Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Super powerful shots
Page 1 of 2
Rev_Night
WelchesX
Contributor
Old
1 - 01-31-2008, 12:34
how come sometimes in any class i shoot a superpowerful shot? Google says this is something called aggression, but how can i do them on a consistent basis?

Sponsored Links
Skibbi9
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 01-31-2008, 13:48
crits?

Rev_Night
WelchesX
Contributor
Old
3 - 01-31-2008, 14:09
crits? whats a crit?

Ratorasniki
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
4 - 01-31-2008, 14:53
critical hit. it's a random element, you have a chance every time you fire to do bonus damage. In the case of rockets and grenades it also has the added effect of doing full damage throughout the splash radius instead of less as you get far away from it.

crit shots glow the colour of the team that fired it.

Rev_Night
WelchesX
Contributor
Old
5 - 01-31-2008, 14:54
ah, so its random, not skill based?

Ratorasniki
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
6 - 01-31-2008, 15:08
there's no way to force them, but if you go on a long killing streak without dying they can become more frequent.

John the Jammer
VeteranX
Old
7 - 01-31-2008, 16:59
they are gay

Vifoxe
VeteranX
Old
8 - 01-31-2008, 18:15
omfg listen to the frakkin developer's commentary people! The frequency of crits are based on how well you're doing. So if you stay alive a really long time you're going to crit more. Destroy a bunch of buildings, defend a lot of points. Esentially doing **** that gets you in mvp means you're going to crit more.

Ghetto Youf
Veteran4
Old
9 - 02-01-2008, 04:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vifoxe View Post
omfg listen to the frakkin developer's commentary people! The frequency of crits are based on how well you're doing. So if you stay alive a really long time you're going to crit more. Destroy a bunch of buildings, defend a lot of points. Esentially doing **** that gets you in mvp means you're going to crit more.
But sometimes they're just random. You can't tell me that since my third shot in a pub is a crit, it's because I'm doing well, as the game just started.

Vifoxe
VeteranX
Old
10 - 02-01-2008, 10:00
Do me a favor, get a dictionary and look up the work frequency. Then look up the word random. When you fully understand the difference between those two words, please, reply again.

BWarMammoth
VeteranX
Old
11 - 02-01-2008, 12:47
Shut the **** up Vifoxe, crits are gay end of story, having something based off randomness (frequency doesn't matter) in a FPS is ****ing stupid. Stop being a gay ****** and realize that. They ruined their game with it.

Vifoxe
VeteranX
Old
12 - 02-01-2008, 13:43
Do me a favor, get a dictionary and look up the work frequency. Then look up the word random. When you fully understand the difference between those two words, please, reply again.

Again, listen to the developer's commentary. TF2 is all about momentum. The critical hit system is a gameplay mechanic to help those who are doing well to build more momentum. Respawn is also proportional to your performance, in addition respawn on assault maps are generally shorter for offense.

Valve didn't ruin the game, you just fail at comprehending and utilizing their gameplay mechanics.

PS, do me another favor, learn to form an argument that isn't a mishmash of insults and random accusations.

BWarMammoth
VeteranX
Old
13 - 02-01-2008, 16:05
Shut the **** up Vifoxe, crits are gay end of story, having something based off randomness (frequency doesn't matter) in a FPS is ****ing stupid. Stop being a gay ****** and realize that. They ruined their game with it.

John the Jammer
VeteranX
Old
14 - 02-01-2008, 17:15
Crits dont do what they were intended to do then.

Ekos
VeteranX
Old
15 - 02-01-2008, 17:24
bwar your gay!!

floorpunching
VeteranX
Old
16 - 02-01-2008, 17:51
Go play wow if you want some dice rolling elements to **** with your pvp you ****ing ******s

losing to someone because they got something that is luck based even though youre obviously better than them is ****ing stupid

you could be dominating a map, in MVP status, have a 50% CRIT FREQUENCEY and some noob playing soldier can get a lucky rocket and 1 shot you with a crit BECUASE ITS LUCK BASED AND ****ING STUPID

if you disagree take the dicks out of your hands and stop rolling your face across the keyboard and play for real you dirty jew ******s i hope you all get cancer. in the head.

Raven
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 02-01-2008, 17:55
Ekos and Vifoxe shut the **** up.

Ratorasniki
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
18 - 02-01-2008, 18:53
It's almost worth arguing just to get these guys so worked up they pop a blood vessel. The volume of needlessly hostile 'if you disagree, then you are clearly homosexual' arguments, and lack of anything besides telling people they suck dick is a surefire way to sway others to agree with you.

I'm going to say 9 years old.

BWarMammoth
VeteranX
Old
19 - 02-01-2008, 19:57
CLOSE RATORASDICK

Thank you for resorting to calling us young children when in fact we aren't and we have a lot of experience with FPS' in the competition world and realize what random crits can do to a game in the world of skill. Have fun with your broken game.

scandal
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 02-01-2008, 20:10
LOUD NOISES

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Team Fortress 2
Reload this Page Super powerful shots

Social Website Bullshit