WoW Death Knights - What to do at 80?

putzing around with a DW frost tank spec now...

have 4.4k GS, will be farming the 75 badge head for my dps gear then start working on T9 for tanking

edit: also got rid of all the pvp gear for tanking... i find i take much less damage now =D

Now that you hit 80, you can gear up and join a guild to tank.

Then realize how awful DK tanking is and delete.

:)

ok i'm semi geared out, at 11/12 ICC10 with my guild. the P1 transition fucks us up, we have 2 raging spirits up when LK casts quake =\

main problem though... how the fuck do i get rid of +hit

i'm sitting at 338 hit, 75 over cap. i can't do without my mark of supremacy (+128 hit) trinket either, cuz that'll drop me way under the cap. an option would be to regem my yellow sockets for hit, and use DMC: Greatness for my other trinket, but something's telling me that's a retarded thing to do.

gonna look to get the 264 legs crafted, and next frost upgrade would be the T10 chest. gonna spend all my dkp on bryntroll too

Regem 10str+10hit in yellow/orange slots and drop the hit trinket. I don't know what your other trinket options are but Greatness deck is one of the better trinkets up until ICC.

You could also enchant 12hit/12crit to help make up the hit cap. You also have the wrong enchant on gloves. I would enchant 20 hit to gloves under current circumstances, but if you ever didn't need hit, you should enchant 15 strength, especially as unholy.

Also wrong professions and wrong race, but thats nitpicking :).

Last edited:
thanks terra =D

don't really have much, have needle encrusted scorpion, but EJ rates that below greatness

262 hit now... missing 1 hit won't hurt me much will it? =p

Last edited:
thanks terra =D

don't really have much, have needle encrusted scorpion, but EJ rates that below greatness

262 hit now... missing 1 hit won't hurt me much will it? =p

Your character looks a whole lot better (on paper) than before. Looks like you managed to pick up some +str socket bonuses regemming also.

Another thing to look at would be Chaotic Skyflare vs Relentless Earthsiege. It really depends on your specific gear and raid composition, but I have found Chaotic Skyflare to come out on top for me. Basically you would gem 1 nightmare tear and 1 sovereign (10str + 15 stam purple) to meet the meta. I would use it somewhere you can gain a str socket bonus by doing so, like your boots.

Also, haste to cloak and, you know, the whole race and profession thing.

mining's kinda my moneymaker, don't think i'd want to drop that =P

and for race, orc?

i just realised after regemming that i could've picked up the polar bear bracer thingie and solved all my hit problems. bleh i'll have to regem again when that happens

Jewelcrafting + Blacksmithing are the best professions for a DK. Orc would be my choice as a horde DK.

You can always have an alt get gathering professions such as mining and herbalism.

so how's frost dps this patch terra? saw you had a frost dps spec on yesterday and now its gone =X

reapingless unholy/frost the best now?

i just respecced to blood on my 4800 gs dk... i like it much better

check out my dk if you would terra, and the reason i have those profs is b/c my guild doesnt have an alchy lol (my main is a pally anyway, guild's mt)

The World of Warcraft Armory - Esaul @ Laughing Skull - Profile

edit: and the gem on my 2h is dumb i know, i just started playing him again 2 days ago lol

no shoulder enchant
no cloak enchant
wrong glove enchant
no belt buckle (unless this is still a bug and wont show on armory)
no boots enchant
bad ring gem
bad weapon gem
bad gear
no nightmare tear
bad professions
wrong unholy spec
wrong blood spec
you haven't used all your talent points in blood spec...

honestly, i could tell you what to do but it won't matter. you should really take the extra 15-20m and read ej and get a better understanding of basics of this class before you fine-tune it.

so how's frost dps this patch terra? saw you had a frost dps spec on yesterday and now its gone =X

reapingless unholy/frost the best now?

I was trying out frost (with chillblains for slow) for Lich King hardmode attempts. It won't be any max frost dps spec. Its not as terrible as before, but unholy should still pull out ahead. If you really want to try frost, change the cookiecutter 3.3 spec with 2/2 endless winter and 4/5 killing machines.

Sub Frost + Reapingless > Sub Blood + Reaping > rest

idk whats up, i didnt really look at that wow-armory link, but i definitely have all those enchants and a belt buckle, and i have used all my talent points i just checked. you didnt read what i said about the professions, and like i said ive only been playing him for a couple days, havent farmed the money for all the gems yet. and that unholy spec is from last may and i got the blood spec off the dk forums (lazy i know, i just wanted to mess around with it)

i know the class pretty well, i was one of the top dps dk's on horde side of my server before ulduar came out (thats when i stopped playing)

seriously though send me a tell about what you think i should do.. im not a close-minded person, i take criticism like i give it. im also gonna install rawr in a bit and mess with, unless you suggest something else for that purpose

As I pointed out earlier, you didn't even use all your talent points in your blood spec. Your enchants and gems are simply wrong. I read your post about you being alchemist for "the guild" which didn't make any sense considering you're only 284 alchemy.

I could tell you exactly what to do and fix it but it won't help you because you seem to be lacking a lot of general understanding of the class. Easiest way to learn is by going over to ej and spending some time reading the threads. Any questions not covered there, I'd be happy to answer after you have done so.

You should probably work on sons of hodir rep as well.

Don't use Rawr. Use http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t50274-kahories_dk_simulator_1_2_including_patch_3_3_3_a/ which is, again, covered in ej.

Last edited:
Enchants are boe anyways so why bother doing them again

He mentioned that his main was a prot paladin in the guild. I'll assume that since this is the only prot paladin in the armory that its him.

The World of Warcraft Armory - Gingernaught @ Laughing Skull - Profile

I would hope this is him since 2/3 other paladins in his guild seem godawful.

Doesn't have Sons of Hodir rep either. To be honest, its not a big deal because as a prot paladin in ICC gear you want to use 30 stam + 15 resil to shoulders anyways, but he doesn't even have that.

Also no ring enchants and non-optimal professions on his main.

This is why I told him to read ej. I understand that everyone plays at a different level but he clearly could learn a lot from reading ej, whether it is for his main class prot paladin or his alt dk.

Back