Empanadas

Falhawk

Veteran XX
I feel like making empanadas this weekend. I've never actually had one but they look good. Most recipes I see have raisins and olives in them...I like neither. Any other decent recipes out there?

when i was a kid like 99% of dessert recipes that i followed had fruits in them and i would just leave them out because i really dont need that shit

Depending on the culture, they can be savory or sweet. Some are meat filled, others with pumpkin or fruit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Depending on the culture, they can be savory or sweet. Some are meat filled, others with pumpkin or fruit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Basically what he said. Empanadas are classically "pocket pies", of which most cultures have their own recipes for. Usually they can be stuffed with meat, cheese, vegetables, etc. in dough. They are usually either deep-fried or pan-fried or even baked.

Point is empanadas have some recipes, but there isn't a strict code for what it is.

You can fill it with whatever you want. My grandma used to make them with ground beef, eggs, raisins, olives, onion, garlic, and she mixed a little tomato sauce in them I think. They were delicious. She never did dessert empanadas, only the savory kind.

You can fill it with whatever you want. My grandma used to make them with ground beef, eggs, raisins, olives, onion, garlic, and she mixed a little tomato sauce in them I think. They were delicious. She never did dessert empanadas, only the savory kind.

yeah that's what I'm thinking...just no raisins or olives.

Back