[SO] The government is shut down...

Why hasn't the health insurance marketplace gone live yet? I need to get me some free healthcare cause I just bought another box of twinkies with my free welfare.

What's fucked up is that essential employees still have to report..........and won't get paid for it. Historically, once the government opens back up, they will get back pay...but no guarantee.

The health care act is good. I know tons of people that were denied insurance....even with no pre existing conditions! This should fix that. The only people that are against this are those that stand to lose something - and those companies are ver well funded - they are the ones that have been bank rolling all the negative campaigns. We are the only civilized country without a decent health plan. 1/5 of Americans can't afford health insurance.

What's fucked up is that essential employees still have to report..........and won't get paid for it. Historically, once the government opens back up, they will get back pay...but no guarantee.

The health care act is good. I know tons of people that were denied insurance....even with no pre existing conditions! This should fix that. The only people that are against this are those that stand to lose something - and those companies are ver well funded - they are the ones that have been bank rolling all the negative campaigns. We are the only civilized country without a decent health plan. 1/5 of Americans can't afford health insurance.

US employers slashing worker hours to avoid Obamacare insurance mandate | World news | theguardian.com

Back