we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Imposter said:
While I disagree that something needs to be used all the time for TW to be a valid TW expense, consider that Col is more than likely using the laptop to run TW, which consumes a large amount of his time. It may not benefit the end users directly, but Col does a crap load of work for the site, so a good amount of the time it is being used for TW.

You are right.

If that snazy laptop gives Col a boner, then I say it's a small price to pay for all the work he's done for TW over the last 5 years.

Also, Col is evil, so this should be no suprise.

cLownbOat!!1 said:
Archivist.jpg

Jesus you're all worked up over some petty shit.

Wait till you find out that we actually had about 5,000$ left over and we're all going to get to UVA6 on the leftover money. All of WOFN, paid by you. Part of the expenses will also cover the time that Bounty needs to recover from economic shock and all of my moving expenses to Virginia including an "unemployment credit" that I get whether or not I find a job in the first two months of living there.

You don't even know the whole story. Colosus took Pixie to Hawaii as well for a vacation and all expenses were on TW's dime. They even paid for bi-sexual twin sisters to perform sexual deeds.

Last but not least, we've taken the little money that was left over and are going to re-invest it into TW by hiring a company that will incorporate advertisements into this page. For instance, there will be some ads on the sides and if your sig doesn't conform to standards- sig bot will automatically turn it into an advertisement from one of our sponsors. One company has already approached us and it seems to be a very lucrative deal- we could net at least 10K a year if we play our cards right.

puncho said:
Basically what I'm thinking..and Soj, even if he uses it for like 5 conf, he'll still be using it most of the time. I wouldn't care if there was a separate donation towards this "upgrade". Money donated for upgrades should be for just that. The laptop is not a TW upgrade as it's not something TW can use all the time (e.g. the servers).

I don't agree with that at all. First off, he paid for half of it with his own money. Why shouldn't he get some benefit from it? Secondly, suppose there are many more conferences. It's simply more cost-effective for him to simply buy a unit that can handle it, and not rent over and over again.

What if it came down to "Okay.. we can buy a mobile unit, or TW can go without future press conferences." would that make a difference to you? Colosus doesn't want this to just be a forum anymore. That means more work needs to be done. That means a mobile unit will likely get more use than you think.

Yellow dot quick reply.

However you guys choose to see it, Matthew DeWald is still the name on the domain registration (or was, last I checked). It may be our community, but it's his site. I don't think Tribalwar ever claimed to be a non-profit organization... In fact, it's an LLC.

It's funny watching some of the posters in this thread trying to overthrow Colosus.

Here is the way I see it...

No matter which way you spin it, he used the funds that were donated for TW operations....period.

(1) So he bought a laptop...was it used at the San Fran conference? Yes. Was the San Fran conference scheduled to be a TW casted event? Yes. The laptop was used for TW operations...cased closed.

(2) Lets say that Colosus used money from the fund to pay for PixieDee to go to San Fran. Is PixieDee apart of the WOFN crew? Yes. Was she scheduled to interview some of the T:V developers? Yes. Is WOFN apart of the "TribalWar network"? Yes. He paid for Pixie's ticket because she is apart of the TW's operations.....even if that is not the only reason.

Bottom line.....we all have used company resources for personal use at one time or another. It happens. I know I have taken home a company laptop to do some personal stuff, and the company didn't mind. It wasn't a big deal. I asked and they said yes. Well Colosus is the big boss. If he wants to use a laptop for personal use....who is going to yell at him? Himself? And come on, don't tell me that if you had the choice of picking someone to work with that was actually work related, but you also had a little crush on them, that you wouldn't friggin do it. Please. With all the "I had a threesome last night" and "my girlfriend gives mean head" threads that go on here, don't even act like you wouldn't jump at the chance to spend time with a girl you had a crush on. So jump off of Colosus's nuts b/c you know what? He did what anyone else in his position would have done....and the truth about it is that it wasn't even wrong. And while you guys are smashing him over this mudane crap, he still didn't get any....let the guy have a laptop for pete's sake :D

El Mariachi said:
You don't even know the whole story. Colosus took Pixie to Hawaii as well for a vacation and all expenses were on TW's dime. They even paid for bi-sexual twin sisters to perform sexual deeds.

now if pics of this surface..then all is forgiven

Sojourn said:
If the laptop is going to be used to broadcast future press events, I would think it a good investment. Colosus obviously wants to get TW more involved in Tribes, and not be just a forum where a bunch of people go to talk trash. What if he had said that any left-over money would go towards future TW investments? Would that have been sufficient?

I'm being serious, btw. Not trying to be a smartass at all. I'd just sincerely like to know if you want to know where every dime goes, or if you just want to know that it's for TW?

I agree with you in that respect, but when people donate 4k for the purpose of buying a server upgrade of 4k then it should be used for that. I don't think anyone would have a problem with him spending the extra money on a laptop to run TW and to take to press events as long as they knew about it.

Kinda borders on deceitful imo...tell everyone you need 4k when in fact you only spend 3k then blow the leftover cash how ever you want. Its the principle involved, people donate when they know TW NEEDS it, not to be used as a recreation fund.

Back