So is WoW dead or...

"Vanilla" > BC > WotLK

Hopefully they break this trend with Cata, but I highly doubt it.

I'll give you that BC was better in many areas than WotLK. However, I disagree with the whole Vanilla > BC part for most people.

I understand that many classic raiders think back to their first C'Thun, Nef, Ragnaros, etc kills as their most exciting times but you have to think about how annoying the raids were back then. You had 40 man raids which was at times very painful to fill and also had many bads, and you pretty much had to go farm a fuckton for any consumables.

It was like that in early BC too before they implemented the change. I remember my first Magtheridon pre-nerf kill, I had to go get flask, food, pots, 5-6 different elixirs, and more.

As much fun as vanilla was, I think BC was a better executed raiding game.

I'm just about done with wow. Our guild drops Arthas in ~ a month by my estimates (we're almost through Sindragosa). I cancel my account at that point.

I have been very disappointed with LK's raids. TOC was the breaking point for me. I decided to get through Arthas and go. I think a good % of our guild is in the same boat. I'm sure the hardcore guilds will stick around - there's no other game that offers them what they want, but I think the average player is going to leave - for me, the final boss in wow is Arthas - bringing in the dragons and stuff is just a way to keep some new content coming in. He's going to be the last 'human' big bad that we face.

I might come back part way through Cataclysm and join a 10 person casual guild. I might now - my window to play this game is closing - we'll have kids in a couple of years, and I'm not going to play a game like wow once they arrive.

Last edited:
i cancelled my account a few months ago..a buddy of mine who has been playing religiously, non stop for several years just cancelled and uninstalled too. his roommate did the same.

i'm just sick of hearing about WoW and i'm ready to stop paying it any attention.

happy with his usual wow bashing post, nothing really new

i got back from an awesome 3 weeks in germany, and unsubscribed

just don't have the time anymore ;o and theres nothing to do playing casual

Back