[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

the dems are close to caving - its becoming ever more apparent their position is pointless. after the dems lose this battle the left is going to splinter more into progressive crazy cat lady parties

the dems are close to caving - its becoming ever more apparent their position is pointless. after the dems lose this battle the left is going to splinter more into progressive crazy cat lady parties

I really see no reason why the democrats would change their position. There is no political pressure from the left to construct a wall, and if Trump and McConnell want to die on this hill why wouldn't the dems keep giving them more rope?

No one outside Trumps base could possibly spin this as a dem shutdown, the spending bill had broad bipartisan support. So who are the democrats worried about upsetting politically by staying the course? Trumps base?

I really see no reason why the democrats would change their position. There is no political pressure from the left to construct a wall, and if Trump and McConnell want to die on this hill why wouldn't the dems keep giving them more rope?

No one outside Trumps base could possibly spin this as a dem shutdown, the spending bill had broad bipartisan support. So who are the democrats worried about upsetting politically by staying the course? Trumps base?

LOL you're a fucking idiot

Regale me with the reasons why the dems would bail Trump out of this then? Polls show most people blame Trump, not the democrats and most people who support the wall dont support shutting down the government over it.

So the democrats have what political incentive to back down?

if you want to argue in this thread you really need to spend a bit more time here

you're not really occupying the same reality as most of the MAGA posters

Did that event suddenly invalidate all statistical science? But no these are not estimates or predictions they are just polls. And even if they were wildly inaccurate, political parties still use them to guide decision making.

So why would the democrats be feeling pressure to change their position?

Regale me with the reasons why the dems would bail Trump out of this then? Polls show most people blame Trump, not the democrats and most people who support the wall dont support shutting down the government over it.

So the democrats have what political incentive to back down?

Who people blame is irrelevant. People want their services. They want their paychecks. Pressure builds from the bottom up, not the top down. It's a small sum of money they're playing political chicken over. As the delays increase, it's not just one political party receiving phone calls from angry constituents.

chicken isn't really the best metaphor, is it?

it's more like fatty mcfat is having a tantrum and holding everything hostage until he gets what he wants - and most people know that's the case

and :flag: doesn't negotiate with terrorists

It cuts both ways. Democrats are holding everything hostage over 5 billion to prevent any semblance of a win for Trump. People don't like having services and salaries withheld over a talking point.

Who people blame is irrelevant. People want their services. They want their paychecks. Pressure builds from the bottom up, not the top down. It's a small sum of money they're playing political chicken over. As the delays increase, it's not just one political party receiving phone calls from angry constituents.

How is it irrelevant? Yes people are suffering as a result of the shutdown, but who they blame for their situation is incredibly relevant to the political calculus that is taking place right now. That is why Trump has made a complete 180 from "I will be the one to shut it down--I’m not going to blame you for it." to 24/7 trying to brand this a democrat party shutdown.

Right now people mostly blame Trump for the shutdown. Maybe the political winds will change in the future, but for now, the pressure is on the GOP--those phone calls are mostly hitting their desks.

The democrats have all the more reason to allow the shutdown to continue, because people are mostly blaming the GOP for it the pressure is actually on the GOP to cave, and if they cave on this issue after going all in with a historic government shutdown...it will look awful for them.

Last edited:
It cuts both ways. Democrats are holding everything hostage over 5 billion to prevent any semblance of a win for Trump. People don't like having services and salaries withheld over a talking point.

but I thought the dems had attempted to reopen the govt a bunch of times only to be blocked by this McConnell dude?

or is the liberal media lying to us about that too?

Because you're acting like people must decide between blaming one or the other instead of holding both accountable. You're acting like people will call the President to register their complaints instead of their local congressman. You're acting like most districts are coin flips on an electoral map. You're acting like people don't expect Democrats to be the party that protects their benefits. The longer it continues, the more people are deprived of their benefits, the more concerned they become. Most americans don't have $500 in savings, they live paycheck to paycheck. They need food stamps to eat. They will call, and they will scream. "Do something!" they will shout. "I need my medicine! I need my food! I need my money! NOT TOMORROW! NOW!" They will not accept "sorry we don't want to allocate .1% of the budget towards some fencing because then Trump will say he got the wall!" They will demand that everyone, Republicans and Democrats alike, do what is required to get things turned back on. Make concessions, negotiate, or we'll vote in people who will.

but I thought the dems had attempted to reopen the govt a bunch of times only to be blocked by this McConnell dude?

or is the liberal media lying to us about that too?

Republicans want 5 billion for wall funding. Democrats aren't including it. Republicans have a specific demand that's not being met, and Democrats are refusing to put it on the table. Two sides.

The difference between the Trump and Obama shutdowns is that the GOP 'resistance' to Obama was a fake act to sell voters on. They(Paul Ryan, etc) folded like a cheap suit once they decided they had convinced enough retard republican voters they were standing up for them.

LOL you're a fucking idiot

No. He's exactly right. It's no secret the Dems have put forth half a dozen bills to reopen the government. And McConnell continues to disallow then.

McConnell can call the votes whatever he wants. Everyone knows this shutdown is on Trump.

Trump owns the shutdown, and no matter how much reeeeeeing he does on Twitter, he's not fooling anyone.

Except maybe you havax. You still think you're getting a wall.

:lol:

Back