AQ 40 man... where are you?

PessimiStick said:
Will probably get NR cockblockowned on Princess tomorrow.

yeah, we are pretty much in this category. would be nice to know what that stratholme reference was in regards to.

I'm on Arthas, with Retribution. We downed Emps again for the 2nd time last night.. got them last week. Our server gates just opened last week too.

I love the Emp fight. It's very dynamic and has very little room for error.

We took a look at Ouro, he rocks. C'Thun is also going to be a crazy fight... can't wait.

Overall I'm kinda surprised how "easy" AQ40 is.

Granted, no guild still learning MC is gonna walk in there and pwn face, but any legit hardcore guild can progress very quickly.

We wiped 3 times on Skeram, twice on the 3 bugs, probably 8 or 9 times on Sartura (that fight is crazy!) and twice on Fankriss.

Some people wanted to try the slime last night. I'm glad I talked them out of that. =D

TF_Grungir said:
Yup... the whole guild was spending some more time in there.
Stratholme? wtf. Maybe repping up to get the +5 resist for shoulders.

stratholme features 20 NR plate shoulders and a 15 NR shield.

JohnWayne said:
Yea Pess, that encounter sucks gold away from you.

:_|
Yeah, I like my guild, we are easily the best Horde guild on our server.

However, when Aeternus, DnT, 12P, and everyone else can't beat a boss, I'm not about to think we can.

From what we have seen... it's a very very nature gear dependant fight. Same with Ouro.... problem is quality nature gear with stats isn't exactly "cake" to get.

I mean we have been killing green dragons for months... weekly. We all have the ring and staff.. which is nice. We all have hit up Mauradon for more NR... but then you sacrafice stats.... some bosses in AQ have dropped nice NR gear stuff.

Just not enough in the game to do those bosses at this exact moment in time... but we shall see. Gimmicks ftw.

:-|

welp...

Kael'Thas is still waiting on the gates to be opened.
also, I'd like to see some screenshots if possible of this event, occurring, and afterwards.. can anyone do that for me?

Here are some SS's of the AQ event

The main Horde guild and Alliance guild on my server both had the scepter and decided to fight over the rights to open the gate
aq14zk.jpg

I wasn't able to get any shots of the original fight, but both guilds were lined up facing eachother and all flagged. When it started, about 10 Alliance were dead before anyone could react--Horde wiped the floor with them (as it should be... fucking friends had to play Alliance)

Later on while we were all waiting for the opening swing someone made a fire and a bunch of druids sat in bearform around in a circle. A little while afterwards someone used the dancing trinket and we had a party (no pics of that part though)
aq28iv.jpg

The guild lined up to take a picture and almost immediately a ton of other people joined in... later on the line went from one end of the wall to the other
aq36ye.jpg

Here's one of the Colossals at one of the Hives (Ashi). All regular mobs disappear for the event and the resonating crystals that pop up spawn a bunch of other stuff
aq41ao.jpg

The colossals were probably the most fun to fight... ever. Their punt sends you flying ridiculously far and you can hear it from across the "zone".
And yes, I was a BM spec at this point I just hadn't respecced to 21/30 as this toon dinged 60 a day before the event.

PS yes it's a carebear server but that's where my friends play :shrug:

The amount of people at the gate was insane. At one point there were about 300 Horde (majority of which were flagged) standing up at the top near the gong. An Alliance priest ran into the middle, flagged and feared :lol: Overall, aside from the lag, it was a blast.

Back