You raff yuo roose v.3871

DmVa46vW0AAv80I.jpg

bold strategy

J.K. Rowling Blasts 'Racist' Serena Newspaper Cartoon

A newspaper in Australia is catching A LOT of heat over a cartoon that was trying to spoof Serena Williams' incident at the U.S. Open -- because it's racist as hell.

The cartoon -- drawn by Mark Knight (editorial cartoonist for the Herald Sun newspaper) -- shows the tennis superstar stomping on her racket.

But, let's get serious, it looks like a Jim Crow-era, Sambo-style caricature of a black person -- not Serena Williams.

The cartoon has been blasted by athletes and celebs including J.K. Rowling who said, "Well done on reducing one of the greatest sportswomen alive to racist and sexist tropes and turning a second great sportswoman into a faceless prop."

ESPN's Jemele Hill noted the racism is "About as subtle as Fran Drescher’s voice."

So far, it doesn't seem like the Herald Sun is backing down -- they retweeted the image and haven't pulled it.

At least, not yet.

As we reported ... Serena was penalized several times during Saturday's U.S. Open finals match against Naomi Osaka. Serena went off on the judge claiming he was a "thief" who stole a point from her.

The judge then penalized Serena a game for the "verbal abuse." Williams continued to go off on the guy to other tournament officials claiming the judge would never treat a man that way.

:rofl:

imo that is a courtroom sketch artist depiction of what happened

only racist people are ones thinking this isn't what happened

this isn't what she looks like

Oh no the cartoonist lives in Australia

How long until he is convicted of felony hate crimes and cyber abuse as 'experts' have determined his cartoon is racist.

Luckily his bosses at the news paper told all the social media warriors to go fuck themselves.

Something along the lines of manufactured outrage.

looks like tmz deleted my post. lol.

First mistake was drawing a female. Can't draw a female - ever!
Second mistake was drawing a black person. Can't draw a black person - ever!

Third mistake was making fun of a black female. The only people you can make fun of these days, are white males. All other are 'off limits'.

When everything can be considered a 'civil rights' issue, everything can be considered racist/sexist.

Personally... I just forwarded this over to every forum I am on. Not because the drawing was funny, but because of the reaction it created from the emotionally retarded.

Good job Aussies. Keep em coming.

Back