tribes gold

hahahah, also beta starts on friday inTERESTING

any tools here getting actually spending money to test this **** sandwich

Sponsored Links
voidedone
VeteranX
Old
7662 - 10-11-2011, 10:41
The Countdown to Beta clock says 3 days on that page, but the other page says 24 days. WTF? Also the link icons disappear when I hover them.

They couldn't even get a good webpage guy?

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7663 - 10-11-2011, 10:42
the webpage guy is also in charge of the skiing code... come on now

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
7664 - 10-11-2011, 10:43
have you seen their forums? they obviously don't have a web guy (or they do and he/she sucks) - they really need a talented designer

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
7665 - 10-11-2011, 10:44
i'm a sucker and bought it....even though i'm already in beta (whoops did i say that) - because i'm a glutton for punishment...but when i did purchase it, it sad this:

"Once the beta begins, you will have VIP access to the game, a 30-Day Active Booster, and 800 Tribes Gold."

that better not mean i just purchased credits for beta....wtf

and such a minor point, but calling it Tribes Gold just shows HiRez's lack of creativity.

kyuss
K-U-R-T
Old
7666 - 10-11-2011, 10:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidedone View Post
The Countdown to Beta clock says 3 days on that page, but the other page says 24 days. WTF? Also the link icons disappear when I hover them.

They couldn't even get a good webpage guy?
yeah, it's like one big screen shot, but the "buy now" button works!

i clicked expecting to be taken to some kind of detailed info page, but it just goes right to the order process.

SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
7667 - 10-11-2011, 10:45
I will be ordering on Friday.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7668 - 10-11-2011, 10:46
someone change small kiwi's title to "permanent tool ^ 5"

voidedone
VeteranX
Old
7669 - 10-11-2011, 10:50
I will be ordering Friday as well.

Durak, your trolling of this thread is uncreative and boring. There is plenty to hate about their design choices yet you actually pick the wrong things to be upset about.
You bore me.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7670 - 10-11-2011, 10:55
what a bunch of suckers

damn near paying full regular off the shelf price for beta and they are still gonna have to pay for loadouts lol

SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
7671 - 10-11-2011, 10:59
Well I may be a sucker, but I am entering this agreement knowing full well that what I am paying for is a chance to play beta sooner. I don't have a problem with it - I have been waiting for this very opportunity for some time.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7672 - 10-11-2011, 11:00
brilliant making idiots like void PAY to beta test their product

who needs a QA department when you have idiots like that around

voidedone
VeteranX
Old
7673 - 10-11-2011, 11:06
I pre-order many games to get into beta. It's a pretty common thing in the online gaming world.

I will sure as **** do it for a new Tribes game. Even if Tribalwars jaded posters have their panties in a wad because it's not exactly how they envision things should be.

Also, $30 isn't a lot of money to me. 3/5 to 1/2 of the "regular" price of a game to also get into beta and some other **** (GOLD!OMG).

(edit_I will also provide A++ feedback on their gamesystems that actually don't work once I have tried them.)

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7674 - 10-11-2011, 11:06
uh the game is free, you're not actually pre-ordering it

it's also the principle

vote with your wallet, if like me you don't like the direction the game is going dont give them any of your money until they change what they are doing

voidedone
VeteranX
Old
7675 - 10-11-2011, 11:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durak View Post
uh the game is free, you're not actually pre-ordering it

it's also the principle

vote with your wallet, if like me you don't like the direction the game is going dont give them any of your money until they change what they are doing
I'm paying to play it early, provide feedback they will listen to, and I also get credits for load outs in the future. I am assuming the 800 gold is enough for quite a bit of stuff and loadouts aren't 800 each.

I'm pretty sure your feedback of not purchasing it at all and just being a snarky little forum poster will get their attention though.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7676 - 10-11-2011, 11:13
Quote:
Even if Tribalwars jaded posters have their panties in a wad because it's not exactly how they envision things should be.
not exactly how they envision things should be? mother****er, this travesty is no where NEAR anything resembling tribes. have you even been paying attention to what they've done?

i swear, some people just have no pride. me? i'm insulted at what they've done to the greatest game i've ever played that no other game even comes close to comparing to after all these years.

will i try the free version? most likely.

will i be disappointed? most likely.

Quote:
provide feedback they will listen to

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7677 - 10-11-2011, 11:16
i'm pretty sure in the normal business world if a company's product isn't generating revenue they would get the point that they need to change the product

what world do you live in exactly?

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
7678 - 10-11-2011, 11:18
Quote:
I'm paying to play it early, provide feedback they will listen to

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
7679 - 10-11-2011, 11:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
you can pre-order it now for $29.99

Tribes Ascend Beta

The Tribes: Ascend VIP Starter Pack (29.99 USD, 24.99 EUR, 19.99 GBP) includes:

VIP Status (Value: $20 USD)
800 Tribes Gold (Value: $10 USD)
30-Day Booster (Value: $15 USD)
Admission to Beta (Value: Priceless!)
Tribes Gold? Time limited boosters? WTF?

I thought the idea was that you just had to buy the loadouts and you'd have the whole game...

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
7680 - 10-11-2011, 11:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
not exactly how they envision things should be? mother****er, this travesty is no where NEAR anything resembling tribes. have you even been paying attention to what they've done?

i swear, some people just have no pride. me? i'm insulted at what they've done to the greatest game i've ever played that no other game even comes close to comparing to after all these years.

will i try the free version? most likely.

will i be disappointed? most likely.

void sounds like a guy who pays full price for every CoD release and its many clones and then complains that there are too many modern shooters out there

Page 384 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay