we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

I think that if Col posted something publically about this initially (perhaps coupled with the WOFN press cast announcement), this would have gone over much differently. Not doing so suggests that Col was being deceitful in some way (probably far from the truth, but it's obvious why it could be interpreted this way).

The donation drive thread made no note of this. Actually, it stated:

Originally Posted by Colosus
Since you guys are actually pulling through with this, the goal is $4000. What will this buy?

Dual 2.8ghz Xeon, 4gig DDR Ram, 2x 36gig Ultra320 SCSI SCA
2x 80gig Ultra2 SCSI

I am glad that Col came forward w/ the amounts that were spent on the laptop. This made me feel better. The thought of 25% of the donations going towards a $2,000 laptop (a laptop of that caliber seems over the top) didn't sit well with me. But ~$500 to a $1300 laptop seems more realistic.

I think it could have been handled much better - if this was publically stated before hand (rather than having to wait for it to leak out), I would have been 100% fine with it.

In the end, I remain confident with the donation I made and will probably donate again next time. I enjoyed the T:V press event and hope to see more like it.

:heart: to all.

I think we should've used that money to help Rayn buy Zoloft so he would be stable enough to run TW again.

I don't think people have an issue with col using funds for a laptop.. what's at issue is why he chose to not tell us about it, I mean that's kinda fucked up. Just get it all out, we don't give a shit either way.

This would be a great time to kick into action and start cutting people down with my MASSIVE MANLY FLAMEY SWORD...but i won't.

triple said:
I don't think people have an issue with col using funds for a laptop.. what's at issue is why he chose to not tell us about it, I mean that's kinda fucked up. Just get it all out, we don't give a shit either way.
That's my fault. With everything going on, I never really thought about it. No one really asked and I didn't remember. That is my fault. And Tysoft, that estimate was correct, but as I said, we didn't get the 2 80 gig drives. So that cut over $300 alone on price.

Well I contributed a large sum of $15 dollars. So I think I have a right to use the new laptop for a good hour or so.

half the sky said:
I didn't expect this thread today. I thought the whole thing regarding the laptop played out yesterday in irc without much drama. I'm sorry to see that Pixie was pulled into this thread.
So do you normally have conversations with fraggle, or did you go to him knowing he would cause some drama? If you wanted to raise your "concerns" you could have done it yourself instead of hiding behind him. You knew what you were doing, don't try and backtrack now.

TySoft said:
I think that if Col posted something publically about this initially (perhaps coupled with the WOFN press cast announcement), this would have gone over much differently. Not doing so suggests that Col was being deceitful in some way (probably far from the truth, but it's obvious why it could be interpreted this way).

The donation drive thread made no note of this. Actually, it stated:

I am glad that Col came forward w/ the amounts that were spent on the laptop. This made me feel better. The thought of 25% of the donations going towards a $2,000 laptop (a laptop of that caliber seems over the top) didn't sit well with me. But ~$500 to a $1300 laptop seems more realistic.

I think it could have been handled much better - if this was publically stated before hand (rather than having to wait for it to leak out), I would have been 100% fine with it.

In the end, I remain confident with the donation I made and will probably donate again next time. I enjoyed the T:V press event and hope to see more like it.

:heart: to all.

I think this could actually turn into an problem. Col asked for donations for a server, but instead got a laptop, and now there's an issue as to the plane tickets. I'm not legal type professional, but in theory, couldn't all of us who donated for this "cause" file a fraud suit? Also, shouldn't there be some sort of tax write off?

Colosus said:
That's my fault. With everything going on, I never really thought about it. No one really asked and I didn't remember. That is my fault. And Tysoft, that estimate was correct, but as I said, we didn't get the 2 80 gig drives. So that cut over $300 alone on price.

Ok. Makes more sense now, and I think most folks understand being busy and not thinking to mention it... you were concerned with the Sierra event.

Imposter said:
So do you normally have conversations with fraggle, or did you go to him knowing he would cause some drama? If you wanted to raise your "concerns" you could have done it yourself instead of hiding behind him. You knew what you were doing, don't try and backtrack now.
oh hush.

nevermind imposter and... continue on DramaWar.com

Back