[T3] Turtling and HOF

Jillymid!!!

Jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!jillymid!!!

BTW,

T2 or T1 there is no fucking diff, they are both similar..

wah, you suck at capping in T1, happy? No matter the game, you're complaining about a position because it makes it harder for you to cowboy cap. Use teamwork and you can own any position.

Flatscan said:
The only reason Wulf sucks at T2 CTF is because he never really played it.

There is nothing wrong with HoF's. I have capped and played heavy D (early early early heheh) - both are lots of fun.

This discussion is silly - don't change a thing.

As for a timed ending of standoffs, that seems fine with me.

Err, sure I did.

I really don't care too much either way, seriously, but I remember the pain in the ass it was to get someone to volunteer to HoF on maps that needed it.

As far as the turtling argument goes, if it's ghey, why does it need to be a 'part of the game'? There's no way around it? I don't know if a timed flag return is the answer or not, there any other options?

Wulfen said:
I really don't care too much either way, seriously, but I remember the pain in the ass it was to get someone to volunteer to HoF on maps that needed it.

Get a dedicated HoF.

I love to HoF. A lot of people love to HoF. They should not remove useful positions from the game, especially positions that have been there since the begining.

Wulfen said:

..the hell?

Sometimes we even had to resort to tking to decide who'd get to HoF.
Ain't nothing worse than being HoF and then have someone else come in and tell you he'll HoF.

xpdnc said:
The only time i've seen a team use more than one Hof is when they're a) newbie teams or b) their LD can't do whatever it is they're supposed to be doing, probably a combination of both

or c) when 5150 played regular T2 base on quagmire, they'd triple HoF.

Though, that was still 13 other players :eek:

In T1 Reck would multi-hof on most maps. We'd put one guy on the flag and another off to the side to jump on the flag if the starting hof got wacked. On some maps we'd put a repair hof behind the main hof to just hose him with the repair pack to counter spam.

Don't discount alternate strategies, I've seen some crazy things happen that nobody could have predicted.

Back