[Release Thread] Overwatch

Finally they are going to restrict players to one class per map. I just can't stand fucking retards clicking a billion times asking for everyone to pick Hanzo or whatever gimmick build they want everyone to play. I don't know how many times I've had to play against six mccrees, or a bunch of meis.

Not to mention the fact I can tell what character (hanzo) that level 14 noob is gonna pick.

all reapers with cascading ults is a joy to play against

Finally they are going to restrict players to one class per map. I just can't stand fucking retards clicking a billion times asking for everyone to pick Hanzo or whatever gimmick build they want everyone to play. I don't know how many times I've had to play against six mccrees, or a bunch of meis.

Not to mention the fact I can tell what character (hanzo) that level 14 noob is gonna pick.

Pretty sure they did the specifically to stop the "All new character teams" going on for the first few weeks of one releasing. Two all-Sombra teams fighting would probably be... annoying...

Her gun's a twist between Soldier 76 and Tracer, just with a longer clip and a little less spread then Tracer's.

Her abilities definitely feel a bit clunky though. Her hacking stuff takes just enough time to feel ineffective against other players when you need to shut down abilities.

Also, since it's PTR everyone's just leaving if they don't snag her right away. Her translocator is a pretty cool throwback to Unreal Tournament, but I'm not a fan of how slow it feels when tossing it.

Her strengths seems to be that she can hack a healthpack spawn point and kind of camp in the room. Not only does her hack disable it for the enemy team, it makes the spawn rate of the health pack much quicker, allowing her to really screw with an enemy team if she can get into a back room on the offensive.

My only other gripe is that her invis has a definite ramp up time, where it's obvious she popped it, but if you land any amount of damage on her it instantly cancels and locks her out for the duration of the cooldown.

I could see her being very useful against team comps that specialize in using heroes that utilize shields as 'hacking' an enemy player locks them out of using any of their abilities for, I think, like 12 seconds. Which is kind of ridiculous.

I think her hacking ability should have a shorter cooldown, much faster activation, and a much shorter lockout period for the affected player. Make her more of a clutch disabler. Her EMP charge should be on a longer lockout period though, as it kind of makes sense, it is her ultimate after all.

Other than that, it'll be interesting to see how she affects the meta when she goes live.

Wow! The changes to Pharah make her feel a lot more Tribes-like. ABOUT TIME!

Also, ultimates don't go off every push! WHOA!

Last edited:
Wow! The changes to Pharah make her feel a lot more Tribes-like. ABOUT TIME!

Also, ultimates don't go off every push! WHOA!

not sure if you are saying what i think you are saying, but ultimate timer got slower by 20-30%. this means most dps classes that relies on hit damage such as widow/hanzo/mccree are passively buffed and classes that depends on ultimate to wreck havoc are nerfed.

also i am hearing good things about the 1v1 arcade mode.

Last edited:
Good. The amount of ultimates going off per game was a tad crazy. I feel like Pharah still needs something to not be fodder for all the hitscan. Maybe more/faster air control or something.

Tyvm for fun games friend valcom

Maybe this game isn't so bad after all

Although I'm not a competitive player, the game's dynamics are much better there. Just playing quick play can be an exercise in frustration, and I can see where people quickly lose interest and think the game is stupid.

But you have to play with competent friends, because if playing quick play can be frustrating, solo queue can be soul crushing. You have to endure endless blabbermouths that spend all match telling everyone how much you all suck, and quit, leaving you with the only real option of taking the loss.

I just won't put up with it. I didn't buy this game to be lectured by a bunch of teenagers, especially when most of the time they are playing bastion or symetra on offense and contributing nothing but damage fodder so the other team can ult up quicker.

Although I'm not a competitive player, the game's dynamics are much better there. Just playing quick play can be an exercise in frustration, and I can see where people quickly lose interest and think the game is stupid.

But you have to play with competent friends, because if playing quick play can be frustrating, solo queue can be soul crushing. You have to endure endless blabbermouths that spend all match telling everyone how much you all suck, and quit, leaving you with the only real option of taking the loss.

I just won't put up with it. I didn't buy this game to be lectured by a bunch of teenagers, especially when most of the time they are playing bastion or symetra on offense and contributing nothing but damage fodder so the other team can ult up quicker.
the old creationist hasn't figured out the game has multiple ways to mute people yet

Back