Ulduar

So, people who have downed Freya x3, how did you deal with the Storm Lash (I think that's the spell name) cast by the Storm revanent basically causing people to get 1h'd?

We've only put 2 nights of effort into it (maybe 4.5-5hrs total) but most of our premature deaths are the ~10k hit from the storm lash followed by or following a ground tremor. To us it's seemed like RNG bad luck, but something doesn't seem to me like that is the case and that it's preventable. We have rogues spamming FoK with the interrupt and retardins HoJ'ing as they can but it's stupid that we'll have no deaths til the 3 elemental waves then lose 2-5 people @ ground tremor because of the extra 10k damage they just took.

i'm a feral druid and not on any particular job, so i just pay attention to dps'ing shit, but i think we have dks on water interrupting, rogues + warrs on storm interrupting/stunning, and then a hunter kiting snap in a pretty tight circle around the other adds + freya. it's either dks on water, rogues/warrs on storm, or the other way around. one of those two

edit: just looked at it, we do dk on storm

Last edited:
the water spirit should never be able to get a cast off.

if people are honestly dying to rng (which is unlikely given decent execution) have them put on stamina gear. we had most of the raid using frost resist when we were learning the fight.

the water spirit should never be able to get a cast off.

if people are honestly dying to rng (which is unlikely given decent execution) have them put on stamina gear. we had most of the raid using frost resist when we were learning the fight.
0:05'42.075 Storm Lasher #2 Lightning Lash hits Namaste for 9736 Nature. (1273 Resisted)
0:05'44.555 Freya Ground Tremor hits Namaste for 11880 Physical.

etc etc...

Wow Web Stats

44 counts of Lightning Lash, avg hit 9381 alive for 1min 47secs.

So, Steelbreaker sucks. Listening to him yell all night gives me a headache.

YOU SEEK THE SECRETS OF ULDUAR? THEN TAKE THEM!
SO FRAGILE AND WEAK!

So, people who have downed Freya x3, how did you deal with the Storm Lash (I think that's the spell name) cast by the Storm revanent basically causing people to get 1h'd?

We've only put 2 nights of effort into it (maybe 4.5-5hrs total) but most of our premature deaths are the ~10k hit from the storm lash followed by or following a ground tremor. To us it's seemed like RNG bad luck, but something doesn't seem to me like that is the case and that it's preventable. We have rogues spamming FoK with the interrupt and retardins HoJ'ing as they can but it's stupid that we'll have no deaths til the 3 elemental waves then lose 2-5 people @ ground tremor because of the extra 10k damage they just took.

In 10 man we had a DK on it, yet try it on 25m. We 2 shot two trees, the step up to 3 trees was pretty substantial for us but it was pretty gratifying when we got it down :) Just two more achies and I get my Rusted weeeeeeeeee

To those who are doing Algalon each week:
Are you downing him? How about about getting him below 50%?

Our 10 man is pretty broken right now. We have 2 solid healers, and 1 priest who isn't that great (he's used to raiding as shadow). Our 2 tanks are geared and smart, but our DPS has 1-2 so-so players that you wouldn't want to take to Algalon if you didn't have to (we can't fill a 10 man without picking up people like this).

For two weeks now, our average attempts have gotten him down around 70%, or the first big bang. We have a druid raid heal, a resto shaman and the priest on the tank. I (the resto shaman) find it hard to spend a GCD that isn't a big heal on the tank. Any time I refresh riptide/earth shield/water shield... or move to avoid an inbound cosmic smash, my tank drops dangerously low.

Do you guys have any sort of positioning for this fight to limit movement? I was reviewing some of our attempts, and it looks like I would have a better time healing if the raid stayed on one side of the platform for the fight.

To those who are doing Algalon each week:
Are you downing him? How about about getting him below 50%?

Our 10 man is pretty broken right now. We have 2 solid healers, and 1 priest who isn't that great (he's used to raiding as shadow). Our 2 tanks are geared and smart, but our DPS has 1-2 so-so players that you wouldn't want to take to Algalon if you didn't have to (we can't fill a 10 man without picking up people like this).

Pessi is so-so huh :)

For two weeks now, our average attempts have gotten him down around 70%, or the first big bang. We have a druid raid heal, a resto shaman and the priest on the tank. I (the resto shaman) find it hard to spend a GCD that isn't a big heal on the tank. Any time I refresh riptide/earth shield/water shield... or move to avoid an inbound cosmic smash, my tank drops dangerously low.

For 10 man purposes mainly, resto druids are fucking great because you can have them drop threat reduction talents and close black holes while still healing to leave your dpsers dpsing only. You probably need 3 healers like you already have, but currently Blood DK and Feral druid are the best at tanking Algalon due to the self-healing and avoidance. I'm generally a dps blood DK and I main tank Algalon kills for our 10man group without any problems if that says anything.

He does hit hard, but not that hard in 10man. If you feel like you're the only healer on him at times and can't waste a global, its either your tank getting shit on by not mitigating any damage (either via talents, skill or luck), or your other healers just purely sucking dicks on the side.

Do you guys have any sort of positioning for this fight to limit movement? I was reviewing some of our attempts, and it looks like I would have a better time healing if the raid stayed on one side of the platform for the fight.

We tank Algalon where he is and raid usually at where we entered the room. Obviously we have to strafe and move at times for black holes and cosmic smashes but aside from the dps assigned to kill stars and the resto druid aforementioned to closing the black holes, most of the raid stays put.

In my opinion, the hardest part of this fights are the 1hr timer and the two tanks getting their transitions correctly for taunting and big bangs. If you get to P2, I'm sure you'll 1shot from that point on. Good luck and have fun stormin' the castle.

i would put the druid on the tank and the priest on the raid. a resto druid spamming nourish should be able to do way more healing than either of you and they have some tools to deal with movement.

if the tank keeps dying it's pretty obvious what the problem is.

i would put the druid on the tank and the priest on the raid. a resto druid spamming nourish should be able to do way more healing than either of you and they have some tools to deal with movement.

if the tank keeps dying it's pretty obvious what the problem is.

Why would you do that when they said the priest is usually shadow and isn't great at healing? That doesn't help at all, only makes the healing worse.

We had our off tank closing black holes when he wasn't needed to taunt off the MT. Our MT is a Prot Warrior, with a prot pally OT. As for positions, I was thinking of something like this:

alg_positoins.jpg

have the tank/dps in the middle, and fall back to the purple section when avoiding cosmic smash. the other colours are where the respective healers would be... and I guess have ranged dps anywhere.

Algalon down 25man... Strange situation though.

Last Sunday, we get Algalon to 3% and even a little below it, he turns red as the timer runs out and kills the raid.

Today, he turned neutral and gave us the chest eventhough his hp is HIGHER than when he left on Sunday.

Kind of lame :(.

Algalon down 25man... Strange situation though.

Last Sunday, we get Algalon to 3% and even a little below it, he turns red as the timer runs out and kills the raid.

Today, he turned neutral and gave us the chest eventhough his hp is HIGHER than when he left on Sunday.

Kind of lame :(.

Wait so Algalon is like a keeper in you don't kill him, but get him down to x% before he goes neutral, spews out some dialogue, and gives you a lootable chest?

/chuckle

Eyonix said:
After further discussion, we decided not to remove the rusted and ironbound proto-drake rewards for the normal and heroic Glory of the Ulduar Raider meta achievements when patch 3.2, Call of the Crusade, launches, and currently have no plans to remove them in the foreseeable future. However, we will continue to evaluate the situation and if a decision is made to remove these rewards at any point in the future, we'll provide a one month warning so players will have time to make some final attempts.

So maybe bads like me have a chance at an ironbound proto-drake after all. :p:

Back