The Dreadmist debate....

Draynar said:
those bonuses suck ass.

let's review...

Draynar said:
3 pieces: +4 Fire Resistance.
3 pieces: +4 Shadow Resistance.
5 pieces: Increases damage done to Demons by magical spells and effects by up to 10.
6 pieces: Increases damage done by Shadow spells and effects by up to 15.
7 pieces: Restores 2 health every 5 sec.
8 pieces: Increases the Attack Power of your pet by +40.

you repeat over and over and over again that these bonuses "suck ass" even for warlocks.

now, i think ALL warlocks would strongly disagree with you... and frankly, it's THEIR FUCKIN SET which is what you seem almost irrationally wanting to deny. i can understand arguing that other classes can use this gear, fine, but...

you CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS... arguing that "it sucks" but yet other classes have a right to it cuz it's great gear (i hope you see the contradiction).

show me better set with better bonuses for warlocks and ill be impressed (btw, my warlock doesnt wear this stuff and instead wears whatever gives the best +stam for any slot so understand where im coming from on this... although this might change when BGs come).

as a set, FOR WARLOCKS, these bonuses most definately do not "suck ass," unless you truly think +40 attack on a doomguard is "suck ass"...

Last edited:
Dreadmist is the only set where I think multiple classes have a right to roll. It's got better stats than the mage set by far, and frankly is a bonus to both classes.

What I really hate is when Paladins decide they want to roll on Valor.

Forensic said:
+40 attack on a doomguard is suck ass compared to an extra 200 hitpoints on a mage or priest.

i think i found a new hobby, letting everyone know how much of a noob zentsetse is

hah. he's obviously not one of the smartest players ever heh. cant even seperate me saying the stats are great against me saying the set bonuses suck.

I just love the argument that states this is a "warlock" set because of the 8-piece bonus. Up to 4-5 pieces, any cloth wearer can enjoy the bonuses. Up to 7, a Shadow-spec priest can enjoy all the bonuses.

Besides, who's going for the full set? If you're serious about PvP and are seeking to maximize your Int/Stam potential, a full Dreadmist is a downgrade in some slots (notably belt, gloves, head piece, pants) when compared with rare blues like Magiskul, Dustfeather, Green Lens (Stam or Eagle), Skullsmoke, etc. Even some greens like Arcane Gloves have better stats. That's of course making abstraction of high-end MC drops and other epics.

So why even argue about a full set bonus and its "warlock-based" property when there's really no reason to even reach 8 pieces?

Voidsinger said:
I just love the argument that states this is a "warlock" set because of the 8-piece bonus. Up to 4-5 pieces, any cloth wearer can enjoy the bonuses. Up to 7, a Shadow-spec priest can enjoy all the bonuses.

Besides, who's going for the full set? If you're serious about PvP and are seeking to maximize your Int/Stam potential, a full Dreadmist is a downgrade in some slots (notably belt, gloves, head piece, pants) when compared with rare blues like Magiskul, Dustfeather, Green Lens (Stam or Eagle), Skullsmoke, etc. Even some greens like Arcane Gloves have better stats. That's of course making abstraction of high-end MC drops and other epics.

So why even argue about a full set bonus and its "warlock-based" property when there's really no reason to even reach 8 pieces?

shhh bringing logic to this debate will get you lynched!

There appear to be 2 ways raid groups determine who gets to roll on what:

A) Only set "classes" may roll (So only Warlock for Dreadmist, Mages for Magisters, Priests for Devout)

B) Anyone who will use the equipment ("need/upgrade") can roll (So Warlocks, Mages, Priests should in theory be able to roll on any Dreadmist, Magisters, Devout)

Either A or B sounds just fine with me. The problem I have is the inconsistency across groups. Warlocks are not allowed to roll on Devout or Magisters because "it sucks, they dont want it anyway", though in fact some pieces are decent if you do not have Dreadmist yet. However, because of the above inconsistency, Mages/Priests have a monopoly on getting "2nd tier" upgrades until they can get Dreadmist, while Warlocks have to just hold out for Dreadmist.

As a Mage/Priest, it seems flawed to use policy A) to lock out Warlocks from rolling on Devout/Magisters, and then use policy B) to allow yourself to roll on Dreadmist.

If some pieces of Dreadmist are indeed the best piece for ANY of the 3 classes, then the corresponding pieces of Magisters/Devout should be open lot to any cloth caster who improves by wearing it, since they "suck" compared to the Dreadmist and are only a temporary upgrade.

Disclaimer: This is not about whether or not I'm a "newbie" (I'm sure I am compared to many of you), nor is it about "LOL YOU WANT TO WEAR A +30 INT HAT WITH NO STA AS A WARLOCK?!?!". because I don't. I just do not like the inconsistency across raid groups where I have to compete with all casters for Dreadmist, and yet do not have even the option to roll on Magisters/Devout.

Also, I am a (recently) level 60 Warlock, and thus am very biased. I realize this. However, I have been very lucky with the Dreadmist drops so far, so think of this not so much as a frustrated whining, but more of a pre-emptive foreshadowing to when I later post "I'm crying a river because I lost Dreadmist to a Priest". (I'm kidding)

This shouldn't be a debate. Any mage who hasnt been working to get his/her magisters gear is fkin idiot. They have been saying for a while now that they are going to be changing the gear to sta/int and now it's official in the patch notes.

Any priest who thinks the devout gear isnt go for them is an idiot as well. The gear combinded with good jewelry makes the class very fkin good and damn near unbeatable.

ZacH said:
This shouldn't be a debate. Any mage who hasnt been working to get his/her magisters gear is fkin idiot. T

and locks with dreadmist are gonna roll on it... just to disenchant... cuz that's as important.

ZenTseTse said:
and locks with dreadmist are gonna roll on it... just to disenchant... cuz that's as important.

If you group with people who don't go by Class > Need > Greed... then that is your own fault.

ZacH said:
Any priest who thinks the devout gear isnt go for them is an idiot as well. The gear combinded with good jewelry makes the class very fkin good and damn near unbeatable.
devout is great for PvE healer priests... but all that spirit just doesn't mean much in PvP. Dreadmist is easily better for pvp.

Back