this is what i did yesterday

OSHA made a surprise visit to my place of work today. They went through the company records of the last 3 years of work-related accidents and saw my accident in the books from last year. This is the first they are hearing about it. Which is illegal, from what I hear. They were supposed to report any hospitalizations within 24 hours.

So I'm sure they got fined for that.

On top of that, they wanted to know why Lockout/Tagout policy wasn't in place to prevent such an injury.

They got fined for that also.

Now I think that the owner/CEO is in panic mode. After the OSHA inspection I got suspicious questions from the shop foreman asking me about LO/TO. Like if I followed procedure or should have. I think he is trying to cover his own ass and present it to the owner like even though there is no formal procedure, we still are supposed to follow an unwritten informal policy.

Anyway... I don't know how hefty the fines are, but I doubt they are so large to warrant management to stealthily try to get a feel for my position on the matter. I think the owner is worried that I might realize that I have the opportunity to lawyer up and sue the hell out of the company.

...like I didn't already know this...

Probably doesn't help that they know I got the 15K from insurance. I'm sure he's probably thinking that 15K is only like a month of his income and for a moment put himself in my shoes... freaked out about what he'd do in the same position.
A LOTO system wouldn't have stopped you from being a moron. I can walk into just about ANY plant in the world, and within a couple seconds, put my body in some sort of possibly lethal position with a machine. LOTO isn't fucking magic. It doesn't work itself.

You sound like a fucking moron for arguing from this "wow, totally didn't know" point-of-view. Are you a fucking idiot? Do you walk in front of moving vehicles too? Did your boss not give you proper "don't want in front of moving vehicles" lessons? You violated every single common sense rule in the handbook and every single safety rule that has ever existed, let alone LOTO rules. You don't fucking stick your body in machinery that is powered on, or if it even has the possibility of turning on.

Fucking nanny-state nonsense and the cunts who force it into existence.

Last edited:
Val, considering how much time you spend loudly proclaiming that most other people are retarded, why are you so surprised and aggrieved that safety measures are needed to protect workers from their own stupidity, forgetfulness or ineptitude? ;o

for the most part these people are working with dangerous machines all day BECAUSE they are not the brightest bulbs

it's just common sense in terms of efficiency and keeping your workers functional to try and mitigate their self-mutilations via some safety equipment and processes

please reeeeconsider your harsh attitude :sunny:

I can see in Canada that it's slightly similar to here. Far more than a single padlock sitting on the crane power box. I don't know about US.

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/etools/08-003/P08-00301B.pdf

This is the kind of gear you typically see for LO:

LSE106F.bmp

It's sometimes supported by a LOLO register and training records with a policy of 'breach of lockout is instant dismissal' like violence and theft. Depends on local laws.

Yep. I worked at a place in Oregon that had the same very strict LO/TO and cofined space policies.

Val, considering how much time you spend loudly proclaiming that most other people are retarded, why are you so surprised and aggrieved that safety measures are needed to protect workers from their own stupidity, forgetfulness or ineptitude? ;o

for the most part these people are working with dangerous machines all day BECAUSE they are not the brightest bulbs

it's just common sense in terms of efficiency and keeping your workers functional to try and mitigate their self-mutilations via some safety equipment and processes

I once grabbed some dude's finger out of a wine pump after he did something stupid

I followed him to the hospital with it but they were unable to re-attach it

he was trained and he knew better but he didn't go through the steps required to make sure it was safe

osha showed up 2 weeks later

A LOTO system wouldn't have stopped you from being a moron. I can walk into just about ANY plant in the world, and within a couple seconds, put my body in some sort of possibly lethal position with a machine. LOTO isn't fucking magic. It doesn't work itself.

You sound like a fucking moron for arguing from this "wow, totally didn't know" point-of-view. Are you a fucking idiot? Do you walk in front of moving vehicles too? Did your boss not give you proper "don't want in front of moving vehicles" lessons? You violated every single common sense rule in the handbook and every single safety rule that has ever existed, let alone LOTO rules. You don't fucking stick your body in machinery that is powered on, or if it even has the possibility of turning on.

Fucking nanny-state nonsense and the cunts who force it into existence.

Dude, fuck off. That's not what I'm arguing at all. I have no intention of going after them for this. I'm just relating to you guys how they are in the process of trying to cover it up.

Dude, fuck off. That's not what I'm arguing at all. I have no intention of going after them for this. I'm just relating to you guys how they are in the process of trying to cover it up.
Of course they're trying to cover it up.

Would you want to lose your fortune or half your company over something stupid?

The problem here is that the LOTO system requires you FOLLOW THE LOTO SYSTEM. It's not some ethereal being hovering over machines that automatically powers them down and locks them down once a human comes in an unsafe range. You can still just walk right up and stick your hand/head in something running in a spot where no safety is tripped.

Not in Australia, machines are guarded and fenced off and safety shutoffs are in place to prevent even morons putting themselves in danger.

Of course they're trying to cover it up.

Would you want to lose your fortune or half your company over something stupid?

Being an asshole like you are is the reason why YOU would lose half of your fortune over this. If you were my employer I would have been moving into your house and moving you onto the street the month after this happened.

Being an asshole like you are is the reason why YOU would lose half of your fortune over this. If you were my employer I would have been moving into your house and moving you onto the street the month after this happened.
I wouldn't hire a fucking retard like you.

You can't even fucking own up to your stupidity. You're playing some sort of coy, faggot woman game where you are so "confused" at how and why they're asking those types of questions. You seem thrilled they're getting fined. That's coming out of you and your coworkers' pay, retard.

I could've raged like that today and every single thing I just posted would still be 100% true.

Little boys that scrape their knees that pretend to be men need to learn to take responsibility for their actions and not look for blame elsewhere.

I wouldn't hire a fucking retard like you.

You can't even fucking own up to your stupidity. You're playing some sort of coy, faggot woman game where you are so "confused" at how and why they're asking those types of questions. You seem thrilled they're getting fined. That's coming out of you and your coworkers' pay, retard.

If I seemed "thrilled" it's because you're a fucking moron. Tell me exactly where I made it seem like I was gleeful that this was happening. Good luck faggot.

I've owned up to my stupidity several times in this thread jackass.

Last edited:
If I seemed "thrilled" it's because you're a fucking moron. Tell me exactly where I made it seem like I was gleeful that this was happening. Good luck faggot.

I've owned up to my stupidity several times in this thread jackass.
Oh lord. :rolleyes: It's like talking to an irrational woman.

At least you posted pictures and progress updates. Cheers for that.

at least...

Jesus man... I literally haven't done any of the things that you're insinuating that I've already done. It's been over a year and I've held to my principles in regard to NOT going after the company... because I blame myself...

So, I don't know what the fuck your beef is with me. Honestly, I really don't care. You can fuck off.

Last edited:
Wow. I bet they have 0 work-place accidents then.

In the type of machinery and manufacturing that Skittlebrew is involved in yes, very few. The only accidents are people who deliberately remove guards or bypass safety devices.

I had one serious incident in the last 6 years, over 60 machines, over 100 employees running them, many of them unskilled.
The only one was a badly cut hand because this dickhead (who was supposed to be a senior technician/section manager) bypassed the safety lock by plugging in a cut off key. I wished the cunt had lost his hand to be honest. He unfortunately did not get sacked either b/c he lied on the incident report. I refused to sign it off as I knew he had bypassed safety, the owner of the company did not want the trouble that would come with admitting what really happened so he buried it and Work Safe never investigated.

Last edited:
at least...

Jesus man... I literally haven't done any of the things that you're insinuating that I've already done. It's been over a year and I've held to my principles in regard to NOT going after the company... because I blame myself...

So, I don't know what the fuck your beef is with me. Honestly, I really don't care. You can fuck off.
I don't have any problem with you. It's not worth the nitpicking of individual sentences.

Maybe I'm just misreading what you're saying in certain posts as veiled fishing attempts for putting blame elsewhere. If so, I stand corrected and apologize. I'll fuck off. No big deal.

Either way, glad to see your hand healed up well.

Back