how much $ per year is considered a good paying job?

rayn, what are your thoughts on maxing out after tax 401k and rolling over to roth (mega backdoor roth)? it seems like it's clearly a net benefit in terms of taxes paid, but then the money is less liquid.
If the funds are intended for retirement it's pretty much a no-brainer. Roth space is golden, and you'd likely have access to the money if you ever truly needed it prior to retirement. Your employer may grant hardship withdrawals, and if you're unemployed you could roll it to a Roth IRA then access it.

This assumes you've exhausted your pre-tax contribution amounts though.If you're making enough for the mega-backdoor to be an option, then the tax deduction is probably still awesome.

ya

hardship withdrawal is different and has some easily-attainable qualifications and you'd probably be able to make it work with any sort of emergency that prompted the need in the first place (medical, foreclosure etc.)

buying an Exige isn't on the list tho

In the end money buys happiness. Unless you go off grid. Truth. Sucks. But truth

For you, maybe.

I don't think money buys anyone happiness, although I think it sure helps a hell of a lot.

Again, some people don't care about how much they make, have, or buy. They are perfectly content being "poor" or living cheap lives and doing what they enjoy. Can you not relate to people who aren't exactly like you?

If the funds are intended for retirement it's pretty much a no-brainer. Roth space is golden, and you'd likely have access to the money if you ever truly needed it prior to retirement. Your employer may grant hardship withdrawals, and if you're unemployed you could roll it to a Roth IRA then access it.

This assumes you've exhausted your pre-tax contribution amounts though.If you're making enough for the mega-backdoor to be an option, then the tax deduction is probably still awesome.

Does it matter if I do in-service withdrawals or just wait for a withdrawal event (e.g. leaving the company)? I can likely rollover the full amount of after-tax 401k money in either scenario, right?

what is limited? the amount i can withdraw? the amount i can rollover from after tax to roth ira? neither of those limits would make sense. there should only be a limit on the amount i can contribute to the 401k.

i know a couple in i-banking that clears a mil a year and they don't even throw their shit in index funds, it just sits in a savings account

i know a couple in i-banking that clears a mil a year and they don't even throw their shit in index funds, it just sits in a savings account

If I was able to do that a simple dividend fund would make enough for me to live a very comfortable life with two or three homes. Fuck work.

EDIT: Shiiiiiiiiiiiit you guys are posting slow.

If I was able to do that a simple dividend fund would make enough for me to live a very comfortable life with two or three homes. Fuck work.

EDIT: Shiiiiiiiiiiiit you guys are posting slow.

i figure its kind of like how chefs probably don't go home and cook up fancy meals for themselves. at the end of the day even index funds have risk and money is probably the last thing they want to think about in their spare time

isnt it 5k IRA and 18k 401k in a year?
and if you roll either into a Roth version, you have a taxable event for the amount you roll over, regardless when it was put into the regular version?

For you, maybe.

I don't think money buys anyone happiness, although I think it sure helps a hell of a lot.

Again, some people don't care about how much they make, have, or buy. They are perfectly content being "poor" or living cheap lives and doing what they enjoy. Can you not relate to people who aren't exactly like you?

so wait.......after all the crying in the other thread you are saying that there isn't a poverty cycle now?

LMAO

u don't know wtf u are saying

and the more you talk the more you can prove that

and somehow this is the only thing you can prove over and over again

Back