[SCAM] I think I am being scammed

DocHolliday

Contributor
Veteran XX
Long story short.....found car I like in ad. 1968 Firebird. Talking to person who "owns" it and they want to use a transport company that acts as a intermediary. Asks me to register at the companies site. I am having trouble finding info on this company and the domain looks fresh.

EDIT: I registered at the company using a throwaway email. Setup process did not ask for anything I would not expect.

Speedstar Transport |

What would you guys do to investigate this? I am fairly certain its a scam, but man this website and the entire setup is intricate. Seems a lot of work went into it. Maybe they cloned someone else's website and added a few customizations to make it look legit? What do you guys think?

Once this is all said and done I will post a full account of what happened. Seeing plenty of red flags, but also some things are checking out. Its like there are enough breadcrumbs to keep me on the trail.

main.jpg

Last edited:
Hi <insert client name here>,

Good catch! We've checked that link on our end and we believe it's a scam as well. Feel free to ignore or delete the email. If you continue to receive messages from this sender, let us know and we'll block the email address.

Regards,
<insert service desk employee name here>

im not an expert, but this rings a lot of bells wrt other car sale scams I've read about

Last edited:
I emailed the company he claims to work for to very his email as the domain is different. They even have the domain re-direct to the legitimate companies website. Also put in a request to the local chamber of commerce requesting info on the transport company. The address listed on that companies website shows up as a empty lot on Zillow.

Going to keep this guy going to see what he asks me to do next.

Phone number listed on site resolves to Speedstar Transport. Automated service picked up and eventually went to VM. They even list a legit fax. Dunno whose it is though.

Last edited:
suicidetaxi, pls stop trying 2 scam docholliday

ur scheme will not get u his money

thanks

god bless

The temptation is great. Dream car and all.

I wonder how hard it would be to get this site shutdown. Looks like its based out of Europe.

No seriously that car is sick.

Except for the color, it's one of my dream cars. Top three, the other being a 77 Trans Am like I used to own.

You should buy that car.

Back