G20 cop beats assault charge

:lol: at the people saying 'just avoid downtown, its your responsibility to not be in the city when people are committing crimes'

as if no one actually LIVES downtown, everyone commutes from Barrie, right? and no one works downtown either, everyone can afford to just take a few days off while the city turns into a police state

G5 in Muskoka had like 5 protesters - if they held the whole thing up there, none of this bullshit would have happened

(or shit was it the G8? fucking details, im sure Pagy can correct me on them)

You should just avoid though.

Just as you should have avoided Boston during their recent martial law......err State of Emergency.

martial-law-in-boston-april-19-2013.jpg

The entire North East during Hurricane Sandy.

marathon-responders-462x290.jpg

To Katrina

superdome-military.jpg

Sucks if you live there, sucks if you are trying to escape there, but you should have thought of that before trying to go outside and trying to live your life in an area that you might reside in.

This is the argument I'm seeing. Fuck any semblance of rights. Rich people and government got meetings and conventions to be at.

yep that's pretty much the argument

it's also p funny how the justification for all the arbitrary arrests on Sunday were 'we let the real criminals do anything they wanted Saturday and didn't even try to arrest them, so today no one has any rights and we'll just beat and arrest the first people we see'

yep that's pretty much the argument

it's also p funny how the justification for all the arbitrary arrests on Sunday were 'we let the real criminals do anything they wanted Saturday and didn't even try to arrest them, so today no one has any rights and we'll just beat and arrest the first people we see'

It's always one way or the other it seems.

Either mob riots and people vandalizing everything, or cops being over reactive goons and busting everyone's heads in.

Be nice to see them use their massive presence to be more selective with their targets. Rubber bullet the people breaking into stores or vandalizing property. Tear gas the people looting a store. Billy club the dudes who are flipping the car over.

Instead it's utter chaos and the entire town is on fire, with zero reaction, or it looks like a Rodney King beating for people who did nothing wrong/illegal.

i guess that's my main beef with how the cops handled the whole thing, they went from sitting on their fat asses doing nothing, straight to nazi germany without anything in between

how about arresting the criminals while they're committing crimes, and don't kick the peaceful protestor with the prosthetic leg in the head when he takes more than 3 seconds to stand up

is that really so hard?

itt: armchair intellectuals try to debate a seasoned troll and come across looking as dumb as the 'protesters' they are defending

"oh man there is a riot going on, lets go into a restaurant and watch shit unfold and then complain when we get associated with the vandals"

theres a reason why during the massive protests hundreds of arrests are made, and then about a dozen go to trial and a half dozen stick. You are in the area of a known crime and have put yourself at the scene. Enjoy your 3 days in a overcrowded cell full of other protesters so you can now claim you experienced jail so are now a legit card carrying protesting douchebag. I've been to one protest and one rally in my life and both times I was disgusted by the full-time protesters there. I can't imagine a life where I live non-stop righteous indignation blaming others and appealing to emotions. Unfortunately that's also the only way 90% of people listen so I understand why it happens. But for real protesting the G(X)'s is just an excuse to loot downtown at this point.

yup, people should have just stayed in their homes for a few days until it was over, it was stupid of them to go outside when they knew full well the whole city was under martial law

besides, people eating at the old sphagetti factory deserve to be kettled in the rain anyways

same with biermarket

and dont get me started on The Keg

if I had to be kettled if any of those locations I would choose the Keg because i could get drunk and when the cops started bashing my skull in I would be numb from the pain so it'd be ok

ps kettling is fucking stupid, theres a reason why the military always leaves a line of retreat. but i digress because cops actually try to capture bad guys rather than just droning them while they're running away

I think that's a good argument for why cops should be able to open fire on anyone living in a ghetto too.

"don't surround yourself with thugs, criminals, and low-lifes and we will not feel the need to treat you like one."

:lol: at the people saying 'just avoid downtown, its your responsibility to not be in the city when people are committing crimes'

as if no one actually LIVES downtown, everyone commutes from Barrie, right? and no one works downtown either, everyone can afford to just take a few days off while the city turns into a police state

G5 in Muskoka had like 5 protesters - if they held the whole thing up there, none of this bullshit would have happened

(or shit was it the G8? fucking details, im sure Pagy can correct me on them)
i think you're overreacting... like a lot.

for your own safety, and common sense, you should have avoided downtown that day. Reasons are obvious: the violent rioting children, and the cops that have no choice but to treat everyone as a threat.

if there is a riot going on and you want to play the "this is my country and i can walk where i want" card i think its a little much.

Last edited:
yes lets make the jump in logic from arresting people in an active riot zone to shooting people who live among the bottom feeders of society but aren't in the act of committing a crime.

thanks for the correction, i guess... as if anyone cares about that distinction

i didn't capitalize some stuff too, you could have corrected that as well
it's an important distinction in the canadian criminal justice system...rather than just go with "fuck the police" maybe you should consider there were other bodies to blame in this case.

if I had to be kettled if any of those locations I would choose the Keg because i could get drunk and when the cops started bashing my skull in I would be numb from the pain so it'd be ok

ps kettling is fucking stupid, theres a reason why the military always leaves a line of retreat. but i digress because cops actually try to capture bad guys rather than just droning them while they're running away

the only place i'd be caught down there would be Scotland Yard, but that's a whole other argument

and the cops were instructed by Fenton to arrest everyone in the area for 'unlawful assembly', no distinction was made between the black bloc or people who say, were staying in the Novotel or people who had receipts from the nearby restaurants. i'm not saying the cops are stupid, but they were following Fentons stupid orders.

Well you've heard the line 'kill them all, god will know his own'?

Yeah I don't know about canadian laws but in situations of mass anarchy down here that shit gets done and I'm fine with it. They photograph the dudes, see what they're wearing, go over all the pictures of the rioters see who they caught in the act, and then slowly widdle down 1000 arrests down to a dozen or so cases that go to court.

I'm not saying it's a great solution, but when people are rioting, that doesn't excuse you from their behavior. The authority figures can not differentiate rioter/protestor/dude eating at Scotland Yard and you will be all held without charge of crime to the maximum length allowed in that jurisdiction as they go over the evidence. Rubbernecking is fun but remember, you're putting yourself out on the chopping block so don't be mad when your head gets caught.

i think you're overreacting... like a lot.

for your own safety, and common sense, you should have avoided downtown that day. Reasons are obvious: the violent rioting children, and the cops that have no choice but to treat everyone as a threat.

if there is a riot going on and you want to play the "this is my country and i can walk where i want" card i think its a little much.

i work downtown

i cannot 'avoid work' unfortunately

i know someone who lives by the Esplanade (where the kettle happened). lots of restaurants around there, she eats out a lot and doesn't really stock much food. i guess she should have just stayed inside for a few days, right? don't dare leave your house, a crime might happen nearby and you might get arrested for being nearby! good logic.

it's not practical for people who live in Toronto to 'avoid Toronto for a few days'

yes lets make the jump in logic from arresting people in an active riot zone to shooting people who live among the bottom feeders of society but aren't in the act of committing a crime.

What crime is being committed that warrants the bludgeoning of innocent people who just want to peacefully assemble?

Blanket policy is cool there.......it should be just as cool elsewhere. Guilt by proximity or association makes this all possible.

god forbid she needed to go to a store to get toilet paper or something, should have made a checklist before the G20 - everyone knew the kettle would happen on the Esplanade weeks before anyways

god forbid she needed to go to a store to get toilet paper or something, should have made a checklist before the G20 - everyone knew the kettle would happen on the Esplanade weeks before anyways

It's not against someones rights to need a permit, or permission, to continue rudimentary life functions.

She should have known better than to shit for a few days.

I hate it when spoiled kids feel entitled to everything. :)

What crime is being committed that warrants the bludgeoning of innocent people who just want to peacefully assemble?

Blanket policy is cool there.......it should be just as cool elsewhere. Guilt by proximity or association makes this all possible.

yes peacefully assemble by looting stores.

as others have said you have plenty of rights, but don't expect nothing to happen when you walk around with an ar on your back, or down to the ghetto in a tube top and short shorts, or when you mouth off to a large group of dudes who just stepped on your shoes. Yes, you have the right to carry firearms (here, not canadia, maybe u do idk), yes you have the right of speech as shown by choice of clothing, yes have the right to say what you want...

but when people decide to call the cops on a dude walking around with a gun, when you get gang raped, and when you get told to place your teeth on the curb, don't be surprised. It's that simple. Just like how you can't freely express yourself by shouting bomb in a movie theater, you can't freely assemble next to a band of looters. Tough titties, move on, fight a real fight you pathetic weaklings.

These perceived injustices are nothing and the fights are ones that YOU construct to give yourself some purpose to your ultimately boring and meaningless life. The blacks in the 40s, 50s, 60s, those dudes were real protesters. There was no looting. There weren't usually cameras. it was just them getting beaten up, thrown into jail, and going back for more when released. You can smugly claim you'd have been there since look, you just got arrested when you were trying to freely assemble next to a riot solely because there were a ton of cameras in downtown due to the g20. It was nothing more than a publicity grab which congratulations, they have done. These protesters are nothing more than Jerry Springer contestants. Join a union picket line where they've been picketing for a year. Or how about go to one of the towns that are unlivable due to Hydrofracking where no cameras are at and join one of the protests there? There is no looting there, there are no cameras there, and surprise; there are real serious issues there...
Or go protest some organization who you can't even name 10 participants with no real goal other than get some face time and then act indignant when you can't freely assemble next to that smashed out apple store which has some really cool iphones in it you'll just grab.

Welcome to the Internet Protesting Generation, where liking a photo cures that baby's cancer, e-mailing a senator makes your voice hear, and the good fight is getting disgruntled over not being able to go to your favorite restaurant gets put on hold for a weekend because people who actually try to change the world are busy trying to...change the world.

anyone who lives in that area wouldn't think twice about going across the street to one of the many restaurants, even if there were riots nearby

no one is going to figure that the cops would refuse to look at restaurant receipts or ignore the fact that your address is 85 Esplanade, right across the street

they think that worst case scenario, an officer uses his brain and arrests the correct person.

a person wearing pants smashed a window!

quick officer, arrest everyone in a 2 block radius wearing pants! charge them all with unlawful assembly! we'll sort it all out later

thats how the law works right?

Back