Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Digital TCG] Eternal
Page 1 of 2
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 04-16-2018, 14:35
Eternal - Dire Wolf Digital

I've been playing Eternal off and on for a year now and watching people get excited over every Hearthstone expansion and opening hundreds of packs makes me faceplam so hard.

Eternal (imo) has way better game mechanics than Hearthstone - much closer to MtG but without the paper-derived antiquity MtG fails to escape even with their new digital game. Personally, I never got into MtG. I didn't care for learning the game, the turn phases, etc. When they launched the digital game, it still had the same barrier to entry. Hearthstone was much more simplified and was a good way to get into the genre, but I stopped playing by the time they did the grand tournament expansion. Eternal has much more depth to it but not in a way that prevented me from getting into the game in the way MtG had. If you're coming from HS expect a bit of an adjustment period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyvL6sazi54

Singleplayer

Campaign - unlockable 'adventure' modes with starter sets of cards. Can be unlocked with gold or real money

Puzzles - a fun intro to game mechanics that awards gold for completing first time.

Gauntlet - Take a deck into a gauntlet of 7 AI opponents. 1 loss will end your run. You are awarded chests for your run which increase in quantity and quality based on your wins. 1 win will get you 1 wodden chest (roughly 25 gold), while 7 wins will get you 2 silver chests (~250g each) and a 'rank up' chest which has a card pack inside. The Gauntlet mode resets every expansion, allowing players to re-rank from bronze to master and re-earn free packs. Once at master rank, your 3rd chest for 7 wins is simply another silver chest. This mode is always free to enter and has no limit on how many times you can play it, making it a great way to farm free packs/gold.

Forge - This is Gauntlet meets Hearthstone's Arena. Again you face 7 AI opponents but you are afforded 2 losses before your run is retired. Instead of a constructed deck of your choosing, you draft your own deck by selecting 1 card from 3 options and repeating until you have 25 cards. You keep all the cards you draft in this mode. Like gauntlet, there are increasing rewards for how far you make it (up to 3 gold chests) and free packs for ranking up by completing a full run. The Forge rank resets every expansion as well. The cost of entry is 2,500 gold (the equivalent of 2 1/2 packs) - considering you keep 2 pack's worth of cards just from entering; you get more value from the forge than you would purchasing packs.

Multiplayer

Events - Each weekend the game will host an event with a 2,000g buy-in. You play against other players in a run of 7 wins or 3 loses (whichever is first). You then earn rewards like card packs based off your run. Your runs will rank you on a leaderboard which pay out additional rewards based on your rank when the event is over. You can buy-in as many times as you want, but only your first 3 runs count towards your rank. You can retire a bad rank and start again if you wish. (Battle at the Gates Event Results - News - Dire Wolf Digital I placed #5 at the end of my run at the beginning of this week's event but was bumped down to #36 by the time it was over)

As of this month, DWD also introduced a Sealed format which runs for the whole month. Players buy-in at 10,000g. You're given 8 packs to open and construct a deck which you then use to play against other players. You keep all the cards from the packs. Players play 10 matches each week with their deck and are placed on the leaderboard based on their W:L - you can also play 20 tie breaker matches each week to increase your standing within your W/L record. You're free to continue playing matches after those 30 each week, but they do not count towards your standing. Each of the following weeks in the event, players are given another pack to open and add to their pool. This is a total of 11 packs for 10,000g. At the end of the event, you earn rewards such as card packs and foils based on your rank.

Casual - a constructed format with no rank. You earn chests for each victory.

Ranked - Simply put; Ranked constructed. The ladder resets every month. Players earn packs and foils based on their rank. Again, you earn a chest with each victory.

Draft - 5,000g buy-in. You open 4 packs in a draft format; Open a pack, take 1 card, pass that pack and receive another which has had a card taken, select a card, repeat until you've drafted 48 cards. Similar to forge, it's a first to 7 wins or 3 losses and 7 wins gets you 3 diamond chests (roughly 2,000g each). Similar to ranked play there is a monthly ladder with pack and foil rewards.

Miscellaneous

A note on chest rewards: these have a chance (roughly 20%) to upgrade to a tier higher. Any time you open a bronze chest it could upgrade into a silver chest (which then has a chance to upgrade to gold and diamond). So even a PvP win could turn into a lot of gold (and does with a lot of play).

Your first pvp win of the day will give you a free pack of the latest expansion.

Daily Quests - Like HS, you can hold up to 3 daily quests which awards silver/gold chests. Quests can be rerolled. Unlike HS, the quests don't require 'class wins' but rather colour wins which is way easier to pull off.

Packs are bought for 1,000g - They contain 12 cards but unlike HS, will only contain 1 rare card (which has about a 10% of being legendary instead). Packs also contain 100 Shiftstone (crafting dust).

Achievements - LOL Who cares about achievements... well they actually give you gold and shiftstone.

Faction Progress - Each time you play a match, you will earn EXP for each faction (colour) in your deck. As these factions rank up you earn: gold, shiftstone, packs, emotes and other cosmetics.

Deck tool integration - Yes, the devs even threw this into the game. Decks can be imported from your last draft and forge as well as your clipboard. Sites like Eternalwarcry are a source for decks built by the community - 1 click to copy the deck will allow you to import that deck into your game. If your collection does not have all the cards in the deck you imported; the game allows you to craft them with a single click. Any deck you construct can also be exported with a single click in game.

Deck building - The game provides a power curve for your deck, a pie chart with faction breakdowns as well as a listing of how many units/weapons/spells/power/etc. The game also allows you to run sample draws/mulligans.

Match History - You can view your last 20 matches. The game shows who the opponent was, who went first, what your opening draw was, what your mulligan was and which cards were drawn and which were not during the match

Promo Cards - Once in a while DWD will print Promo cards that players can earn with a pvp win of the day. If you miss out, you can still craft them any time.

Premium Currency - anything in the game can be purchased with gold or real money via premium currency. The only items exclusive to premium currency are cosmetic; hero portraits and interactive board totems. No game mode or cards are pay walled.

Last edited by Atreides; 04-16-2018 at 15:36..
Sponsored Links
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 04-16-2018, 15:05
but can i rng with rng on top of rng to instawin such is the goodness of hearthstone?

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 04-24-2018, 14:35
First Blood Draft Event - News - Dire Wolf Digital

Quote:
The Crownwatch has drawn first blood, repelling the Clans’ assault upon the gates of Argenport. Now, beyond the walls, Eilyn’s horde regroups in preparation for another attempt to capture the city that denies her. Answer the call in the First Blood Draft Event!

The First Blood event uses a special draft format:
  • The Dusk Road
  • Eternal Draft Pack
  • Eternal Draft Pack
  • The Dusk Road

Eternal Draft Packs contain a specially curated pool of cards selected from The Empty Throne and Omens of the Past. You’ll draft them just like a normal pack (and keep what you draft), but the cards in the pool are specifically chosen to be drafted in this event.
  • The First Blood event costs 7,500 gold or 600 gems to enter.
  • Each run consists of 10 games, win or lose.
  • Your first three runs will determine your position on the event leaderboard.
  • Rewards for this event are determined by final leaderboard position.
  • First place receives 30 packs of The Dusk Road, 10 Draft Tickets, and one random premium Rare card.
  • All players will receive a minimum of 3 packs of The Dusk Road and one premium Rare (plus the cards you drafted).

The First Blood event kicks off on Friday and runs all weekend. We’ll see you in the game!
Just something that an actual card game has on a regular basis. For the non-players; 7,500g entry fee is the cost of 7 1/2 packs and you keep the 4 draft packs, the 3 packs at the end and the foil rare. Your leaderboard rank pays out additional packs/foils at the end of the event. So even the worst players come out ahead while the top players compete against each other on the leaderboard for the top prizes.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 04-24-2018, 15:05
if I'm gonna play any ****ty card game it's gonna be Artifact tbh

but ty for the post

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 04-24-2018, 17:43
only problem with this game is it tries to be mtg... with the same resource system.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 04-24-2018, 20:07
That's a fair point about the influence/lands - a lot of people don't like getting land screwed/flooded. There are definitely a lot of decks that are virtually immune to this problem as the game has a **** ton of draw/scry cards but those are more on the control side of decks. Mid range usually utilizes the time faction because their low cost units ramp their power and/or draw power (land) to the point where dropping big units on turns 4/5/6 is also a virtual guarantee.

You do run into it more in the draft formats but that's also and added layer of complexity that influences deck building.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 04-24-2018, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
That's a fair point about the influence/lands - a lot of people don't like getting land screwed/flooded.
Yep, that's the #1 reason I got bored of the MTG games before Hearthstone came out. Getting screwed by RNG even when you had the correct land ratios was frustrating.

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 04-25-2018, 04:03
MTG arena is not out yet though.
it will be glorious!

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
9 - 04-30-2018, 15:47
A new sealed league kicking off:

New League: A Search for Answers - News - Dire Wolf Digital

Quote:
Tomorrow marks the beginning of Chapter 18: A Search for Answers, bringing a new Sealed Deck League and a new card back with it!

Follow Kaleb into the wild North in search of the truth about his family, and pick up Eternal’s second-ever premium card back while you’re at!
Spoiler

We’re mixing it up a bit for the Chapter 18 League, and trying a new structure:
  • When you join, you’ll still get eight packs: four packs of The Empty Throne, two packs of Omens of the Past, and two packs of The Dusk Road.
  • Each week of the League, you’ll now get TWO new packs (instead of one) to add to your pool. This will be two packs of The Dusk Road in the second week, two packs of Omens of the Past in the third week, and two packs of The Empty Throne in the fourth week, for a total of 14 packs over the course of the League.
  • Leaderboard prizes are increasing, to a minimum of four packs of The Dusk Road (up from two), one premium Uncommon card, and the new premium card back. So all players will end up with at least 18 packs from the League (14 from play, and four from Leaderboard rewards).
  • Everyone who participates will receive the new A Search for Answers card back upon conclusion of the League.
  • The cost to participate in May’s League will be 12,500 Gold or 1,100 Gems.
The Chapter 18: A Search for Answers League begins tomorrow and will run through May 31, so get ready to crack some packs and build your way to victory!

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 07-03-2018, 10:57
So a bit of a relevant update to Eternal - Set 4 just came out a few days ago and introduced a sideboard mechanic through a new 'merchant' card.

There are corresponding merchants for each faction which cost 3 power to play. When you build a deck with a merchant it will create a 5-card sideboard which you can load with cards matching the faction of that merchant.

This enables 'sideboarding' in a best of 1 scenario.

When you play the merchant unit, you can then select a card from your hand to exchange with a card in the "market" (sideboard). This allows you to add tech options as well as fix power flood/screw: Too much power in hand? Trade one for a unit in the market. Not enough power in hand? Trade a card you don't want and retrieve a power from the sideboard.

People have been playing with it for a few days now and it seems to be working really well. Not a bad first attempt at solving power issues while introducing a way to play sideboards in constructed.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 07-03-2018, 20:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
MTG arena is not out yet though.
it will be glorious!
I'm playing in beta..

I quit MTG in 2009 and am making a killing selling my cards on ebay, first 10 cards probably doubled what I ever spent on the game and I have a box of about 100 more I will slowly sell.

That said, as an experienced player... taking a bit to learn the new cards in standard.

The game is pretty good, the cards are brutal, most decks are nuts. I have no opinion yet, except computers can't random worth **** and 50% of the games are mana ****ed, either me or my opponent. I am happy with it though.

FOURSTAR
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 07-03-2018, 21:58
been in the arena beta for awhile now, its okay. standard is still going to be ****ed until rotation imo, not really worth playing it until then.

the economy in arena is pretty terrible though, and will be until they change something about the wild cards and how to get them. the limited side of things are decent though, and looking forward to brawl on there.

edit: oh yeah they are going to be sending out invite codes for people pretty soon, i think later this month. so people currently in the beta can invite friends etc

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 07-19-2018, 08:59
I made a thread in (N)MO for MTGA beta keys. Grab one if you need one, post some if you have any to hand out.

If you use a key make a post that you used it and I'll edit it out so people aren't trying dead keys.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 07-19-2018, 10:16
i've been playing mtgA and then stopped. i always enjoyed tournaments and drafts but only got into mtg because of multiplayer.

i played a few weeks worth of eternal and it's pretty good. better cause it's on tablet rather than PC I can play on the crapper.

still... my interest has declined and i am almost done pooping by the time the game loads and have to click through their promos and have to select a game mode to play and deck..

clash royale is still the best pooper game. but i hate it and tried a few times to corrupt it / reset it.

posted 5 keys as well

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 07-19-2018, 15:54
mtg arena beta access codes:
1fr-3icj-h84
qxe-xu96-4cz
jzi-idrc-wxh
34q-7m8r-9h7
z8m-3b44-qfr
note any cards you earn will be reset. If you pay money in you will get your gems/whatever back at the start of open beta, but any "free" stuff is gone.

I am sick to death of hearthstone. It sucks because I got a pretty damn good collection and 20k in dust, but each new set is more boring than the last. The last fun set was Reno/brann/etc., they have done nothing interesting since then.

I might check out eternal, I dunno these things are always such a big time and/or money investment.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 07-19-2018, 17:08
eternal is well done and you can do the single player stuff in a week or so of casual play. well worth trying that at least. cant imagine not having a tablet though

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 07-19-2018, 17:28
I'd say Eternal is less of a money investment than MTGA or HS. Mechanically it's a game like MTG but built from the ground up as a digital game like HS.

Fiend is right about the mobile version though - you'll probably be done taking a **** before getting into a match (unless you launch the game every day and keep the client up to date on your phone/tablet).

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 07-19-2018, 17:58
jfc fix ur table breaker post mr. "BROADSIDE ENGINEER"

#Sad!

ok, it doesn't break **** in ProjectNoob, only in Tribalwar Proper

#Unacceptable!

now it looks fine in tw proper

#WTF! #FixMyBonziBuddy!

Last edited by Edofnor; 07-19-2018 at 18:00..
Slurp
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 07-19-2018, 20:05
I think I'll give Eternal a try.

My CCG of choice was Faeria, but the player base has gone away.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 08-02-2018, 13:10
The twitch Prime promo event went live today. If you link your Twitch Prime account with your Eternal account between Aug 2 - Sept 11 you'll get 32 packs of the empty throne set (set 1) and 1 pack from the fall of argenport set (newest set).... As well as a card back and player portrait. The Empty Throne packs are considered as a box where you're guaranteed to get at least 3 legendaries.

The devs have also been live testing 'twitch loot drops' whereby watching someone stream Eternal will earn you in-game stuff like packs and foils and such. This feature isn't implemented yet.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Digital TCG] Eternal

Social Website Bullshit