Tribes on macbook problem

wtf eat apples

Contributor
Veteran XX
Ive been trying to solve this problem on my own but have failed. On my MacBook when I load tribes in full screen the res is scaled to a gigantic size... Ive tryed editing the res in the prefs but it just loads the same. Please help so I can play the tribes with you all. Thanks

how r u playing on mac, bootcamp or parallels?

if bootcamp, it should be a fairly standard windows install - are you sure your changes to clientprefs are actually saving? can you delete the resolution lines and see what it defaults to without a setting? did you try changing it in the options menu instead of the clientprefs?

never had any issues with resolution but i assume that deleting the prefs associated with the resolution would cause it to default back to something reasonable

yeah i dont see why there'd be a problem in bootcamp, its a pretty standard windows install aside from bios and hardware differences which shouldn't really affect tribes changing resolutions

my instinct is that his clientprefs is read only or something like that, but even in that case the menu change should work, it would just not save and revert if you restarted the game

:shrug:

Ok so I got everything working now thanks for the help. The only problem is in game when I look around the screen freezes for a split second. Like it's all smooth then a slight hesitation then normal again.. my video card options are very limited. Vsync is on or set by application, aa 2x to 8x and that's about it... changing in game res doesn't seem to help and I'm locked to like 60-50 fps. I'm using groove confit with some of milks skins, terrain and sky's.
Thanks again

The problem with the res was the scaling but I finally figured it out thanks.
Is there anything to help the mouse button click delay?
I've tried to join the discord to ask you all for help but I can't post until I verify my email. Every time I try the link on my email it crashes internet explorer.
Sorry for the noob questions.

My ping is normally like 44. I've tried looking for v sync in the client prefs but it doesn't show up. I'll try playing with video settings more I guess

most drivers dont seem to respect T1's vsync setting (is it broken?), you have to force it off in your graphics card options by default

glad to help :)

based on the vsync settings, sounds like intel onboard drivers which really suck, and since you don't have the option to force vsync off and tribes doesn't seem to set vsync properly you're pretty much stuck with it on

which leads to input lag and the like

best bet is to use a super lean config, like the new or old basic configs or maybe the grey config, definitely nothing with scriptGL for intel onboard

but ur still gonna have vsync lag with intel and t1, it sucks

Back