Official Christianity Thread

"he" never existed

"he's" just some thought that a lot of people believe
if everyone believes it, it must be true! right?

DUMPY DOOBY said:
You already know exactly what I'm going to post. I would cite the writings of Josephus and Tacitus. I would cite the authorships of extrabiblical religious doctrines. Yes, we're both privy to the evidence.

No fun, but good point. The 'debate' we're lining up for has been had over and over and I doubt either one of us has anything fresh to add to it. In the end it's a battle of google skills and memory :(

"he" never existed

"he's" just some thought that a lot of people believe
if everyone believes it, it must be true! right?

Bingo. There is no scientific or credible historical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ at the supposed time of his existence. Everything written came decades after the supposed death. It is a case of trying to give myths factual basis in history. He was no more real then Zeus or Hercules.

Bingo. There is no scientific or credible historical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ at the supposed time of his existence. Everything written came decades after the supposed death. It is a case of trying to give myths factual basis in history. He was no more real then Zeus or Hercules.
So no one recorded anything for a few decades because they really weren't quite sure of this Man's true identity. It's not everyday that the son of God comes down to submit to death for the sake of humanity.

1) I doubt that anyone would sacrifice truth to comfort and blatantly make up such a story that is offered in the gospels. Not to mention multiple different authors across multiple time periods.

2) If they did make it up, they would not have used a woman to discover the empty tomb. Women were not credible sources and it only detracts from the probability of truth.

3) Why did Jesus' own brothers disbelieve in His identity? If they were making it up, surely they wouldn't include that.

The list goes on and on. Non-biblical writings admit Jesus identity as a person who walked this earth, though they reject His claim to be God. When you allow for the possibility that Christianity is true, a great many other things began to fit so well together about not only our own nature, but nature itself.

So no one recorded anything for a few decades because they really weren't quite sure of this Man's true identity. It's not everyday that the son of God comes down to submit to death for the sake of humanity.

1) I doubt that anyone would sacrifice truth to comfort and blatantly make up such a story that is offered in the gospels. Not to mention multiple different authors across multiple time periods.

2) If they did make it up, they would not have used a woman to discover the empty tomb. Women were not credible sources and it only detracts from the probability of truth.

3) Why did Jesus' own brothers disbelieve in His identity? If they were making it up, surely they wouldn't include that.

The list goes on and on. Non-biblical writings admit Jesus identity as a person who walked this earth, though they reject His claim to be God. When you allow for the possibility that Christianity is true, a great many other things began to fit so well together about not only our own nature, but nature itself.

Again, I point you to every other Mythological Deity. It's about politics and power, nothing more. I also involke Godwins Law.

Hi all! I am back to answer any questions for a few hours if anyone is interested or have any questions on how to get closer to the Lord.

"Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ."

This quote is quite true, all Christians fall short of becoming someone like Christ. Christians are like everyone else as in they still live in sin and have lapses in faith. Christians who judge and tend to fall along more elitists lines due to their faith are some of the worst in my opinion as they tend to turn many would be followers away. Its really quite sad.

I wrote this email to someone from TW who expressed interest in talking about the Lord. And the Holy Spirit must have been with me when I wrote it because I think it is a good answer to the question of, why does God test us? Why would he put us in a situation where we must find him, knowing that some will fail and never find him? He must be sadistic right?

Think of it in terms of an analogy of parents and their children.

will assume you have children as well thus this might be a good analogy. When your child is first borne you love them and look at them with wonder and awe. You think, wow what a truly beautiful creation, you feel joy at the love they give back, feel sad when they are sick or cry etc. But as they grow older and more prone to do what they want to do in life you have to sit back and watch them grow and pray the make the right decisions. Some parents are given excellent children who make all the right decisions and make you proud. Some parents have children who are average and make some bad choices and some good. The parents of course still love them.

Then you have parents who have children who make very bad choices. Some of these children become criminals, drug dealers, and the like. Though the parents of these children still love them, they understand that at that point in their childs life they are no longer children. They are men capable of making their own decisions. A responsible parent will try their hardest to help them make the right decisions and correct their wrongs. They will send them to rehab if they do drugs, wait for their child when they get out of jail and hope that these things will eventually get through to them so they change their ways. Some unfortantely never come back. But some, some see the error in their ways and eventually become productive citizens. And what joy these parents have when they do.

Have you seen the joy and the tears of happiness when their child renounces their prior dark lives? I have, and I saw it within my parents from my own eyes. So the test people speak of isnt really a test such as the LSAT or SAT. God is like our parents, he does the responsible thing and help sout as much as he can, but he realizes that his children will make their own choices and are responsible for their own fate.

Sipher, seriously. Just think about it for a minute, and you'll realize that your whole magical sky-fairy theory is preposterous.

Sipher, seriously. Just think about it for a minute, and you'll realize that your whole magical sky-fairy theory is preposterous.

Explain what you mean. I think I have made it evident that I believe in God. If I merely "think about it" why would I all of a sudden change my mind?

Tell me what you are thinking.

Again, I point you to every other Mythological Deity. It's about politics and power, nothing more. I also involke Godwins Law.
no one, including all mythological deities have ever claimed to be God except Jesus Christ. I do not doubt that religion, particularly Christianity, was exploited by humans for power, money, etc. But you must look at the center of it all, and that is Christ. I don't expect humans to be perfect, but it doesn't make Christianity any less true.

Explain what you mean. I think I have made it evident that I believe in God. If I merely "think about it" why would I all of a sudden change my mind?

Tell me what you are thinking.

I don't even know where to start!, I mean you're trying to tell us that some ultra-violent magical dude just poofed into being, built a universe, had a bloodthirsty son who died to became a zombie, and you worship this magical dude, and accept his zombie son as your savior.

It's just, y'know ...fucked.

Back