Getting into PvP

I've been wanting to try pvp for a while. Not really sure how to get good gear for it or any strats though. I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to PvP right now. any links or mage strats would help.

If you've never done PVP before I wouldn't worry about strats and just focus on practice. Also, run the VOA pugs to stea... err grab some nice PVP gear, as well as those pieces available from WG tokens, and also the honor reward pieces. You can also grab PVP gear from badges, so just keep running everything you already do.

Are you looking to do arena or BGs?

arenajunkies.com +1

PvP mage is about CC and survivability. If you can control the fight with CC, your team wins.

Mages can get away with wearing some pve pieces if you dont have access to full pvp gear yet. You're pretty much going to want to find either a rogue, dpriest, spriest, or ret for 2s. RMP (rogue/mage/dpriest) or shatterplay (resto sham/spriest/mage) are your best bets for 3s comps. And yeah, as stated above, you're gonna want to focus on purely control until your team is sure they can get a kill on something.

Back