we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Silent Bob said:
Well is this intended to be a gaming rig? If you didn't need it for gaming it'd be fine. Sorry but if other peoples money is invovled I'm not buying the BIGGEST AND THE BEST.

$1300 is hardly BIGGEST AND THE BEST. :rolleyes:

Gaming laptops are $3000. Good business laptops are in the $2000 range.

Check for yourself.

herbtown said:
agreed !!!1

ef got ownedz....
I disagree.

I'm not hugely upset or anything, but Col could have just said he was going to use the money for this shit. I mean, he got into a huge fucking argument with some dude about the build of the server, and about maximizing dollars and shit, and suddenly some of that money isn't spent and then is spent in a different way than people were told it would be.

I've got no real problems with Col getting shit off of running this site, but transparency of process would have been nice. He doesn't DESERVE anything, because I think he gets a lot out of what he does. Yes, he puts up with a lot of shit, but you can't act like it is all negative.

I guess this is at the least disappointing, because it didn't have to be this way.

Vlasic said:
thjat's not compensation dammit

I think i might sue the entire community for 3 years of pain and suffering

Ooh, that's a good idea. Tell me if it works. I'll be set for life.

T w i z t i D said:
I disagree.

I'm not hugely upset or anything, but Col could have just said he was going to use the money for this shit. I mean, he got into a huge fucking argument with some dude about the build of the server, and about maximizing dollars and shit, and suddenly some of that money isn't spent and then is spent in a different way than people were told it would be.

I've got no real problems with Col getting shit off of running this site, but transparency of process would have been nice. He doesn't DESERVE anything, because I think he gets a lot out of what he does. Yes, he puts up with a lot of shit, but you can't act like it is all negative.

I guess this is at the least disappointing, because it didn't have to be this way.
It wasn't a long time decision. My argument with Geck0 was valid. I didn't get the laptop until like 3 days before we went to San Fran because I realized that we had no other way to cover the event.

And it is by no means a gaming laptop. I don't even think it'll run T2.

T w i z t i D said:
I disagree.

oh shut up, you want timesheets for his time he puts in too? give me a break.....i'm with old skul on this shiz....

Colosus said:
It wasn't a long time decision. My argument with Geck0 was valid. I didn't get the laptop until like 3 days before we went to San Fran because I realized that we had no other way to cover the event.

And it is by no means a gaming laptop. I don't even think it'll run T2.
yeah there's a lot of computers out there that can't run t2 :D

I donated money to Col to use as he saw fit. IIRC, I, um, sent it directly to him via PayPal, and not into some democratically controlled escrow. Did we get a new server? Yup. Did we get nice coverage of the T:V event? Yup. Did Col get a nice new laptop using a few hundred dollars of TW donations? Yup. Did he get laid? Evidently not. Too bad. Hell, I'll send 20 bucks to a "get the dude a ho" fund if somebody decides to start one.
Fraggle, bring actual drama to the next drama thread, please?

Ixiterra said:
Wtf? That's more than I make with an actual job. :(

to qualify for that much in the washington area you would have to have made an average of aprox 15k in a three month period...

so if col's job that he was laid off from paid him 60k a year he might have pulled that much in on unemployment...

Putrid said:
to qualify for that much in the washington area you would have to have made an average of aprox 15k in a three month period...

so if col's job that he was laid off from paid him 60k a year he might have pulled that much in on unemployment...

ding ding

herbtown said:
oh shut up, you want timesheets for his time he puts in too? give me a break.....i'm with old skul on this shiz....
herb, all i'm saying is, we go into this desperate drive for a new servere around xmas time, people dig deep and pay out of pocket, in some instances a good deal of money, it'd just be nice if it all went toward its intended purpose or he at least says he's using some of it for WOFN. Shit, did we even know about WOFN then? Would people have donated in a drive to start another shoutcasting company?

T w i z t i D said:
I disagree.

I'm not hugely upset or anything, ...

...I guess this is at the least disappointing, because it didn't have to be this way.

You're full of shit, Twiztid. You pulled this drama queen crap before UVA5, and you're doing it now. Grow a set of stones, and maybe you'll understand that this isn't high school we're talking about here. This is real people, with real lives, having to contend with real problems.

Colosus does not owe you an explanation of where funds from donations go. The deal is like this: if you like TribalWar, and you want it to continue offering you everything you get (otherwise for free), then you have the opportunity to contribute funds. If you don't like the fact that the man got a laptop (that he uses for TW/WOFN official business) partly paid for, then you need to rethink your priorities on what's "fair" and what's not.

You have this sick sense of entitlement that I'm going to enjoy watching dissolve when you get out of college and realize that you actually have to work for things in this world. You're a pathetic sack of shit.

old_skul said:
You're full of shit, Twiztid. You pulled this drama queen crap before UVA5, and you're doing it now. Grow a set of stones, and maybe you'll understand that this isn't high school we're talking about here. This is real people, with real lives, having to contend with real problems.

Colosus does not owe you an explanation of where funds from donations go. The deal is like this: if you like TribalWar, and you want it to continue offering you everything you get (otherwise for free), then you have the opportunity to contribute funds. If you don't like the fact that the man got a laptop (that he uses for TW/WOFN official business) partly paid for, then you need to rethink your priorities on what's "fair" and what's not.

You have this sick sense of entitlement that I'm going to enjoy watching dissolve when you get out of college and realize that you actually have to work for things in this world. You're a pathetic sack of shit.

Couldn't have said better myself

T w i z t i D said:
herb, all i'm saying is, we go into this desperate drive for a new servere around xmas time, people dig deep and pay out of pocket, in some instances a good deal of money, it'd just be nice if it all went toward its intended purpose or he at least says he's using some of it for WOFN. Shit, did we even know about WOFN then? Would people have donated in a drive to start another shoutcasting company?

I agree with twiztid on this one, seems like shady stuff and if we know where the money goes it would be less drama on everyone.

Colosus even had to post twice just to get the numbers correct, and even then who knows if the new numbers are correct.

Back