dear lockntross, juggernaught, critter, and onnotangu

hug-poop-2.gif

Yobol said:
:lol: 1985 article. Yeah, nothing's changed in AIDS reserach since 1985...

Appl Environ Microbiol 1993 May;59(5):1437-43
Survival of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), HIV-infected lymphocytes, and poliovirus in water.

Moore BE.

Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555-1019.

"In addition, blood from stage IV AIDS patients was introduced into tap water, and the recovery of HIV was monitored by using both an infectivity assay and polymerase chain reaction amplification of viral sequences. Virally infected cells were no longer detectable after 5 min in dechlorinated tap water, while little diminution in amplifiable sequences was observed over 2 h."

Mind you, this was in dechlorinated water, that was left stagnant at room temperature.

Owned again.

JuggerNaught said:
maybe means its 'possible' which is what I said...it was possible

let me refresh your memory...you said 'impossible'

ill help you and n-man (so i dont mispell it again) the same way.

pay attention. i can send this to you later in a .txt file if you need it.

hop into the way back machine with jughead and the gang....go back a couple pages, read your comments,
then read this one more time

slow...cause you know invar has to stand on a chair to see his monitor...dont make him fall.

now you guys sit here for a minute and compare notes on the above post...im going to go take a piss...i'll give you time to mull that over....tell me what ya come up with when i get back

Actually, I didn't say it was impossible. What I said was that you can not infect a city's water supply. Keep trying though.

In a 1985 study, a single study no less, maybe does not mean possibly. Maybe means they need further studies. This is a medical study, not a 3rd grade essay. When they say that they need more conclusive evidence, and that they suggest further testing and you conclude that it means it is possible, that is called grasping at straws.

Just gotta add the :fu: for the uber gay redneck marine wannabe Juggernaught.

I love the way you took the time to differentiate saline from water when talking blood and IV's etc. Perhaps there is a reason why people take the time to make saline for IV's instead of filling the bag up with water.

Why is that I wonder ?

As for the rest of your AIDS/Water arguement, you have honestly been completely and utterly owned, and the only thing stopping you from shying away from this forum is your rednecked self pride which completely dominates any and all forms of reasoning and intelect that may have once existed in your small brain.

Seriously, give up juggernaught, the least you could do is not post for a week or month or ever so people may eventually forget your complete and utter stupidity.

Sojourn said:
Actually, I didn't say it was impossible. What I said was that you can not infect a city's water supply. Keep trying though.

BTW - You can't get AIDs from drinking water.

Wait...one question...one question only. its a yes or no question, no other words in your post except the answer to that question and that question alone..

Is it possible to contract HIV through tainted water?

before you answer that though....lets look into the wayback machine for a sec.

here's invar
In other words, you can't get infected with HIV from water

here's ao...always useful for a post
Unlike you two, who have yet to find a single article from any respected medical publicationt hat specifically states that aids can survive for any period of time in water

a favorite of iggle
no scientific evidence supports these ways to transmit HIV

and you'll notice aestis is conspicuous by his absence...your boy hauled ass.

and here's the info:

this site was updated as of october 30, 2002

Data gathered from focused interviews with intravenous drug users in Denver suggests that drug users may inadvertently transmit the virus by sharing water

Even small amounts of blood on cookers, filters, tourniquets, or in rinse water can be enough to infect another user

Virological studies have demonstrated that HIV can survive in tap water for an extended interval. (1) In tap water at room temperature, the virus can survive for over one week

Am I at risk of getting HIV if I inject drugs?

Yes. At the start of every injection, blood gets into the needle or syringe. This blood can then be injected directly into the body of someone sharing another person's needle or syringe. Since HIV can be found in the blood of a person infected with the virus, the sharing of a blood-contaminated needle or syringe carries a high risk of HIV transmission. Sharing a needle or syringe for any use, including skin-popping and injecting steroids, can put one at risk for HIV and other blood-borne infections.

In addition, sharing drug equipment (or "works") can be a risk for spreading HIV. Infected blood can be introduced into drug solutions by:

using blood-contaminated syringes to prepare drugs;
reusing water

been fun...time for bed.
g'nite

i lied, i'm not asleep.

JuggerNaught said:
Wait...one question...one question only. its a yes or no question, no other words in your post except the answer to that question and that question alone..
well, since you still want to play:

but i'll lay you a small fortune that if i (or your local terrorist) has someone that is in the midst of full blown aids, cut their throat, and pitch the body in the water supply, anyone who drinks it within the next 6-20 hours (not being generous with the time at all)....anyone who has a bad tooth, cut lip, small cut gum, canker (sp) sore, cold sore, is probably fucked.
i'll even answer for you.

yes, you said that. yes, you meant it. no, it's not possible from the case that YOU yourself specified. thus you are wrong.

furthermore, drinking water in the GREAT majority of the country is chlorinated, thus further annihilating your argument.

Data gathered from focused interviews with intravenous drug users in Denver suggests that drug users may inadvertently transmit the virus by sharing water
so they asked a bunch of drugees how they got aids, and based on that, they think it can be communicable from very slightly tainted water? or was this after they had turned the water pink and thus salinated? please, find a study in a controlled environment that supports your evidence.

Even small amounts of blood on cookers, filters, tourniquets, or in rinse water can be enough to infect another user
that's a drug usage and safety site. of course they'll tell you to be absolutely and completely extra safe and careful and all that. there isn't a shred of scientific evidence to support that statement though

Virological studies have demonstrated that HIV can survive in tap water for an extended interval. (1) In tap water at room temperature, the virus can survive for over one week
ah yes, the Barre-Sinoussi study from 1985 again. it's been almost 18 YEARS since that was completed. furthermore, that study was conducted on LAV, whose relationship to HIV and AIDS itself is still questionable at this point.

Am I at risk of getting HIV if I inject drugs?

Yes. At the start of every injection, blood gets into the needle or syringe. This blood can then be injected directly into the body of someone sharing another person's needle or syringe. Since HIV can be found in the blood of a person infected with the virus, the sharing of a blood-contaminated needle or syringe carries a high risk of HIV transmission. Sharing a needle or syringe for any use, including skin-popping and injecting steroids, can put one at risk for HIV and other blood-borne infections.

In addition, sharing drug equipment (or "works") can be a risk for spreading HIV. Infected blood can be introduced into drug solutions by:

using blood-contaminated syringes to prepare drugs;
reusing water
and strangely enough, if i accept that site as a credible source with scientific backing, i can use it against you as well because lookie here, right on their site

Any virus that did get into a swimming pool would be greatly diluted, making it non-infectious. Most swimming pools and hot tubs also contain chemicals, such as chlorine, that kill HIV.
a SWIMMING POOL would dilute it. now think about how much more water is in a water supply.

do you see how i address each and every single one of your so called points and arguments and take it apart? now please find something other than trying to nitpick on semantics of what i said

In other words, you can't get infected with HIV from water

because that still holds true. any semblance of water can not contain the HIV virus. if you want to taint the water till it turns pink and becomes a saline solution, and then still attempt to still call it water in order to try and win your argument, so be it, but you have still lost, because ONCE AGAIN

but i'll lay you a small fortune that if i (or your local terrorist) has someone that is in the midst of full blown aids, cut their throat, and pitch the body in the water supply, anyone who drinks it within the next 6-20 hours (not being generous with the time at all)....anyone who has a bad tooth, cut lip, small cut gum, canker (sp) sore, cold sore, is probably fucked.
^-- that wouldn't taint it pink even.

now, for the last time, good night.

Back