[SO] The government is shut down...

That sucks, but there were similar anecdotes trotted out about why we needed Obamacare in the first place. Again your situation doesn't sound like something that wasn't happening prior to the ACA, and I was curious if people had more thorough explanations of how the ACA is the direct cause of the current rise in insurance costs over the cost increases that were occurring prior to the passing of the ACA.

I have no idea, just offering up a personal glimpse of what its doing to my family. Right now, its an 8% increase over what I was paying, and in-line with previous medical increases, but then again, I haven't figured out how much vision/dental is going to cost me to get to a final number. I'm guessing I'll probably be more like a 20-25% jump (this year).

You think the DJIA is an accurate measurement of how the economy is doing?

more specifically...

You think a 4 hour performance of the DJIA is an accurate measurement of the impact government policies/behaviors have on the economy?

:ftard:

It's not having much impact. Now if you put Bernanke out there and he says "We're going to end the QE program immediately" watch the DJIA drop like a rock. The last few times that it was suggested that the fed would taper the QE, the DJIA dropped very quickly only to recover when he said it was going to continue. yay we love play money!

I am paying $1458 for 80/20 right now, with vision and dental included.

Under Obamacare (when Cobra runs out) I will be paying $1500/yr more, have a higher out-of-pocket expense per person, and lose vision/dental. Oh, and Medicare tax goes up. I also lose our current doctors from my understanding.

Do you actually believe that w/o Obamacare that your health insurance would not go up after cobra run outs? You can't be that stupid.

...and yet there are plenty of people on the right who talk about it being free while paying over $1,000/year extra on their own premiums to pay for the uninsured.

I never figured how many them pay something was worse than them paying nothing...

I don't know what you are tying to say here?

It's not having much impact. Now if you put Bernanke out there and he says "We're going to end the QE program immediately" watch the DJIA drop like a rock. The last few times that it was suggested that the fed would stop tapering, the DJIA dropped very quickly only to recover when he said it was going to continue. yay we love play money!

People that use the DJIA as a current indicator of the economy or changes in the DJIA as some sort of indicator of government policies are stupid and have no idea what they're talking about.

no, but i bet it really sucks b/c it's government health care

these people are old and we really need to do a better job of getting them decent health coverage

You know rates are set by insurance companies, not Obamacare? They also change depending on where you live.

Do you know why the republicans have paid for commercials to try to convince younger people not to participate?

Do you actually believe that w/o Obamacare that your health insurance would not go up after cobra run outs? You can't be that stupid.

Funny you should mention that. I can switch RIGHT NOW (well, in 15 days) and I'd actually go down in costs, and I keep vision/dental (although braces won't be covered anymore), except those rates will only run till 12/31/2013.

Can't generate a personal quote for 2014.

Hour 14 after the government shutdown.

Food is running scarce. There are bodies in the streets. The survivors are scavenging the remains... I don't know how much longer we can go on like this.........

do i get some kind of rebate since the government is shutdown
i mean i shouldn't have to pay for it
comcast would give me a free month

i need to find a job where i get paid $200k, can have a 10% approval rating from my peers, and when my company cant figure something out, we shut down and still get paid

Remember when Obama promised everyone would get to keep their old insurance plans if they wanted under the new law?

:lol: :rofl:

Back