Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fusion power? YOU BET!
Page 16 of 33
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
301 - 10-15-2010, 09:53
this thread again? this thread just gets bumped but it's been around for a while YOU ****ING DICK

wowbanger, i'm unsure. it sounds almost like the farnsworth grid but maybe instead of with piping...just ionized atom streams or something?

Sponsored Links
arsin
Veteran++
Old
302 - 10-15-2010, 12:31
Let this thread die Goshin. You're raising false hopes amongst the supplicants to the God of High Tech, the Data's, the VonTed's, the apollod's, the Doc's of TW. You're offering hope where there is none. I'm here to unequivocally CRUSH the fantasy, again. : Let's quickly review that status of the three types of reactors.

Tokamat - First Great Hope.
Billions spent over almost 40 years of research, project cancelled.

ITER - Last Great Hope.
Global effort here, leading physicists from around the planet are cashing in. Unfortunately there is several unattainable technical hurdles to overcome. Spending may scandalously double to $20 Billion by 2020 if the Ivory Coat crowd gets it's way. Else the project will be canned, due to said unachievable technical hurdles. Physicists will have to look for more mundane problems to chew on.

Polywell - New Last Great Hope.
Hasn't been tried yet but "It will work, but we can't raise $200 million to make it happen."

I'm not an expert so did I miss anything?

Spoiler

Last edited by arsin; 10-15-2010 at 12:47..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
303 - 10-15-2010, 12:52
you're missing a lot

tokamak is ITER, the billions spent and 40 years of research are one and the same.
ITER probably wont work.

Polywell has had 7 experiments that 'work'. Navy is completing the 8th may '11. If it is a success, the math holds true and a $200 million DC powerplant is just a decade from fruition.

I could get more detailed but i dont feel like it

arsin
Veteran++
Old
304 - 10-15-2010, 13:50
I'm sure I am, I'm not an expert on this either. Just a civi calling BS on another fraud perp'd by our intelligentsia.

So the Navy is all hush-hush about this, "momentous things are happening!11!" "We need secretiveness here since America's Securitar is at risk!11!"

Fusion powered Aricraft Carriers man I bet you could hand a 1000 waterskiers behind that ****. That would be cool, America, Fuk yea!

def
VeteranXX
Old
305 - 10-15-2010, 14:02
what about lawrence livermore's thingy

edit: this thingy: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201..._facility.html

Last edited by def; 10-15-2010 at 14:08..
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
306 - 10-15-2010, 14:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
this thread again? this thread just gets bumped but it's been around for a while YOU ****ING DICK

wowbanger, i'm unsure. it sounds almost like the farnsworth grid but maybe instead of with piping...just ionized atom streams or something?

On paper, the idea makes using nuclear energy to heat water look antiquated. I'm just wondering if we've been able to get it work in reality.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
307 - 10-15-2010, 14:10
regarding this:
National Ignition Facility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
no doubt?
There's a post in here related to it. Lemme find it.

posts concerning that tech:
Fusion power? YOU BET! by Goshin - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Fusion power? YOU BET! by Goshin - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
308 - 10-15-2010, 14:23
Can someone find a video montage of all the failed rocket launches before Sputnik and Explorer 1 were put into orbit? I'd say it's the best response to give to arsin.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
309 - 10-15-2010, 15:02
This thread made me realize I just school past all arsin posts anyway so it would just save me time to have him on ignore.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
310 - 10-15-2010, 15:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
This thread made me realize I just school past all arsin posts anyway so it would just save me time to have him on ignore.
Between this thread and the YAL-1 thread I am close to ignoring him. His ignorance/trolling is mind boggling.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
311 - 10-15-2010, 15:16
fusion, not space suilenroc

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
312 - 10-15-2010, 15:18
None of these projects affect arsin as he's canadian and lives in canada and doesn't pay US taxes.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
313 - 10-15-2010, 15:27
fun enough, they will affect him greatly if any one of them succeeds
but most of the world wont give credit where it's due and call america ****ing jackasses
forever

hooray

arsin
Veteran++
Old
314 - 10-15-2010, 15:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suilenroc View Post
Can someone find a video montage of all the failed rocket launches before Sputnik and Explorer 1 were put into orbit? I'd say it's the best response to give to arsin.
Try reading the posts about the "insurmountable technical hurdles" and get back to me. iirc pg's 11-13 summate the hoax of fusion power in this century.

Last edited by arsin; 10-15-2010 at 15:57..
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
315 - 10-15-2010, 15:30
I hope it is successful because if it is you will see a profound shift away from carbon based fuels as more plants are built and our grid is upgraded.

Electric cars in every driveway before I die could be possible.

Detroit and Indianapolis could become to the new battery capitals of the world as they have already built several new plants for Lithium Ion production. Just need to keep working on increasing energy density of the batteries.

<_GroveR_>
VeteranXX
Old
316 - 10-15-2010, 15:30
I love how arsin comes in and tells us what a layman he is, but then acts as though his opinions and "research" are somehow more valid than someone else's. This is, of course, all the while putting more smilies per capita than any other poster on TW.

Also, sweet signature bro!!1!11

Last edited by <_GroveR_>; 10-15-2010 at 15:34..
Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
317 - 10-15-2010, 16:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
fusion, not space suilenroc
Yes I know which thread I'm posting in. One might consider a few exploded rockets a waste of tax money, too, but where would we be had those projects been halted?

Sp!nfusor Salad
VeteranX
Old
318 - 10-15-2010, 16:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Our own sun has an iron core, correct?

EDIT: If I am reading this site right our sun did not make iron. It came from previous stars in the area.

Curious About Astronomy: What elements make up the Sun?
yea no ****

i never said our sun made the iron in its own core... That came indeed from our sun's 'Father'

What i was saying is that your average star while DYING will create elements up to iron during its violent death.

Elements AFTER iron are created in much larger and rarer super Nova.

our sun is so small i doubt its even capable of making iron while dying...

So quit being a dick**** and screwing with my words.

wtf jackass.

Last edited by Sp!nfusor Salad; 10-15-2010 at 16:33..
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
319 - 10-15-2010, 18:57
I have to laugh any time arsin "contributes" to technology threads.

The guy is such a total moron...

arsin
Veteran++
Old
320 - 10-16-2010, 10:06
I laugh too at the absurd being sold off as do-able, "give me ur monies."

So the fusion experiment, which started a fusion reaction for a billionth of a second required "500 times the entire energy output of the United States of America at any given moment" to initiate.

Does anyone have an idea how much energy is required to initiate a sustainable fusion reaction?

Page 16 of 33

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fusion power? YOU BET!

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
chrisperger johnson , goshin , goshin fucks men , goshin is unhappy irl , goshin science lesson , shirtless fatty , shit thread shit poster , tokamak is best