[Release Thread] Overwatch

I only just recently got back into playing it.

If you want serious games you gotta grind a few levels but I think its ok because generally you're having fun the entire time.

I really enjoy it more now then at the start when it launched. Its not such a fucking spam fest of idiots running around mindless. People have things figured out and comps are much better than at launch.

Yeah, it's a good game, but keep in mind that it's basically a AAA first person multiplayer only shooter. There's no single player campaign, and the only sense of progression you might actually find in the game is collecting the next cosmetic they drop down the pipes.

There are season ladders, and occasionally we get a new character that stirs up the meta for a while, but it seems odd to me right now of having to pay a AAA title price for what amounts to what any first person shooter game offer as a kind of extension of the game from the story element.

Yeah, it's a good game, but keep in mind that it's basically a AAA first person multiplayer only shooter. There's no single player campaign, and the only sense of progression you might actually find in the game is collecting the next cosmetic they drop down the pipes.

There are season ladders, and occasionally we get a new character that stirs up the meta for a while, but it seems odd to me right now of having to pay a AAA title price for what amounts to what any first person shooter game offer as a kind of extension of the game from the story element.

Yeah well, you are also paying the Blizz fee in that price.

GOTY edition is currently at 50% (37,50$) so I'm pondering if I should hop in too :)

So from what you guys are saying, I understand it's possible to get into the game without being the best player around (I don't game like before, I simply don't have the time with work and other stuff anymore)?

I'll probably buy it later on today.

I'm not a good player but I have fun with it. You'll climb or sink to where you belong eventually.

I'm pretty casual and mained bad heroes during my placements, I'm still having fun climbing and swapping around.

The game has quickplay, even if people are toxic it doesn't matter. Playing comp is different but you still get lots of people at any rank that don't care and will pick a troll character.

I can keep playing it because all the characters are there, you change during matches. If I feel like playing whatever I want I play quickplay, in comp I generally try to pick a character that works with the teams choices. I like that their are picks that are counters, and knowing all the counters helps a lot. Your team can have a really tough time, one person changes characters and that can be all that is needed.

I felt the price of this game was good for the fact you get all the characters and all the content without dealing stuff like how EA does BF games, pay $120+ CDN to get all the xpacks and you have to grind through leveling all the guns and attachments. Overwatch lets people that are good at FPS to be placed with better players because the game tracks how good you are.

I am not that good at the game but I still have fun with it.

Thanks for all your replies. I finally bought the game. For 40$, I think it's a fair price for a still popular game that will fill in for the FPS/PVP crave :)

See you online :)

Buy it, it's so much fun. You'll get the hang of it quickly but it will help to watch some video's on it. It's easy going and like said somewhere above: regarding competitive it will group you with players in your own skill level. Start out with a good 10/20 hours of quickplay though.

Tank with a grapple added to the game, he looks fun to play and good change to the other tanks.

They had a patch this week that added look for group, you can pick a roll you want to play, people that start the group can for people to stick to the roll they picked.

Endorsement system lets you give endorsement points to people, a system opposite of reporting features. With this one you can reward people on either team, you gain points and levels with this system. When I saw it announced I didn't pay attention much, but after the patch when live I played a bit of quickplay and everyone was a lot nicer than normal. Getting rewards for actually playing being a good teammate appears to be effective so far, people were a lot more polite and trying to call stuff out even in QP. Will need to wait to see how long this lasts.

Most people stopped playing from TW it seems, but I still like the game.

I saw that Wrecking Ball was the new hero, but already here in game?! wow :rofl:

and yeah, so far the endorsement system seems to be working. everyone is nice oorrrrr - doesnt talk at all.

I wonder where they got their inspiration from

latest

Back