edit: and i live there

Sponsored Links
Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
462 - 07-02-2008, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
you gotta win more than 1 championship in a row for a dynasty...hell, even 2 in a row i wouldnt consider a dynasty.
3 in 4 is a dynasty.

GoKu
VeteranXX
Old
463 - 07-02-2008, 13:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Too bad Detroit is such a ****hole.

Why can't the Wings be in a cool city like Vancouver :P.
vancouver is a beautiful city true but they have arguably the worst travel schedule...just saying.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
464 - 07-02-2008, 13:58
i would agree...but the wings havent won 3 of 4...that was their first in 6 years.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
465 - 07-02-2008, 13:59
any team in the west has a ****ty travel schedule...just the way it works.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
466 - 07-02-2008, 13:59
And after a stretch of failures in the playoffs too.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
467 - 07-02-2008, 13:59
i wonder if brenden morrison would be a good 2nd line center fit in anaheim?? dunno how much he is looking to make

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
468 - 07-02-2008, 14:07
Well, the 3 players I'm interested in seeing are as follows (not in any particular order):

Kessel - I don't see it happening, but I'd love to see it.

Lombardi - Great speed, tremendous skater, but his hands aren't really up to speed.

Morrison - He's Morrison, haha.

The first two would likely involve a deal with Schneider, though I don't know if Calgary wants or needs him. Morrison would just need to have a reasonable price tag, but as an UFA, I'm not sure if I expect that.

GoKu
VeteranXX
Old
469 - 07-02-2008, 14:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
you gotta win more than 1 championship in a row for a dynasty...hell, even 2 in a row i wouldnt consider a dynasty.
Detroit has won the SC 4 times in 11 years and all signs point to them winning again this year barring any serious injuries. 5 for 12 is pretty damn dominant in any sport.

RJ_
Veteran++
Old
470 - 07-02-2008, 14:08
The worst part is Mo is a local Vancouver boy and he still wants to get the **** out.

This city is like a madhouse for hockey and it drives players bonkers. Not that I would want Avery but he publicly stated what a lot of players feel - Canadian markets ****ing suck because Canadians take hockey way too seriously.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
471 - 07-02-2008, 14:09
no games have been played yet...and a lot can happen during the season...but i would put the wings as the favorites for sure

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
472 - 07-02-2008, 14:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKu View Post
Detroit has won the SC 4 times in 11 years and all signs point to them winning again this year barring any serious injuries. 5 for 12 is pretty damn dominant in any sport.
The season hasn't begun yet. The signs don't point to ****. There's a reason why people talk about the Stanley Cup hangover. I saw it first hand in Anaheim. You have a short summer, and you just won it all. Hunger and drive is an issue because you have to find a way to motivate yourself to put yourself through the grind and give 110% despite just having won.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
473 - 07-02-2008, 14:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
The worst part is Mo is a local Vancouver boy and he still wants to get the **** out.

This city is like a madhouse for hockey and it drives players bonkers. Not that I would want Avery but he publicly stated what a lot of players feel - Canadian markets ****ing suck because Canadians take hockey way too seriously.
That's why Anaheim is turning into a destination point of sorts. It's a very laid back area to live in. You still have very passionate fans, but when you're out in public there isn't all that crap. In the Orange County area people are big believers in privacy.

Add on the great weather, the beaches, the rich communities, and it's easy to see why it's turning into a place players want to go. It's also the largest growing hockey environment in the North America.

RJ_
Veteran++
Old
474 - 07-02-2008, 14:17
Can't argue with that, although your ice seems pretty brutal all the time, I guess because of the heat.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
475 - 07-02-2008, 14:19
Yeah. The team is trying to work on that. I've skated on it, and I can tell you from experience that it's still too soft. It's better than it used to be, but it's not as good as it needs to be.

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
476 - 07-02-2008, 14:24
the ice is soft because its so damn hot there.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
477 - 07-02-2008, 14:26
Actually, one of the local rinks I play at, Anaheim Ice, is going to be completely replacing their cooling system this summer. I'm looking forward to that. The Ducks also just launched - today in fact - a local high school league. I'm pretty stoked about that. More exposure to the game, more depth in the state, and maybe, just maybe, a chance for local colleges like USC and UCLA to take a step towards the big leagues in the NCAA (not now, of course, but in a few years).

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
478 - 07-02-2008, 14:26
I just want to know wtf is going on with the Habs...and wtf is goin on with Sundin!?

Hope they grab Hossa instead of his old ass...Hosa/Koivu/Kovalev/Tanguay Mmmmmmm

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
479 - 07-02-2008, 14:27
...hossa is in detroit now buddy

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
480 - 07-02-2008, 14:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tic View Post
I just want to know wtf is going on with the Habs...and wtf is goin on with Sundin!?

Hope they grab Hossa instead of his old ass...Hosa/Koivu/Kovalev/Tanguay Mmmmmmm
Hossa is bought and paid for. He's a Detroit Red Wing now, for one season.

Page 24 of 40

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] NHL free agency

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , bettman ruined tribes , but i poop from there! , canada sucks , crosby loves dick , epic thread , free gon , fuck you all :# yetskii , hockey , hockey. who gives a shit? , ikea is for faggots , kahula lays jew eggs , kings , lol leafs lol , nhl , penis , pens suck , red wings sc champs , visnovsky , yetskii is a homer , yetskii works at ikea , yetskii=dickstain