The Drawing Thread

Ha, I just spotted the trailer I did on youtube.
It's weird, they just put it up without announcing anything.

That has to be the most work I've had to do in the shortest amount of time. They were very optimistic with their deadlines.

that's awesome. did you do all the animation too?
what kind of software do people use these days to do animation work like that?

Practically everything yes, it was kind of daunting considering the time frame. Some pre-production had already been done, and some bits and bobs here and there I had help on.

It's After Effects for all the animation and compositing, Photoshop for making all the assets. It doesn't necessarily make for the best animation (although people have made some crazy awesome stuff with it), but for something like this, it's fast enough that you can get something acceptable very quickly, and then slowly build it up based on how much time you have to spend on it. It really comes down to style and how much time you have for stuff.

After Effects is kind of a staple for animation though, it's so versatile that even most traditionally animated projects will use it at some point or other, if only for compositing.

Conflicks: Revolutionary Space Battles revolutionizes space-themed videogames by merging the deep gameplay of real-time strategy (RTS) games to the intuitive accessibility of physics-based games.

The game universe is a futuristic transposition of the French Revolution, combining elements from the Renaissance period with science-fiction in a dark, humoristic approach. The game can be played in a single-player campaign where missions are linked together by a story, as well as in multiplayer skirmishes.

nice artwork doo

meow

yEEFw7d.jpg

bump

Back