[T1] The Link Thread

I'm wondering about the online part. Will shitty work computers with shitty g-cards deliver?
Probably. Tribes can now run relatively smoothly on the crappiest Dell machine from six years ago. It ran perfectly on my Compaq 5900z with a 16 MB Diamond Stealth III a decade ago. I'd be very surprised if that changed much.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about the online part. Will shitty work computers with shitty g-cards deliver?

The major difference is forced OpenGL ( no software mode ), and higher res textures ( not by default, as far as I know the default textures are straight conversions from the originals ).

I'll do a couple tests later on an older box. Kinda curious, myself.

Got some systems with atom processors recently - reminds me of the 486sx25 - the
floating point is very weak. The new stuff should be checked on the atom.

I just won a copy of this at PAX so I'll probably start playing it a bit soon. Anyone up to make a casual team that might go competitive? The small bit I played was fun, but I didn't really get what was going on because I only played one round (how I won the copy actually).

I bought it and have been enjoying it. Sure it could use a little more depth, but I have been having a blast.

It just sucks the number of people playing is so low.

Fix, I've been testing on a variety of crappy boxes and it seems to run just fine. No increased overhead for opengl at all.

Bugs, my laptop is a 1.5 celeron from years ago and it does fine.

Back