Page 2 of 2
MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 07-22-2008, 08:08
:set noautoindent

and yeah, I don't like vi. vim is much better

It's for people who like command lines. If you know what it can do, and how it can do it, you can do huge amounts of stuff in a few keypresses.

there's basic navigation... the arrow keys move you around (in the right shell environment, otherwise hjkl will do it), as you would expect. In addition, you can use things like { and } to go to the previous and next blank line - ie the start or end of the current paragraph. "d" is for 'delete'. Hit "d}" and you delete every line from the current one to the end of the paragraph. Punch in a line number, press 'G', and you go to that line. Hit "d<line number>G" and you delete everything from where you are to that line. No line number with G will take you to the end of the file..

That's before you even start getting into the fancy stuff.

I've been using it for years, so I'm pretty used to it, but there's still a mass of stuff it's capable of that I barely scratch. Heck, you can run all your text through an external program from within it if you want.

I think the biggest problem for people is there's no menus, everything is a command line. That's also a major asset. Once you know those commands, working with the program becomes as quick as you can type, which for the people who generally find themselves using it, (and even most who don't) is ridiculously faster than a mouse.

PS: "Using a mac" is no big thing.. he's using a browser and shell prompts, from what I watched.. That could be done exactly the same on... just about any computer... Except you'd be paying for product, not marketing.

Oh, and getting caller id, out of an asterisk box and an 'enterprise class' SIP Trunk provider? Truly amazing. There's no such thing as hiding caller ID from the perspective of a telco (they need to know where both ends of the call are), and 'enterprise class' trunks would, I imagine, distinguish themselves by allowing you to operate as a telco yourself - hence passing along that caller info. It's a carrier to carrier interconnect, not carrier to customer. It would also probably cost you a ****ton of money, too. But hey, that's where all those l33t h4x0r3D credit card numbers come in, I guess.

You know, just for the record...

Sponsored Links
Killjoy
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 07-22-2008, 09:59
So not only does Ender have herpes, he is also a total idiot and doesn't know anything about social engineering vs. cracking/hacking.. what a total shock

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 07-22-2008, 10:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Oh yeah.

The hacker of our generation... uses a mac.

SAY WHAT?

a mac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3S0RjrXhw0
so thats what BadMoFo's voice sounds like

Murrell
VeteranX
Old
24 - 12-09-2008, 01:40
i ate a grape

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old