You can now buy in game pets for rl money

And?

It's a fucking for-profit company. They aren't a god damn charity, and even if they were making $2 billion a WEEK, they could, should, and would still charge money for shit. That's what companies DO.

This is all I am thinking, everyone posting in this section of the forum has paid Blizzard for entertainment, when we get bored of the game we stop paying them. No reason to get mad at them for finding new ways to make money with their franchise.

happy, i <3 you, but i just ignore your anti blizz rants

when I stop having fun with the game, i'll be the first one to stop playing ;o

i like the old bliz, not the new bliz post-vivendi post-activision after the key members left and keep leaving and greedy douchbags replace them and dont give two shits about the games... sc2 will be their last great game

This is all I am thinking, everyone posting in this section of the forum has paid Blizzard for entertainment, when we get bored of the game we stop paying them. No reason to get mad at them for finding new ways to make money with their franchise.
yes and its totally ok for lucas and speilberg to rape great franchises with remakes and bs sequels to squeeze out a few more pennies

If you get this upset over MMO's and fantasy sci-fi series perhaps you should search for something that gives your life more meaning. Also, if you were sitting on a billion dollar franchise I doubt you would be ok with stopping the cash flow for the sake of the integrity of an earlier title/movie.

I'm waiting for the point where everyone stops spending retarded amounts of money for stupid things Blizzard offers and goes "HAY WAIT A MINUTE". Will it be gold selling? Auto-leveling? What retardedly over-priced product or service will make you guys say "OKAY OKAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" ??

$10 for a fucking pet?!? LMAO If you buy this you have more money than brains.

I'm waiting for the point where everyone stops spending retarded amounts of money for stupid things Blizzard offers and goes "HAY WAIT A MINUTE". Will it be gold selling? Auto-leveling? What retardedly over-priced product or service will make you guys say "OKAY OKAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" ??

$10 for a fucking pet?!? LMAO If you buy this you have more money than brains.

$10 is lots of money. true thtory.

i'm not planning on buying these pets..but i make enough money at a shitty college job to where i would rather spend $10 on something i want in game rather than spending 20+ hours farming for it. hmm..let's see...would i rather spend a week trying to get a pet in game or spend $10, save myself tons of time, and go to work and earn back the money i spent on it in less than an hour.

you guys are so fucking asshurt over this shit it's rahdiggalus.

$10 is lots of money. true thtory.

i'm not planning on buying these pets..but i make enough money at a shitty college job to where i would rather spend $10 on something i want in game rather than spending 20+ hours farming for it. hmm..let's see...would i rather spend a week trying to get a pet in game or spend $10, save myself tons of time, and go to work and earn back the money i spent on it in less than an hour.

you guys are so fucking asshurt over this shit it's rahdiggalus.

It's an in-game pet. A pet.. that you keep.. inside WoW.... For ten bucks. It doesn't do a damn thing, but jiggle around beside you. How is that not fucking ridiculous.

(Wern't pets originally part of the cost of the game anyways? How long before special armor, weapons and skills for sale? Is that shit cool?)

It's an in-game pet. A pet.. that you keep.. inside WoW.... For ten bucks. It doesn't do a damn thing, but jiggle around beside you. How is that not fucking ridiculous.

(Wern't pets originally part of the cost of the game anyways? How long before special armor, weapons and skills for sale? Is that shit cool?)

WoW is a video game. On your computer. It doesn't do anything except create flashy lights on your computer screen. How is that not fucking ridiculous?

Blizzard has never ruled out micro-transactions, whenever asked in interviews/@blizzcon. What they HAVE ruled out is micro-transactions for weapons/armor. Their intent is to sell vanity items only.

Everybody sells out eventually.

:lol: @ people projecting their morals on others.

well maybe you dont care about wow... but take whatever you're passionate about, imagine whatever entity in control basterdizing the shit out of it, then come back to me.

WoW is a video game. On your computer. It doesn't do anything except create flashy lights on your computer screen. How is that not fucking ridiculous?

Blizzard has never ruled out micro-transactions, whenever asked in interviews/@blizzcon. What they HAVE ruled out is micro-transactions for weapons/armor. Their intent is to sell vanity items only.

That analogy is pathetically weak. We could spend all day dramatically over-generalizing everything in existence but I will simply ignore that.

It's amazing that a gaming community that typically upon hearing "micro-transactions" would usually light torches and sharpen pitchforks will suddenly don knee-pads and buy altoids because mighty Blizzard is offering them.

My issue is that micro transactions are bullshit, especially when you are paying extra for things that you thought you'd already paid for. It creates a two-tiered gaming experience and that turns my wang inside out.

What I find odd, is THIS is the money grab by Blizz that gets everyone upset.

Does anyone here remember when Blizz first announced paid realm transfers? Do you know WHY players wanted to get off their server? because it lagged like shit. The older severs during the time were almost uplayable. I was on Thunderlord back then. Raiding BWL was almost pointless, solely due to lag.

THAT was a dick move by Blizz. Everyone pays the same monthly fee for service, and yet, not everyone had equal service. Blizzard's solution was to let us pay them an extra $25 so that we could move to a realm that was hosted on newer hardware, just to not have horrendous lag.

When realm transfers opened up, I remember 2-3 raiding guilds paying to leave TL.

Who gives a shit about vanity items. If people want an in-game pet or mount, let them buy it. They're not buying gear, gold, levels, or even an exclusive feature that nobody else gets.

What is stupid, is Blizzard's limited time offer to donate partial proceeds to charity. They've managed to earn more money at zero cost to them. If they want to donate to charity, make it the full amount from sales of these items, permanently.

Does anyone here remember when Blizz first announced paid realm transfers? Do you know WHY players wanted to get off their server? because it lagged like shit. The older severs during the time were almost uplayable. I was on Thunderlord back then. Raiding BWL was almost pointless, solely due to lag.

THAT was a dick move by Blizz. Everyone pays the same monthly fee for service, and yet, not everyone had equal service. Blizzard's solution was to let us pay them an extra $25 so that we could move to a realm that was hosted on newer hardware, just to not have horrendous lag.

When realm transfers opened up, I remember 2-3 raiding guilds paying to leave TL.

Who gives a shit about vanity items. If people want an in-game pet or mount, let them buy it. They're not buying gear, gold, levels, or even an exclusive feature that nobody else gets.

What is stupid, is Blizzard's limited time offer to donate partial proceeds to charity. They've managed to earn more money at zero cost to them. If they want to donate to charity, make it the full amount from sales of these items, permanently.

Eh, same as paid changing of races instead of balancing racials :s

That analogy is pathetically weak. We could spend all day dramatically over-generalizing everything in existence but I will simply ignore that.

It's amazing that a gaming community that typically upon hearing "micro-transactions" would usually light torches and sharpen pitchforks will suddenly don knee-pads and buy altoids because mighty Blizzard is offering them.

My issue is that micro transactions are bullshit, especially when you are paying extra for things that you thought you'd already paid for. It creates a two-tiered gaming experience and that turns my wang inside out.

It has absolutely nothing to do with sucking Blizzard dick JM.

Here's exactly how I feel about them selling in-game pets:

Who gives a fuck?

That's the full extent of my feelings on it. I just can't figure out why so many more people care so much about it. They're not raping anything. There's no lore involved. There's no changing of the in-game mechanics. You're not getting a bonus out of it.

I would care if they started selling extra talent points. If you think that's the end of the slippery slope to selling vanity pets, you're nuts.

Blizzard did offer free transfers off over populated servers several times to help people that were on servers that had performance issues. Paid transfers allowed us to choose a server to move to, that move was usually motivated by people wanting to play with friends on other realms.

omg are you implying that businesses dont exist to make happiness and sunshine!? :O

edit: :ftard:

Last edited:
Do you know WHY players wanted to get off their server? because it lagged like shit.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with players wanting to change to the same realm a friend or relative was playing on, or moving to one in a better time zone to find a guild that raided during hours they were able to.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with players wanting to change to the same realm a friend or relative was playing on, or moving to one in a better time zone to find a guild that raided during hours they were able to.

If I had to guess, I'd say they made more money from guilds transfering than they did from individuals. A whole guild transfering might end up being 25 to 75 transfers.

Back