[NFL] Week 5

Why are teams able to advance down the field so much easier on the last drive of the game than the entire game?

imo it is bad strategery 2 stick w/ the same defense against belichick

he will hack ur gibson soon enough

This is what I'm talking about. HK are you seriously defending this defense right now?

you asked why teams seem to be able to advance at the end of the game - a big part of that is because defenses are different at the end of the game, depending on the number of points the defense is ahead by at that point, how many timeouts the offense has if any, and what their kicker situation is like.

defenses are also changing at the end of the game because the offense needs to run different shit based on the circumstances

I understand that defense change. I'm questioning why you would consistently change to a defense that allows points to be scored.

If you can just switch your offense to one that scores points, why wouldn't you do that all game?

There are defenses you play because you’re willing to trade yards and/or points for clock time. And you don’t want to give it all up in one shot so you play more zone and keep the ball in front of you.

Teams are throwing more consistently because they need yards and points and aren’t trying to give their defense a rest. Or they’re rushing or throwing screens against light boxes.

Rushing the QB takes more energy than pass protecting, so the pass rush is tired. Coverage is getting tired because they have to cover for longer because the rush is tired. And they’ve been doing this for like 3 hours.

And a desperate team is always going to take more chances while the defense is probably playing a lot tighter.

So... all of that is why the end of the game is different and why it’s hard to replicate at any other time

Back