Ulduar

you're probably looking for easy 25 man hard modes, but 10 man general hard mode is a joke if you have a regular 10 man group. council/hodir/thorim are good starting points for 25 man hard modes. so is xt. xt will be an introduction to learning to move to the right spot when you have debuffs, if you have players who are bad at that.

and as far as i know, general does all his shit while the animus is out. on 10 man he might not surge, but in 25 i think he keeps doing everything. so you need to keep interrupting and all that

and yes. 25 man mimiron hard mode is a ball buster. it's a fun fight though

you're probably looking for easy 25 man hard modes, but 10 man general hard mode is a joke if you have a regular 10 man group. council/hodir/thorim are good starting points for 25 man hard modes. so is xt. xt will be an introduction to learning to move to the right spot when you have debuffs, if you have players who are bad at that.

and as far as i know, general does all his shit while the animus is out. on 10 man he might not surge, but in 25 i think he keeps doing everything. so you need to keep interrupting and all that

and yes. 25 man mimiron hard mode is a ball buster. it's a fun fight though
We've already done XT and Thorim Hard Modes.

I Have a question for Hodir Hard Mode. I'm a mage so I tend to have a shit load of threat issues on this fight and the fucking tanks blame me on that fight and it's getting fucking annoying. What are your tanks doing to hold threat, our 10 man does NOT run with a hunter or a Rogue so misdirects and ToT are out. I figure it's going to be even more of an issue when I'm going for a speed kill and I can't go invis.

Well, Hodir is tauntable...Unless you're pulling threat every few seconds, it won't be a problem. When the tank taunts, it will bring him up to your threat level, and there will be another 30% buffer.

I'd imagine a good way to do this would be the tank would taunt, and a paladin hand of salv's you.

Last edited:
if your tank has good tps and you're still pulling, you should take a second and watch omen/the in game threat meter. if you get the crit buff, then get a few crits all in a row, take a second off and let him either taunt if you've passed him w/o pulling, or let him just gain a little ground again so that another crit wouldn't set you over the top

if your tank doesn't have good tps, try and work w/ them on rotations or whatever, maybe getting a little more hit/exp in their gear set for the fight, then go from there

but yeah, salv and taunting can help out too

I dunno wtf happened tonight but our melee got instagibbed my the Chain Lightning on Thorim. We've never had that problem before, we might have ran with 1 or 2 extra melee this time (7+4tanks I think) but this shit is just annoyingly gay.

Last edited:
if your tank has good tps and you're still pulling, you should take a second and watch omen/the in game threat meter. if you get the crit buff, then get a few crits all in a row, take a second off and let him either taunt if you've passed him w/o pulling, or let him just gain a little ground again so that another crit wouldn't set you over the top

if your tank doesn't have good tps, try and work w/ them on rotations or whatever, maybe getting a little more hit/exp in their gear set for the fight, then go from there

but yeah, salv and taunting can help out too
IDK about taking a second off for hard mode.

And our tank is still in process of taking off pieces of FR gear, he takes some off each week.

We shall see what happens :)

Hardmode Hodir down. I also found out that we're still the only Horde guild that has killed Yogg (easy mode).

Edit: Looks like we just beat the FL nerfs. And another Horde guild finally killed Yogg.

Last edited:
I dunno wtf happened tonight but our melee got instagibbed my the Chain Lightning on Thorim. We've never had that problem before, we might have ran with 1 or 2 extra melee this time (7+4tanks I think) but this shit is just annoyingly gay.

Happens all the time. Split the melee up on the legs. Even then, one or two may take instagibs on the third and fourth jump of Thorims CL.

Even then it's better to have 1-2 deaths instead of a melee wipe.

We ran 3 DKs, 2 rogues, 1 enh shaman, 1 prot paladin, 1 prot warrior, 1 feral druid last night. 9 melee, 2 tanks in front, rest split up, and we still lost a melee with 3 on one leg and 4 on other leg (the enh shaman died because of CL in the group with 4 melee).

I don't see any way to avoid this other than to bring less melee, which is kind of stupid.

we do three stacks, not two. rarely have a problem except for ppl being stupid. generally have 2-3 rogues/feral in the center back, 2-3 dk on back left, 2-3 warr/enh/ret on back right. that's more melee than your 7 dps. you could break that down into 2 + 3 + 2 or something

if your ppl are just getting gibbed cause of too many in their stack, that's one thing. but if it's cause ppl are moving, one thing you might consider trying is we have our rogues all feint each lightning pie and our dks just eat it w/ ams. that might help prevent the movement that would lead to chaining

Back