PU night changes

The reality is, there are only a couple of true tier 1's that even still show up, and they are likely borderline tier 1's if we're picking from an all time list. Most are tier 3-5 and lower with a few tier 2's sprinkled in. It has been making for some p shitty PU play and even worse pubs. Good games are still possible, it's just competition on a much lower level, and you'll almost always have one or two people carrying the rest of the team.

Most of the current players aren't really interested in learning positions. They'd rather just complain that they don't get picked. No shit, Nancy. Then you have the people who are too full of themselves to take advice because they think they already know everything tribes. I'm not going to name names, but there are a few players who could be FAR better players if they'd just remove their heads from their asses, recognize they are not nearly as good as their delusions tell them, and soak in some friendly advice.

We really just need to cross our fingers and hope summer brings some better players back.

Also, Dare is right. We do need some constructive evaluations for people. But we also need people to understand that there IS room for improvement and not just be stubborn know-it-alls.

only once by thorin (with the help of fett im guessing) on twl

and it was for a draft

ive done bullet point trash impressions of it but never full paragraph constructive comedy like they did

i think it could easily be franchised if tw ever became an esports betting website or if they did a twitch tv show.

The reality is, there are only a couple of true tier 1's that even still show up, and they are likely borderline tier 1's if we're picking from an all time list. Most are tier 3-5 and lower with a few tier 2's sprinkled in. It has been making for some p shitty PU play and even worse pubs. Good games are still possible, it's just competition on a much lower level, and you'll almost always have one or two people carrying the rest of the team.

Most of the current players aren't really interested in learning positions. They'd rather just complain that they don't get picked. No shit, Nancy. Then you have the people who are too full of themselves to take advice because they think they already know everything tribes. I'm not going to name names, but there are a few players who could be FAR better players if they'd just remove their heads from their asses, recognize they are not nearly as good as their delusions tell them, and soak in some friendly advice.

We really just need to cross our fingers and hope summer brings some better players back.

Also, Dare is right. We do need some constructive evaluations for people. But we also need people to understand that there IS room for improvement and not just be stubborn know-it-alls.

lol ya but never chase as home d!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!1 /s

This is pro only move and very, very situational. If you do not possess tier1 awareness never attempt this in anything but a pub.

wtf is tier 1 awareness LOL is that when i misspell words in game chat and some cube farm elitist calls me stupid idfk rofl

tbh i never needed cheats to be g00d and neither did u, and getting labeled a cheater when i wasnt a cheater by pacachutec a ventrillo bully just made me cheat in public and own every stacked team i played against more than i usually do without for a couple weeks, i saved the demos to show the difference and build awareness

if that gave me a permanent label its their loss im still gonna enjoy video games and so should every1 else.

f413a3783776f60b6e36f5dc3f7ff7b7.png

dont make it exclusionary if ur gonna point out ppls weaknesses make it funny (and try not to make it funny at their expense but situationally funny) if ur gonna be cutting make sure it counts for the greater good just my 2cents to avoid another rtcll "my icq friendslist" list

k thanks ill check out the midair sub-forum for any changes seems like both games are pretty lame then??

There are select few players that I will be mean to - and they are either deserving of it, or they probably don't check forum anyway.

red, odio, and gio's will be mean because I don't like them, and the feeling is mutual. Chaka, VAV, liteflower, ezone, etc will be brutally honest, and probably funny. If they check this forum, I urge them to learn the game more to get better analysis.

I'm a writer IRL - not making money off it, but maybe some day. So I'm going to take it somewhat seriously, and as high quality as I have the motivation for.

k thanks ill check out the midair sub-forum for any changes seems like both games are pretty lame then??

midair could be a t1 clone (and theyve probably tested settings exactly like t1) but they arent going in that direction which is sad but hey what else is new

i figure if ppl organize and demand some ez to make changes (like no happymod, better ground/walk/jump agility, beacon hops, no reload, no flag shooting, better passing, a bit slower more leading disk, make pft and interpolate public - netset drama all over again, etc) ud have a very standardized LT/t1 tribes game that would last forever

unfortunately ppl dont like doing shit like that and midair is trying to be shootmania in a quake market

Last edited:
Ive dueled you in arghs ill let him know how "good" you are....

0-45 never forget

You're so much better than me,
I don't even deserve to be playing the same games as you.

Spoiler

Last edited:
Back