38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus" by Evil Engineer - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"
Page 8 of 22
dionysus
VeteranX
Old
141 - 09-01-2008, 22:52
That's not true, We boo a-rod pretty hard and he still chokes. :P

Sponsored Links
HybridX
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 09-01-2008, 22:53
omg he's still here...... and he has some TW potential imo, stick around and troll with the rest of us...

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
143 - 09-01-2008, 22:53
i bleed pinstripes and i hate the guy (arod)

stats padding POS

last year was (if you want to call it that) a contract year and oh wow! 50 HR's and 150+ RBIS? good under pressure minus the postseason where we expect you to suck?

shocker!

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
144 - 09-01-2008, 22:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLrAiSr View Post
you were a sleeper on my fantasy baseball draft board until you were deemed useless for the year

**** even you would have been better then verlander...i dropped his ass
Ya, and you were not really a sleeper on this board to make the first "sweet I talked trash to a professional athlete" post.

Tell me what you do/did/don't do for a living so I can make fun of you. Not sure if there is a fantasy draft for people what you do but it's worth a shot.

Cool thing will be to wait until you have a career ending injury then do the macho tough guy post on some obscure internet forum that couldn't have less to do with the topic at hand than tissue paper does to hand grenades.

Putz.

Laundry
VeteranX
Old
145 - 09-01-2008, 22:57
Just make sure there's some Punch-out style boss fights. (Seriously)

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
146 - 09-01-2008, 22:58
Quote:
i bleed pinstripes and i hate the guy (arod)

stats padding POS

last year was (if you want to call it that) a contract year and oh wow! 50 HR's and 150+ RBIS? good under pressure minus the postseason where we expect you to suck?

shocker!
Now it all fits.

Spoken like a man who's never competed, or won, at anything above a hot dog eating contest past high school.

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
147 - 09-01-2008, 22:58
As with most games, I'm not sure what the point is of attacking this project at this point. I know the internet is full of contrarians and it's really cool to hate on this because of schilling, if you're one of those counter culture nerdlings, but honestly the proof will be in the pudding.

They've very obviously assmbled some good talent, and lord knows he's a competitive guy who isn't going to put this much effort into something half assed.

And honestly, at the end of the day, it's going to be released, and a **** load of people are going to love it, another **** load are going to hate it, and there's really not ever going to be a way to be right or wrong, it'll be their spin on how an MMO should be, and for some people it will be a revelation, and for others it'll be a bastardization and they'll go back to leveling another character to the ceiling on WOW

I guess i just don't see the point of *****ing based on a couple of screenshots. Someone new throws their hat into the ring and in a really big way, this seems like something we should generally be excited about.

Full Disclosure: I am the guy who started the dirty water thread, I might not be unbiased on this subject

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
148 - 09-01-2008, 23:01
Do you know where I can obtain HGH?

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
149 - 09-01-2008, 23:02
Ok, I just lol'd hard at Schilling's post.

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
150 - 09-01-2008, 23:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
Now it all fits.

Spoken like a man who's never competed, or won, at anything above a hot dog eating contest past high school.
does it bother you that contract years magically motivate players to do better?

i'm not sure why you are questioning my physical prowess as i can crush rocks with my bare hands. thats not the issue here. my statement was that A) i'm a yankee fan, and B) arods stats this year pale in comparison to last year, when he ultimately earned the largest contract in baseball history.

coincidence?

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
151 - 09-01-2008, 23:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Do you know where I can obtain HGH?
Giambi's locker? Clemens old locker?

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
152 - 09-01-2008, 23:07
I'll have you know I proudly call him "Juice"

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
153 - 09-01-2008, 23:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
Giambi's locker? Clemens old locker?
you forgot pettitte and knoblauch

Laundry
VeteranX
Old
154 - 09-01-2008, 23:08
Ah crap, I better elaborate real quick before this thread degenerates any further.

Right now, MMO (read: WoW) boss fights are stinky bad. Everything is timed. This leads to people sitting in a fight staring at the chat screen where notices are displayed every 5 seconds telling them what to do. ("Boss A uses Attack B in 10 seconds, DPS back off")

Now look at Punch-Out, where fights are based on awareness and acuity. Attacks are random, but can be predicted by visual cues on the part of your opponent. This makes for a much more fun and intense gameplay experience, as the player has to devote that much more attention, and it only takes a couple of mistakes to lose.

Think about it.

gehrig38
Veteran4
Old
155 - 09-01-2008, 23:09
Quote:
does it bother you that contract years magically motivate players to do better?

i'm not sure why you are questioning my physical prowess as i can crush rocks with my bare hands. thats not the issue here. my statement was that A) i'm a yankee fan, and B) arods stats this year pale in comparison to last year, when he ultimately earned the largest contract in baseball history.

coincidence?
Did it ever occur to you that playing 162 games in 180 days, well 190 games in 208 days + post season, against the best players in the world is hard?

You, being a Yankee fan, know I am not a big Arod fan by any stretch. But he's going to retire, likely, as the greatest hitter to ever play. If he does so, and he does so clean, what can you say?

Ernie Banks never won one, yet he might be one of the most beloved men ever, and rightfully so. If you don't like Alex for any number of reasons besides his ability to play the game then cool, but the guy can play baseball, and for the most part better than anyone alive.

Is he someone I am nervous about walking to the plate in October? Not really, but I'd much rather see about 600 other guys than him.

The things he can do with a bat are almost inhuman...

Ok thread derailed....

HeLLrAiSr
VeteranXV
Old
156 - 09-01-2008, 23:10
did you seriously just compare punch out to wow

get off my forum

Laundry
VeteranX
Old
157 - 09-01-2008, 23:11
Quote:
did you seriously just compare punch out to wow

get off my forum
No, idiot. I contrasted punch-out and wow.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
158 - 09-01-2008, 23:12
i didn't notice this thread until it picked up the last few pages but I have to admit this is kind of interesting now that I've actually looked at it.

dionysus
VeteranX
Old
159 - 09-01-2008, 23:12
I have one more question and my de-railing is over...

Is John Kruk really banging Erin Andrews? Come on... John Kruk?

Gringo
VeteranXV
Old
160 - 09-01-2008, 23:13
I'm gay for schilling now. Can we get a subforum where he fends off TW nutjobs spouting off vitriolic comments for no other reason than to play "dunk the celeb" on our forums?

i seem to remember a time where we didnt much care for penny arcade's opinions, and now we're praying to them? nice, glad i missed that memo.

Page 8 of 22

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page 38 studios MMO in development "Copernicus"

Social Website Bullshit