[Official] GoT S5 Thread

That's pretty baller.

People were bitching about the new Sansa chapter, but I thought it was decent.

It feels like Littlefinger's end game is sort of wishy-washy in the show. He just gave his "daughter" to the craziest family in Westros.

Last edited:
Not really. He's the de facto King of the Vale, one of the seven kingdoms. He's pulling the North into an alliance through Sansa (with obvious intentions of marrying her too at some point) which would make him ruler of 2 of the 7. The Lannisters and the Tyrells (Kingdoms 3 and 4) are allied but are falling apart at the seams. The Stormlands (5) are the seat of the Baratheon family, and Dorne (6) who stay out of the politics for the most part are obviously no friends of the Lannisters and would go to war with the North and the Vale to unseat them. The Riverlands (7) are now governed by Littlefinger's dominion from Harranhal, and would rally to support the daughter of Catelyn Tully.

Varys saying that littlefinger would watch the realm burn so he could rule the ashes is pretty solid foreshadowing imo

It's probably going to work too until Dany comes along and literally turns it to ashes

The one thing I always found odd about Littlefinger is he doesn't seem to perceive Dany as a serious threat. I guess he knew Varys was protecting her, but it's hard to believe he couldn't arrange her death years ago. It seems short sighted of him to know so much about the families of Westeros but scoff at her just being some teenage girl halfway around the world.

He does know she has dragons, correct? This seems to be lost on a lot of people, like when Cersei basically dismisses it at a small council meeting. I know she's arrogant and full of herself, but people really can't be that stupid, can they?

I think a lot of people don't seem to take Dany as a threat except for robert, and he only wanted to do it because he hated targeryans

Probably dismissed as rumors. It's not like they've got CNN. I mean the look of shock on Tyrion's face kinda showed it. Dragons haven't been seen in decades, generations of people have come and gone.

it just seems odd that a guy like littlefinger (who always seems 10 steps ahead of everyone) wouldn't send someone to Mehreen and see for himself. Based on how overpowered dragons were classically it should be something he'd at least check out on the remote chance it's true

Also that he wouldn't be aware of how fucked up Ramsay is. He doesn't seem to think he's worth really worrying about at all based on how he talked to Sansa about it.

it just seems odd that a guy like littlefinger (who always seems 10 steps ahead of everyone) wouldn't send someone to Mehreen and see for himself. Based on how overpowered dragons were classically it should be something he'd at least check out on the remote chance it's true

I think he knows she is dicking around in Mehreen. If she raised an army and attempted to sail to Westeros, only then would he tip his hand and try to arrange something. He might also easily assist in her taking over westeros in the hopes of marrying her and then offing her later.

yeah little finger wins in the north leaving sansa there either way

a. she marries a bolton. bolton's beat back stannis. sansa rules the north with littlefingers help

b. stannis beats the boltons, needs the north support and gives the north to sansa in exchange for support. littlefinger profits.

even as a book reader i think this season has been pretty good

its a show and they're doing a good job of keeping things moving

Back