News: Beta Signups Begin

Putrid said:
they don't want to let gurlies play anyway....

You just haven't summoned up the killer instinct necessary to compete with violent brutes like myself in order to get into the closed beta. You can't just give up after a couple of registration errors and expect to prevail!

Male-dominated history has proven that with judicious application of extreme violence, ANYTHING is possible. All you have to do is kill a man and mail his head to VUG with an attached note saying "If I don't get in, this is what will happen to YOU".

NoGodForMe said:
Hooo Haaaaa, in on the first try.
My system is so worthy.

T:V Beta - Bragging rights not included.

and btw :grimreape because you have an insanely badass system and :grimreape cause you're in beta

NoGodForMe isn't necessarily in the beta. Nobody is accepted yet, unless he was told by Thrax or another develope that he was accepted.

As for Breadman's claim: I'd love to know who he considers "shoe-ins" for the initial 30 to 50. That's a lot of names. Could he give us at least ten?

Strik3r said:
I'd say that since this game is rated T, very few people would have a problem being old enough to play it...and if you're testing a game why's it matter if the little kiddy's 15 or 25, long as he can shoot :)

It's not a matter of the game content, it's a matter of being legally able to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement. Under 18s can't do it.

I would imagine (total speculation) that it would just be a web-based form since electronic signatures are now legally binding.. however I did have to print out and fax a form to get on a beta test once.

3rd time asked ... I think....
Canadians ... should I even bother to apply?
I think I should at least I mean I will be selling your game after it is released...
But seriously ... cant enter postal code or province from what I've gathered reading all this

Really? Never heard about that, great news if that's true though. Since printing a form and faxing is a bit of a pain in the ass (not *that* bad though). What do they consider an electronic signature though? Typing your name, or something else?

triple said:
I would imagine (total speculation) that it would just be a web-based form since electronic signatures are now legally binding.. however I did have to print out and fax a form to get on a beta test once.

IrritAnt said:
It's not a matter of the game content, it's a matter of being legally able to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement. Under 18s can't do it.

How can they tell your age though? None of the forms in the beta thing asked for your age, at all. Bah. I just turned 18 in april so I'm safe, but still, how can you tell?

Killjoy- said:
SON OF A BITCH.. it does a sysinfo...im at work.. bastards bastards

Yes, very annoying.

My main machine is down.. and I cant change the auto specs to what I will be using.

I think it's just going to be a matter of them selecting people, and contacting them before they send anything out. During that contact stuff like age would be brought up I'd presume.

BrEaDmAn86 said:
How can they tell your age though? None of the forms in the beta thing asked for your age, at all. Bah. I just turned 18 in april so I'm safe, but still, how can you tell?

I don't think it matters as long as their parents/guardians agree to signing it for them. It's not like they're gonna accept them, call them up, and cancel admission after finding out they're under 18 :shrug:

Limbo said:
I don't think it matters as long as their parents/guardians agree to signing it for them. It's not like they're gonna accept them, call them up, and cancel admission after finding out they're under 18 :shrug:

I betcha they would cancel, especially if the BETA was under a NDA

I dunno about that. They might not want to deal with the entire parent/guardian stuff in the first place. It's not hard to go through the many apps and accept someone else.

Limbo said:

Back