Going Vegan

Agree with previous posts about being Vegan. It's too extreme, no cheese, meat, no honey. Yet eating a bunch of Oreo cookies and a bag of chips is OK.

Nutritarian - Seeks out fruits and veggies. Basically like being Vegetarian. Except both Vegan and Vegetarian are telling what you can't eat. Where as Nutritarian is telling you what you should eat.

In other words, make the salad your big meal of the day. Fruits, veggies, smoothies. Oat milk is good, I've been talking about it.

I'll eat pizza with cheese from a cow, but I don't eat meat. I'll also eat regular ice cream. You want nutrient dense foods, this chart here.
http://www.quatraine3.com/tw2014/WholeFoods050412002.JPG
Buy yourself a juicer and make Mean Green Juice. I'd have to find all the threads I've posted in, or you search for MGJ and the word juicer and Nutritarian.

Last edited:
I'll eat pizza with cheese from a cow, but I don't eat meat. I'll also eat regular ice cream. You want nutrient dense foods, this chart here.
http://www.quatraine3.com/tw2014/WholeFoods050412002.JPG
Buy yourself a juicer and make Mean Green Juice. I'd have to find all the threads I've posted in, or you search for MGJ and the word juicer and Nutritarian.

That is all bad info and a terrible way to eat. You cannot get fat soluble vitamins except from animal products. Also, almost all vegetables have anti-nutrients in them.

Last edited:
If you are super fit and want to take it to the next level see a sports nutritionist / dietitian.

One of the healthiest vegan dishes is semen. Doesn't matter from what. Just find something with semen and chug that shit.

Missus was vegan for close to 4 years.
I did vegan diet on and off during that period longest maybe 3 months.
It's not hard if you know how to cook good vegan food (the missus does).
In the end I didn't see any reason to become a full vegan and once we started getting some game meat and wild fresh fish the missus stopped veganism.

With diets I feel like quality is more important than what it is you're eating. Grass-fed burger > vegan soy burger. Antibiotics fed indoors living cow minced meat < pulled oat etc.

if you go vegan do supplement B12. (also did D-vitamins as it's fucking dark most of the year here).

I am already pretty healthy, I workout 6 days a week, referee soccer, and eat pretty healthy. I am wanting to make the change to take my endurance and fitness to the next level.

Oh it'll go to the next level all right.
Down the fucking shitter.

My full physical results have come back with everything in the correct ranges. I have to take vitamins D3, B12, and Iron.

The USA diet is whacked because it features processed animal products (salt, fat, sugar). Think of it this way, if money was no object and we lived in a Star Trek world, would you really eat all that crap? No. Your body knows what is good for it. You would walk into Whole Foods, eat a salad, drink a smoothie. You wouldn't be eating a burger with fries from a fast food place. Same with cow milk, people think it's good because of calcium. Plant based drinks are taking over and the dairy industry isn't happy about it.

Last edited:
most people i know who went vegan said it was soo difficult to maintain all the shit your body needs and it was soo expensive that they just caved and started eating meat.

I've done it for 2,5 years (don't like the bio industry) but i recently stopped because i believe i definitely didn't get enough of all the vitamins etc that a person needs. Still don't eat meat and hardly any dairy products tho. But i started eating eggs here and there and sometimes some cheese for instance.

The change wasn't really hard, because i was pretty motived and i'm kind of lucky to be living close to a supermarket which has a lot of vegan products. It's become very popular in the Netherlands. So i just kind of rolled into a routine of replacing everything that i normally ate for a vegan product. That worked pretty well, but i've been really sick for the last two years (mostly due to a burn out) and i've been getting so fed up with not getting better that i decided to have some more variety in what i'm eating as well to see if that makes a change. :)

All in all you could go for it for sure, but i would say that just being moderate in whatever you eat while focussing more on healthy superfoods isn't a bad option either.

84% of Vegetarians and Vegans Return to Meat. Why? | Psychology Today
Here are their problems as to why they usually quit:

Vegans are deficit in b12:

Neuropsychiatric Disturbances in Presumed Late-Onset Cobalamin C Disease | Neurology | JAMA Neurology | JAMA Network
German vegan study: diet, life-style factors, and cardiovascular risk profile. - PubMed - NCBI

High fiber diets reduce serum half life of vitamin D3:

Reduced plasma half-life of radio-labelled 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in subjects receiving a high-fibre diet. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:

Low Bone Mass in Subjects on a Long-term Raw Vegetarian Diet | Geriatrics | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network
The influence of vegan diet on bone mineral density and biochemical bone turnover markers. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

The influence of creatine supplementation on the cognitive functioning of vegetarians and omnivores. - PubMed - NCBI
Oral creatine monohydrate supplementation improves brain performance: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:

The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

Long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in plasma in British meat-eating, vegetarian, and vegan men. - PubMed - NCBI
Conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to longer-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in human adults. - PubMed - NCBI
Conversion of alpha-linolenic acid to eicosapentaenoic, docosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids in young women. - PubMed - NCBI
Eicosapentaenoic and docosapentaenoic acids are the principal products of alpha-linolenic acid metabolism in young men*. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

Vegetarians have a reduced skeletal muscle carnitine transport capacity. - PubMed - NCBI
Carnitine status of lactoovovegetarians and strict vegetarian adults and children. - PubMed - NCBI
Systemic carnitine deficiency exacerbated by a strict vegetarian diet.
Correlation of carnitine levels to methionine and lysine intake. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans are deficient in taurine:

Plasma and urine taurine levels in vegans. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

Iodine deficiency in vegetarians and vegans. - PubMed - NCBI
Iodine status and thyroid function of Boston-area vegetarians and vegans. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

Effect on absorption and oxidative stress of different oral Coenzyme Q10 dosages and intake strategy in healthy men. - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:

Iron Health Professional Fact Sheet

Dietary reference intakes: vitamin A, vitamin K, arsenic, boron, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silicon, vanadium, ... - PubMed - NCBI

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:

Two common single nucleotide polymorphisms in the gene encoding beta-carotene 15,15'-monoxygenase alter beta-carotene metabolism in female volunteers. - PubMed - NCBI
The Journal of Nutrition | Oxford Academic

Vegans have a lower sperm count than non vegans:

Some observations on human semen analysis. - PubMed - NCBI
The Role of Soy in Vegetarian Diets

Vegans have lower testosterone than non vegans:

Serum sex hormones and endurance performance after a lacto-ovo vegetarian and a mixed diet. - PubMed - NCBI
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic
Effect of a vegetarian diet and dexamethasone on plasma prolactin, testosterone and dehydroepiandrosterone in men and women. - PubMed - NCBI
http://m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

Veganism causes loss of libido and erectile dysfunction:

Hypogonadism and erectile dysfunction associated with soy product consumption. - PubMed - NCBI

Children who are raised on strict vegan diets do not grow normally:

Food consumption and height/weight status of Dutch preschool children on alternative diets. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of macrobiotic diets on linear growth in infants and children until 10 years of age. - PubMed - NCBI

Children develop rickets after prolonged periods of strict vegetarian diets:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf

"There are some links between vegetarians and lower birthweight and earlier labour"

Good nutrition for the vegetarian mother. - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children:

Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children

"Particular attention should be paid to adequate protein intake and sources of essential fatty acids, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins B12 and D. Supplementation may be required in cases of strict vegetarian diets with no intake of any animal products."

Vegetarian diets in children and adolescents

These next five are case studies:
Cerebral atrophy in a vitamin B12-deficient infant of a vegetarian mother:

Cerebral atrophy in a vitamin B12-deficient infant of a vegetarian mother. - PubMed - NCBI

Severe megaloblastic anemia in child breast fed by a vegetarian mother:

[Severe megaloblastic anemia in child breast fed by a vegetarian mother]. - PubMed - NCBI

Consequences of exclusive breast-feeding in vegan mother newborn - case report:

[Consequences of exclusive breast-feeding in vegan mother newborn--case report]. - PubMed - NCBI

Nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in a breast-fed infant of a vegan-diet mother:

Nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in a breast-fed infant of a vegan-diet mother. - PubMed - NCBI

"We report the case of a 7 month-old girl that presented with acute anemia, generalized muscular hypotonia and failure to thrive. Laboratory evaluation revealed cobalamin deficiency, due to a vegan diet of the mother."

[Floppy baby with macrocytic anemia and vegan mother]. - PubMed - NCBI

Most recent studies using more sensitive techniques for detecting B12 deficiency have found that 68% of vegetarians and 83% of vegans are B12 deficient, compared to just 5% of omnivores.
Vitamin B-12 status, particularly holotranscobalamin II and methylmalonic acid concentrations, and hyperhomocysteinemia in vegetarians. - PubMed - NCBI
Signs of impaired cognitive function in adolescents with marginal cobalamin status. - PubMed - NCBI
Pseudovitamin B(12) is the predominant cobamide of an algal health food, spirulina tablets. - PubMed - NCBI

On paper, calcium intake is similar in vegetarians and omnivores (probably because both eat dairy products), but is much lower in vegans, who are often deficient.
Nutrition concerns and health effects of vegetarian diets. - PubMed - NCBI
Choices for achieving adequate dietary calcium with a vegetarian diet | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

Vegetarians and omnivores have similar levels of serum iron, but levels of ferritin—the long-term storage form of iron—are lower in vegetarians than in omnivores.
Is iron and zinc nutrition a concern for vegetarian infants and young children in industrialized countries? - PubMed - NCBI

This is significant, because ferritin depletion is the first stage of iron deficiency. Moreover, although vegetarians often have similar iron intakes to omnivores on paper, it is more common for vegetarians (and particularly vegans) to be iron deficient. For example, this study of 75 vegan women in Germany found that 40% of them were iron deficient, despite average iron intakes that were above the recommended daily allowance.
Dietary iron intake and iron status of German female vegans: results of the German vegan study. - PubMed - NCBI
Bioavailability of iron, zinc, and other trace minerals from vegetarian diets | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

many plant foods that contain zinc also contain phytate, which inhibits zinc absorption. Vegetarian diets tend to reduce zinc absorption by about 35% compared with omniovorous diet.
Bioavailability of iron, zinc, and other trace minerals from vegetarian diets | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

Thus, even when the diet meets or exceeds the RDA for zinc, deficiency may still occur. One study suggested that vegetarians may require up to 50% more zinc than omnivores for this reason.

Soy decreases your testosterone
Soy protein isolates of varying isoflavone content exert minor effects on serum reproductive hormones in healthy young men. - PubMed - NCBI
PubMed Journals will be shut down | NCBI Insights

Why you need dietary cholesterol:
Very great total picture kind of lecture:
David Diamond - An Update on Demonization and Deception in Research on Saturated Fat... - YouTube

Eating meat increases testosterone
Effects of replacing meat with soyabean in the diet on sex hormone concentrations in healthy adult males. - PubMed - NCBI

Saturated Fat Finally Vindicated in Long Buried Study
Saturated Fats Provide Many Important Health Benefits

Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil Consumption as Part of a Weight Loss Diet Does Not Lead to an Adverse Metabolic Profile When Compared to Olive Oil
Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil Consumption as Part of a Weight Loss Diet Does Not Lead to an Adverse Metabolic Profile When Compared to Olive Oil

Why you need cholesterol for testosterone
http://www.livestrong.com/article/435773-cholesterol-testosterone/

>Very wide and diverse amounts of similar research and current scientific consensus (look at the links at the bottom)
Will eating eggs increase my cholesterol? | Examine.com

Back