You can now buy in game pets for rl money

Blizzard also stated they would never allow sex changes, faction changes, cross-faction mail, or PvE to PvP character moves. "Never" becomes a very slippery word when millions of dollars are introduced into the equation.

Exactly and from the looks of it the Celestial Steed has done very well so far.

This is the only info I could find, but I heard that they have sold way more than this.
Initial sales suggest the Celestial Steed download has already made a whopping $3.5 million USD for Blizzard, which clearly shows the effect a single “supernatural warhorse” capable of travelling the game world at 310 percent normal speed can have on warriors and warlocks tired of tramping overland.
WoW profits bulge as Celestial Steed causes stampede - Gaming

I get the feeling on some upper-level this will cause a nasty kind of backlash. Stockholders keep tabs on this, see Blizzard is SUCH A cash-cow now it wouldn't surprise me if they pressure them to find more revenue streams like this to just keep the stock going up and up.

thats been happening... the jew ginger will continue to destroy wow while you nerds will continue to ignore this and rage against me instead :)

Back