cycle costs you precious seconds of no damage output which will result in less even damage output overall and can cause threat issues. Additionally the removal of instant corruption makes the spell not worth casting in most situations which will lower your overall dps. Lastly but most importantly, in the new high end game the tank and spank boss of yesteryear is long gone. AQ and Nax fights require multiple well geared max-stam tanks, and that means your imp is more in demand than ever for blood pact, which a MD/Ruin build doesn't allow for without severely gimping your damage.

Having a 37/7/7 build to me is a nice balanced raiding and pvp build, because it offers virtually the highest sustained damage of all the builds I've tried over long periods of time, and additionally has by far the highest burst damage which helps immensely in trash clearing and fights like C'Thun with a lot of low-health adds. Improved Searing Pain is invaluable, and Intensity is one of the great overlooked talents of the destruction spec. It also lets you pick up demonic embrace and either improved health stones (which tanks love) or the improved imp 2/3 (which tanks also love). It isn't technically an elite raiding build but ultimately I far and away lead the damage meters of te casters in my guild so I'm not terribly worried about it - just keep all your dots up at all times and you'll do fine, almost 50% of this builds damage comes from steady damage over time spells.

Destruction is obviously the best way to go for PVP unless you're going to be a soul link bitch and try to win by outlasting everybody. I'm more of a 'the best defense is a good offense' kind of guy myself.

Back