Disc Launcher in -- anything else goes. Any guesses on their crazy ideas?

Thrax Panda said:
How about a big-ass bat that knocks people down. Very little damage, but absolutely knocks you flat on your ass for a second. Then you could get a group of people around somebody and just beat the tar out of them for a long time and keep dropping them like a sack of *#$% every time they got up. Call it the "Whats-a-matta-fa-you Bat".

SIGNED, CALL IT THE ANGRY MOB :p

My suggestions:
Gatling Laser
Shotgun/Flak Cannon
Flamethrower
EMP Grenades
Shockwave Cannon

Basic weapon should be the phaser, replacing the blaster. ;)

-AzRa3L- said:
Attention mIze: Satchel pack.

Good day sir.

Are you one of those idiots that reads about three words of a post and tries to sling a smartass comment in for a free post on your run on vet^2? I said "TIMED", maybe you never played t2.. but it is remote detonated, and destroyed when hit with two discs or an equivalent amount of damage, nothing like the detpack was.

[-mIze-] said:
Are you one of those idiots that reads about three words of a post and tries to sling a smartass comment in for a free post on your run on vet^2? I said "TIMED", maybe you never played t2.. but it is remote detonated, and destroyed when hit with two discs or an equivalent amount of damage, nothing like the detpack was.

Attention mIze: Satchel pack.

Good day ma'am.

Data said:
My suggestions:
Gatling Laser
Shotgun/Flak Cannon
Flamethrower
EMP Grenades
Shockwave Cannon

Basic weapon should be the phaser, replacing the blaster. ;)

Explain the gatling laser and phaser.
The shotgun would be a pretty good addition. I'm trying to think of some way of making it suck, but it seems like it would work in a base Tribes environment. Just as long as the spread sucks nuts past 20 meters or so. ;) But still have the ability to take a pinch off a faraway target.

Flak Cannon - I assume you mean like the UT flak cannon? That would be pretty sweet actually. It's sort of a disc launcher/mortar mix (I'm thinking of the right-click use, where it sends a ball that explodes when it hits the ground/target. The left-click use is basically same as the shotgun).

Flamethrower - Useless in the mods, I doubt there'd be much use for it in base either.

EMP grenades - No. EMP grenades are horrible. If you get hit by one when you have the flag you may as well immediately ctrl-k. They take no skill.

Shockwave cannon - Could go either way on this one, I suppose it depends on how it's implemented. It's not used that much in the mods except maybe to heavy jump.

I definitely wouldn't mind the shotgun and flak cannon.

The Axe:

The weapon sprays Axe Deoderant Body Spray onto another player. The player is then attacked and raped to death by cheerleaders who arrive from off-screen.

I like that gatlin laser idea.

Use the chaingun model. But instead of bullets, it'l shoot lasers. Make it med/heavy only. Fucking awesome.

Next we can have a houdini mine. Basicly a mine that floats in the air where you deploy it and stays cloaked until somebody runs into it.
That'd rock. Perhaps make it randomly "drift" around its origional deploy location as a tradeoff for it being cloaked.

If I was Thrax, I'd limit the forum to people who can form intelligible sentences. Uber leetist sixteen year old tribes players scare me...

[-mIze-] said:
If I was Thrax, I'd limit the forum to people who can form intelligible sentences. Uber leetist sixteen year old tribes players scare me...

Personally, I'd ban everyone that thinks vet^2 comes with postcount.

*shrug* From what I understand now, its the time you've been here. I never really bothered to find out how the vet thing worked. Point is, opinions are opinions, and all TW seems to be now is vets posting what they think is right and bashing anyone without a tag. This thread is going OT... oh and guess why, because of a vet. :eek:

Ixiterra said:
Flak Cannon - I assume you mean like the UT flak cannon? That would be pretty sweet actually. It's sort of a disc launcher/mortar mix (I'm thinking of the right-click use, where it sends a ball that explodes when it hits the ground/target. The left-click use is basically same as the shotgun).

Har.
When I read "Flak Cannon" I thought of a gun that fires real fast (but isn't accurate at all), and either explodes on contact for lotsa damage, or detonates shortly after being fired (midair explosions) dealing little to no damage. The gun would fire short salvos of these charges before reloading (otherwise cappers would get totally overwhelmed by these).
It would look cool and *if there are any vehicles* it could be used as an anti-vehicle weapon (the accuracy wouldn't really be a problem since vehicles would probably be bigger than players, and the flak could knock them off course or something). Also for indoor fighting; kinda like a fast firing plasma gun, but without the accuracy.
Might be a little overused though, but I think with a little balancing it could make a decent AA/close range weapon.

Like Lucius said, change the grenade types in the nade launcher. I've always thought it would be interesting to lob conc nades over great distances.

Just make sure the mortar launcher is there or I quit. :rawr:

Extra Boost Gun

Takes up a weapon slot, but it gives you the extra "umpf" you get from a Disk Jump. The penalty for this would be a limit in it's uses. Once or Twice.

Back