Last night's mining operation

Vlasic

Veteran XX
What did my share turn out being? I wasn't there the whole time so I don't expect an equal part, but I did own those pirates!

Vexus kept an actual spreadsheet as we were working. He did an awesome job. Not only did he accurately track shares with people constantly coming and going, but he managed to stay on top of up to 10 miners and kept the cans clean. He also picked up cans in hot systems, risking life and limb. For all his whining (j/k) he did an amazing job. Contact him for your ore share.

I hereby nominate Vexus as the Chief Corporate Hauler... thingie...

Ore shares vs ISK: Corps that do large scale mining ops like this usually divide the ore rather than paying characters ISK. For example a two hour mining op between 3 people took 3 runs to dump the ore. Now imagine 10 people for 5 hours and you start to see it's near impossible for a hauler to "sell" your ore for you. If you mine, have a way to move your ore after the op.

Yeah I figured it would be paid in ore. I don't mind that.

Next time around I'll probably orbit vexus while he's collecting leftovers from belts we've stripped and abandoned so he doesn't get jumped by pirates again.

Sounds like fun. I wanna get in on some group fun let this shortly, but I'm afraid my tiny little frigate isn't up too snuff yet. I'd be happy to help keep watch over haulers and help provide alittle security.

Actually, in the belt we're in, we really don't need security. My miner has a Hvy missile turret and I have 3 combat drones which proved more than a match for the pirates in Jurlesel. Now when we start mining lower sec systems...

I got paid 21.86K in omber 2855 in Golden and 2648 in Silvery. I was there the whole time as well.
I'll post some pictures in a little bit.

So what do I need to be a help in a Mining operation like this. Get myself a Badger (industrial ship) with alot of cargo space?

edit - I have almost 2mil ISK...and was gunna use it to buy a Destroyer...but if I can buy a Badger II and make money quick with it...then I could do that and save up for a cruiser.

Last edited:
Yeah, do haulers make money in this? I have 8500+ cargo hold which could be useful, but if I would make less doing this than trading, not really worth it

Yes, hauler gets equal share with the rest of the group. If the ore doesn't make it to station, it's worthless. Plus he has to divide it up, refine & sell or escrow it to everyone in the group. If you have someone with good refining skills, it may be more profitable for that guy to refine & sell it, and distribute the cash, since you end up with less ore waste on a larger gross.

Ive got refining 4 at the moment, and yeah everyone is buying haulers right now. Would be good to have a hauler for every 5 people or so.

Back