[star wars] The Last Fuckin Jedi [box of words] [$$billion$$]

Looks like people just hate strong female characters, misogyny is exactly why Ghostbusters failed u know. Now these 'internet trolls' are spoiling Star Wars for everyone.

Nerd boys just can't handle seeing these talented, strong, funny, ethnically diverse women beating the boys and crushing life

Starwars: SJW #2.
Female: you men should quit being so reckless you're costing the resistances greatly
Female: proceeds to be even more reckless and gets praised for doing EXACTLY the same thing.

Spoiler

Rea and Poe are pretty much the best characters in the new series

I don't give a shit about the whole sjw thing

:lol: ^^^
Lucas must be spinning in his grave. Oh wait. It's really a delayed reaction once you start to analyze the movie and find so many plot holes. I can't imagine what will happen in episode 9. SJW meets the make it up as you go force.

So let's see, Luke and Hann are gone, Leah is a grandmother (CGI), we're left with Rey, Finn, Poe, Tran, Chewy, BB8, a kid jedi who will be a teen (Luke) in the next movie, and a few lessor characters. On the imperial side we have Kylo Ren, Phasma (Comedy Relief).

What is there to work with here for the 9th movie? And you know they're going to keep going forever.

this was supposed to be a trilogy to end the skywalker story

and there are no skywalkers left for the third

derp

That's not really their fault as Carrie Fisher died after TLJ wrapped up.

Luke force ghost will likely be around in Ep IX.

The more I think about it TLJ suffers from choices made in TFA. Nothing about Snoke or the First Order makes sense after the events of RotJ. When, where why we're all hand waved in a crawl and they never developed their motivations or the stakes in the conflict.

They could have spent all the time devoted to Rose/Finn bullshit to developing Snoke which would have made the Rey/Kylo conflict climax even better.

if you told me a manatee wrote this story by randomly picking beach balls with plot points i'd believe you

i imagine they found the slow motion spaceship race against the fuel gauge to be super exciting

looks like the critics/publications got caught again with their coordinated efforts; all now trying to say the massive negative audience ratings are trolls or hackers just like ghostbusters.

Those Russian hackers, first the election and now Star Wars! :baby:

It's all about the all mighty dollar, if it makes money then it's a good movie.

I find the reported high numbers to be suspect, mainly because the movie is so damn long that it means less viewings per theater. Maybe they raised ticket prices in many markets to compensate for this.

suicide squad, batman v superman, transformers, mummy are all examples of recent movies with top 10-20 grossing box offices that were critically panned

there aren't less viewings per theater because of disney contracts which force something like 1/2 of every theater's screenings to be playing star wars. any minor metropolitan area will have star wars going off every hour, major metropolitan has them going off every 15-20

if you told me a manatee wrote this story by randomly picking beach balls with plot points i'd believe you

i imagine they found the slow motion spaceship race against the fuel gauge to be super exciting

i didnt think last jedi felt random or disjointe, like say BvS or what i hear about justice league. too many of the scenes were just poorly written and uninspiring. save the kids, pew pew - pew pew, do the thing because of the other thing, zip zap pizzow, save the other kid, kaboom kablam, etc

Last edited:
the lucas ip is too valuable it doesnt matter if the films suck, people will go see it.

just look at how long it took for audiences to just avoid justice league.

besides, star wars fans already showed their true colors with TFA and RO; the film doesn't matter as long as you use AT-ATs, x-wings and laser swords.

honestly i think we just have to wait until audiences are so saturated/bored with the universe that we start to get the deadpools and the logans. it took 6 years to go from iron man 2 to deadpool.

as pointed out in other places, the star wars universe simply isnt that big and disney is doing well enough with their current business model that they can't / won't be releasing multiple star wars films a year. there's only so many x wings, lightsabres, and well known characters they can push, so they do this super mega marketing push around the holidays and take their $billion$ to the bank.

inevitably star wars fatigue will set in, at which point they will have to be more open to taking creative risks, and audiences will possibly begin getting actual movies.

9g3w5b.jpg

i don't see what's so ridiculous about speculating theres russian influence on aggregators. there's no fuckin way these terrible trailers from major studios get so many views on youtube or upvotes on reddit without the clicker armies of india/south east asia. i dont have a tenth of a percent of doubt the fast/furious trailers or the recent lost world trailer are being artificially manipulated

Last edited:
They can stop after the 9th movie because they have a Star Wars land at Both Disney parks. That brian washes all the kids to like it, along with the parents to buy the merch. Little babies will grow up with Star Wars characters on their walls because it's Disney. 20 million people visit the Magic Kingdom every year with 10 million visiting Hollywood Studios (where the new land is being built).

They already announced another trilogy

Hope you like a new Star wars movie every couple of years for the rest of your life

Wait until your grandkids argue online about who the best actor that played Luke is

They can stop after the 9th movie because they have a Star Wars land at Both Disney parks. That brian washes all the kids to like it, along with the parents to buy the merch. Little babies will grow up with Star Wars characters on their walls because it's Disney. 20 million people visit the Magic Kingdom every year with 10 million visiting Hollywood Studios (where the new land is being built).

just make sure you don't get banned for life

Back